Author Topic: Recall and Non-BYBRE Calipers  (Read 10048 times)

SandSquid

• Seattle, Washington
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2020 INT650 "Orange Crush"
on: April 05, 2021, 05:52:11 pm
I just had the brake caliper recall done a few days ago... anyone who had this done notice that the new anodized calipers don't say "BYBRE" on them? Or is that just me and I got bent over the proverbial barrel?
“It follows then as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious.”

- President George Washington

Rick Dangerous

• Bulleteer
  • I like to move it move it.
Reply #1 on: April 05, 2021, 05:54:21 pm
When i got my bike from the dealer he said "this has had the brake recall done on it already"  I also noticed the calipers don't say BYBRE on them but didn't think much of it.
Past Bikes: Ducati, Kawasaki's, Triumph's  Current: 2020 Royal Enfield INT650 Baker Express

Effektor

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: April 05, 2021, 05:56:05 pm
Nope, the replacements don't have a logo on them.

wachuko

• Grand Gearhead
  • '21 Continental GT 650
Reply #3 on: April 05, 2021, 06:14:46 pm
No logo on the replacements... correct.

Not my bike, but from a fellow owner... mine goes in this Wednesday.

Ride safe!
Wachuko
‘21 Royal Enfield Continental GT 650
'19 BMW F 850 GS Adventure - Gone... Planning for a 2023/22 Himalayan next...

SandSquid

• Seattle, Washington
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: April 05, 2021, 06:17:58 pm
Nope, the replacements don't have a logo on them.

do we know if they're still "BYBRE" calipers?
“It follows then as certain as that night succeeds the day, that without a decisive naval force we can do nothing definitive, and with it, everything honorable and glorious.”

viczena

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: April 05, 2021, 06:23:17 pm
They are another cheap lookalike Brembo copy.
www.enfieldtech.de
Harley CVO EGlide, Boss Hoss 502, BMW 1200 RT, Harley Panhead , Harley Davidson &Marlboro Man Bike BD2, Royal Enfield Trials, KTM EXC 500. And some more.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: April 05, 2021, 06:29:02 pm
True but will they give the same issues as the old ones.

viczena

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: April 05, 2021, 06:45:46 pm
They seem to be anodized a little bit better.
www.enfieldtech.de
Harley CVO EGlide, Boss Hoss 502, BMW 1200 RT, Harley Panhead , Harley Davidson &Marlboro Man Bike BD2, Royal Enfield Trials, KTM EXC 500. And some more.

SandSquid

• Seattle, Washington
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: April 05, 2021, 06:50:25 pm
True but will they give the same issues as the old ones.

They still make me stop when I want them to. Which is good. We don't really use salt up here for the roads, so probably wouldn't have had too much a problem, unless I decided to drive on a beach somewhere. But figured it would be best to get the recall done so I can log it in case I sell it some day.

6504me

• Grand Gearhead
  • SW USA
Reply #9 on: April 05, 2021, 06:53:51 pm
Brembo created the ByeBre branding yo separate them from the first tier Brembo products in order to OEM brake parts at lower prices to companies lik RE.

From what I understand Brembo didn't like the black eye of the ByBre calipers sticking and the replacement calipers don't have a logo.

Perhaps that sounds the end of the ByeBre brand

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: April 06, 2021, 02:58:45 pm
For what it's worth my 2018 Himalayan has unmarked calipers on it, they appear to be identical to the replacement Interceptor calipers, at least in outward appearance.

Rick Dangerous

• Bulleteer
  • I like to move it move it.
Reply #11 on: April 06, 2021, 03:28:53 pm
Who cares if they have the logo to be honest?  Is anyone going to be like, "wow, are those ByBre's?"  No....no one cares. lol.
Past Bikes: Ducati, Kawasaki's, Triumph's  Current: 2020 Royal Enfield INT650 Baker Express

Jared_Lee

• Grease Monkey
Reply #12 on: April 06, 2021, 03:54:41 pm
I agree with you, Rick. I don't think anyone is impressed by the ByBre calipers on another person's bike. I do think that branding added value for buyers though. To lose that through a recall understandably creates a feeling of disappointment when a buyer placed value on that branding at purchase. What I really care about though is that my new calipers are reliable under all reasonable conditions up to modern standards. Hopefully these unbranded calipers achieve that.

viczena

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: April 06, 2021, 04:00:35 pm
The only branding I would look for is BREMBO. Not BRYMO, BRYMBO, BRDEX, BYRDWO, BYBRE, BYEBYE... Or some other chinese crap.

Its like a truck with a FROD branding.
« Last Edit: April 06, 2021, 04:04:50 pm by viczena »
www.enfieldtech.de

SandSquid

• Seattle, Washington
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: April 06, 2021, 04:56:15 pm
Who cares if they have the logo to be honest?  Is anyone going to be like, "wow, are those ByBre's?"  No....no one cares. lol.

Wasn't a question of showing off some brand label (or, off-brand-yet-somehow-still-branded label, in this case). It's a matter of changing something and not letting us know. RE made a big deal about the "BREMBO BRAKES!" so it is what it is. But, when you go into a dealer to get a part swapped out and the part is different somehow, I question what I'm getting.