Author Topic: Stock Interceptor vs my free-breathing Interceptor  (Read 18329 times)

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #135 on: April 09, 2021, 05:32:14 am
Hell, I was being kind. Pretty sure we're mostly a bunch of wrinkly Boomers.

My dad's a boomer. Gen X whipper-snapper, me. Too old for a skateboard but too young for a Mal (but ride both anyway).
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Breezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2019 Interceptor, 2021 R NineT
Reply #136 on: April 09, 2021, 09:58:01 am
I'm a boomer (just), and my next task is to find out what the hell Aleve is!  ???

Morgan65

• Grease Monkey
  • USA
Reply #137 on: April 09, 2021, 11:16:49 am
Does anybody in any motorcycle forum actually ride?  According to some, we're all pimply millenials posting from our mom's basement!
Yes I do ride most every day year round. I’ve ridden my motorcycle in all fifty states and in all of the ten Canadian Provinces. With one exception Hawaii I rented a HD Street Glide for two days. For my long distance riding I’ve used a Moto Guzzi now retired, for the last ten years I now ride Harley Davidsons. Do I come to look or post on motorcycle forums every day or week? NO, I would rather ride than talk about riding.
REs I currently own:
2007 AVL Bullet Electra Gray
2010 Bullet G5 Deluxe Black
2017 535 GT Continental Red
2018 Himalayan White
2018 Pegasus Green
2024 650 Super Meteor Celestial Blue

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #138 on: April 09, 2021, 02:14:00 pm
Does anybody in any motorcycle forum actually ride?  According to some, we're all pimply millenials posting from our mom's basement!

I don't ride every day, but I do something related to motorcycles or riding every day.

viczena

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #139 on: April 09, 2021, 02:23:41 pm
Its an old thread, but nearly 30% increase of low rpm torque is impressive. HP dont do much for fun and ridability, torque does.
www.enfieldtech.de
Harley CVO EGlide, Boss Hoss 502, BMW 1200 RT, Harley Panhead , Harley Davidson &Marlboro Man Bike BD2, Royal Enfield Trials, KTM EXC 500. And some more.

wachuko

• Grand Gearhead
  • '21 Continental GT 650
Reply #140 on: April 09, 2021, 02:32:05 pm
I am just happy I joined this forum recently. I have a problem with not wanting to own any vehicle or motorcycle "stock". Ton of knowledge here... All that is missing is a couple beers between us.

Going to go spend some money on +1hp more.

Welcome to the forum!!  Why not go for the full 5HP increase?   :D :D

Ride safe!
Wachuko
‘21 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650
'19 BMW F 850 GS Adventure - Gone... Planning for a 2023/22 Himalayan next...

GravyDavy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #141 on: April 09, 2021, 02:35:55 pm
I'm a boomer (just), and my next task is to find out what the hell Aleve is!  ???
Naproxen sodium

Breezin

• Grand Gearhead
  • 2019 Interceptor, 2021 R NineT
Reply #142 on: April 09, 2021, 02:48:11 pm
Naproxen sodium
Thanks. My education continues...

BlackIce619

• Grease Monkey
  • California
Reply #143 on: April 09, 2021, 03:41:07 pm

Yes! How else do you learn all the upgrades you want/need? I do have the interest to take this out to track or ride aggressively in the mountains. At the moment stock tires don't give me that comfort as of yet.
2019 RE Continental GT 650 - Ice Queen

GravyDavy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #144 on: April 09, 2021, 04:46:59 pm
Yes! How else do you learn all the upgrades you want/need? I do have the interest to take this out to track or ride aggressively in the mountains. At the moment stock tires don't give me that comfort as of yet.
The stock tires were clearly chosen strictly for the look. Nearly everybody reports that replacing them makes a clear improvement.

YellowDuck

• Grease Monkey
Reply #145 on: April 09, 2021, 05:19:40 pm
Great thread.  I've been on both sides of the fence.  Modded the **** out of a Ducati Sport Classic to try to turn it into a competent race bike (total suspension, steering damper, wheels, brakes, track bodywork, intake pods, exhaust, fuel map, pegs, controls, probably a bunch more stuff I have forgotten).  A bunch of that I would have done even if I wasn't racing it because honestly, at that time I enjoyed wrenching almost as much as riding.

This bike (once it arrives), is about just having a sweet little road bike to go riding on, mostly with my teenage daughter on her CBR250R.  No time for spinning wrenches these days really.  It will do exactly what I want it to do in 100% stock form, and look good doing it.

Both are perfectly legitimate ways of enjoying this hobby.  To each their own.

(But honestly, given my past irrational compulsion to needlessly modify perfectly good bikes, I may need to join a support group to stick to the above plan.  Can we start a thread for that?)

« Last Edit: April 09, 2021, 05:24:51 pm by YellowDuck »

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #146 on: April 10, 2021, 05:08:44 pm
Hell, I was being kind. Pretty sure we're mostly a bunch of wrinkly Boomers.

But Aye, Lads, to bed! For we rise at daybreak!

and then pee and go back to bed for a couple of hours to let the Aleve kick in
Damn! I thought I had the camera turned off on this computer!

CPJS

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #147 on: April 10, 2021, 06:19:58 pm
Great thread.  I've been on both sides of the fence.  Modded the **** out of a Ducati Sport Classic to try to turn it into a competent race bike (total suspension, steering damper, wheels, brakes, track bodywork, intake pods, exhaust, fuel map, pegs, controls, probably a bunch more stuff I have forgotten).  A bunch of that I would have done even if I wasn't racing it because honestly, at that time I enjoyed wrenching almost as much as riding.

This bike (once it arrives), is about just having a sweet little road bike to go riding on, mostly with my teenage daughter on her CBR250R.  No time for spinning wrenches these days really.  It will do exactly what I want it to do in 100% stock form, and look good doing it.

Both are perfectly legitimate ways of enjoying this hobby.  To each their own.

(But honestly, given my past irrational compulsion to needlessly modify perfectly good bikes, I may need to join a support group to stick to the above plan.  Can we start a thread for that?)

Join that support group now, you will need it.
My bets are on you wanting to fix the suspension before the first service.
Current bikes.
R E GT650
BMW R1200GS
KTM 250 EXC-F
BSA B25SS

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.

Jack Straw

• LAUGH MORE, LIVE LONGER
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Prescott, Arizona
Reply #148 on: April 10, 2021, 06:38:26 pm
I've been modding my vehicles forever....since my first bicycle (it sure looked cool with that chopped front fender).  My present Interceptor is no exception but honestly the bike is so good I could happily go back to bone stock with the exception of the tires and
seat and be quite happy with it.

ideola

• Grand Gearhead
  • it all starts with an idea
Reply #149 on: August 23, 2021, 09:24:24 pm
Think I measured the runner length in the airbox at 9 1/2"with a total of 14" to the valves. Cut that total intake length to 11-12" and you get over 50hp without loosing anything (very little) on the bottom.

That HP curve is 99.8% because of the stock 14" intake length
:-X :-X :-X
Duly noted...
2021 CGT650 "Project MLG" | 2021 INT650 "Rocketeer" | 2019 Janus Gryffin #030