Author Topic: New member looking for first 650 Interceptor  (Read 3188 times)

jhark37

• Bulleteer
Reply #15 on: February 22, 2020, 12:38:03 am
My dealer only had grey. My least favorite "color". It isn't really a color. More like a placeholder until a color can be put on. So that's what I did. Custom paint in British Racing Green and yellow. About the same price difference as the chrome but there's not another one like it anywhere. ;D

Olhogrider -

I absolutely LOVE the paint job you did.  Much better than any of the OEM options, IMO.

We seem to be on the same wavelength mod-wise, also.  I'm not using the DNA filter, but did remove the cover/snorkel.  Also have the AEW
pea shooters and have installed the Booster Plug.  Sure looks great, and runs even better.

Always looking for new ideas, so I'll be on the look out for your next mod!

Cheers, John

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #16 on: February 22, 2020, 01:16:06 am
Olhogrider -

I absolutely LOVE the paint job you did.  Much better than any of the OEM options, IMO.

We seem to be on the same wavelength mod-wise, also.  I'm not using the DNA filter, but did remove the cover/snorkel.  Also have the AEW
pea shooters and have installed the Booster Plug.  Sure looks great, and runs even better.

Always looking for new ideas, so I'll be on the look out for your next mod!

Cheers, John

Haha! I have had a rack on the back but I didn't like the looks. I have the Motone suction cup rack and a Burly tank bag but I don't use them all the time.

What else have you done?

jhark37

• Bulleteer
Reply #17 on: February 22, 2020, 11:55:31 am
Haha! I have had a rack on the back but I didn't like the looks. I have the Motone suction cup rack and a Burly tank bag but I don't use them all the time.

What else have you done?

The major/most expensive is a Russell Day-Long saddle.  HUGE improvement!  Other mods include Rox 1" up and back risers, Grip Puppies, bar end mirrors, led running lights (to be seen), led combo tail/brake/directionals, rear rack, Nelson Rigg magnetic tank bag and small commuter rear bag, and the latest is the belt drive conversion.  Also used the auxiliary outlet in the headlight to power my gps.  Have an old pair of Tourmaster throw over saddle bags I use when the need arises. 

Not sure what more can be done, but keep my eyes open!  Just love to tinker...  And this bike is such a great 'canvas'.

John

jimku

• Grand Gearhead
  • Nampa, Idaho USA
Reply #18 on: February 22, 2020, 10:09:04 pm
The major/most expensive is a Russell Day-Long saddle.  HUGE improvement!  Other mods include Rox 1" up and back risers, Grip Puppies, bar end mirrors, led running lights (to be seen), led combo tail/brake/directionals, rear rack, Nelson Rigg magnetic tank bag and small commuter rear bag, and the latest is the belt drive conversion.  Also used the auxiliary outlet in the headlight to power my gps.  Have an old pair of Tourmaster throw over saddle bags I use when the need arises. 

Not sure what more can be done, but keep my eyes open!  Just love to tinker...  And this bike is such a great 'canvas'.

John

John, I don't see any mention in there of a windshield or wind screen?
2019 Interceptor. 
I hope my tubeless wheels make you cringe. 8) https://www.dropbox.com/s/zobmpjq2gqtvypj/RE%20TIRE%20AND%20WHEEL.JPG?dl=0
Sometimes you're the windshield, sometimes you're the bug.
https://youtu.be/GG5ghP8XLW8

jhark37

• Bulleteer
Reply #19 on: February 23, 2020, 12:07:35 am
John, I don't see any mention in there of a windshield or wind screen?

Yes, that's correct.  About 90% of my riding is 35-45 mph.  Only very occasional highway use for brief periods.  So don't really need one.
You can bet I had one on my Vstrom for my 6 week/9500 mile national tour a few years ago.  So I'm not against them, just subject to need.

John