Author Topic: Meteor First Ride  (Read 912 times)

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
on: September 20, 2021, 07:39:40 pm
I was at Cycles of Silver Spring (Maryland) today. I was invited to ride the Meteor 350. It's the most civilized bike ever. Super smooth, no lag in the power band. The whole chassis feels well planted and stable. It's a very nice motorcycle.
ACE Motors - sales & administration

20MarkIII

• Grand Gearhead
  • East Central Indiana, USA
Reply #1 on: September 20, 2021, 11:57:17 pm
I was at Cycles of Silver Spring (Maryland) today. I was invited to ride the Meteor 350. It's the most civilized bike ever. Super smooth, no lag in the power band. The whole chassis feels well planted and stable. It's a very nice motorcycle.
Fun little bike. Excellent handling and fuel economy. I think part of the "magic" are the Harris Performance frames on the new generation RE's. Will you buy one?

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: September 21, 2021, 12:54:21 am
I’m impressed, but I have enough bikes already.
ACE Motors - sales & administration

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
  • Rebelling Against The Rebels
Reply #3 on: September 25, 2021, 08:27:11 pm
Finally got my chance to ride one today. They came in back in May, but I was on my way out of the country and didn't have time to drop by and take a ride.  The local dealer's test ride bike now has 2300 km on it so has had a chance to run in a bit, though I'd not class it as "broken in" yet.  Still, it was a nice, smooth ride.  Ran a bit through town, then up along a congested two lane to the four lane towards the next city.  Rode it almost to the toll booth and turned back. 

Impressions include:

Smoothest RE bike I've ridden so far (I've got a Rumbler 500, have ridden the Rumbler 350, Classic 500, Himalayan and 650 Interceptor)
Doesn't have the "character" or "soul" of the Rumbler and Classic lines.
Doesn't have the power of the 500 - but that was expected
Has plenty of pep for around town and most of our highways here in Coffee Country
Great little bike that fills the niche between the 200's and the "big" bikes down here.

I won't be buying one, but have no qualms about recommending one to folks in the market for a bike in this niche.  The only complaints I've got about it are what most would consider its strengths.  :o  8)  ;D
Paul

2015 Royal Enfield Rumbler 500