Author Topic: FS: Hog Head GT 650/535 Fork Brace $165 Free Shipping US and CN  (Read 1328 times)

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
This nicely crafted in 6061-T6 billet aluminum fork brace with 3D milling and a machine finish, apparently a replica of TrianglePete's fork brace. The mounting holes are slotted to provide a greater range of compensation for RE manufacturing tolerances and fork stiction.  Four flanged M6 stainless steel screws are included.

Before purchase, please verify your forks have the mounting lugs in the second and third pictures.

Hog Head mistakenly advertised his fork brace in the UCE forum (since deleted by Dantheman), which is where I saw it.  I asked him if it fit my 2016 C5 and he answered Yes.  Turns out the UCE 500s don't have the requisite fork mounting lugs. I hadn't seen my fork legs in two years so didn't remember and it appears he didn't know or remember either.  While waiting for his fork brace to arrive from Thailand, I checked suspension parts at Hitchcocks and found this fork brace https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/21341?ref_page=Classic%20EFI  I then realized the Hog Head fork brace might not work for my C5 and when it arrived (fast shipping, thank you) I could tell without looking at my forks (which I still haven't seen) it wouldn't.  And that's why I have this one for sale.
2016 RE Classic 500 CA version Fair-Weather Mountain Bike
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod

Softlysoftlycatcheemonkey

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: September 06, 2021, 04:24:41 pm
Is the brace still for sale?

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: September 06, 2021, 05:43:30 pm
Thanks for your interest.  It is and I responded to your PM.

Hog Head

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: September 18, 2021, 03:19:42 am
This nicely crafted in 6061-T6 billet aluminum fork brace with 3D milling and a machine finish, apparently a replica of TrianglePete's fork brace. The mounting holes are slotted to provide a greater range of compensation for RE manufacturing tolerances and fork stiction.  Four flanged M6 stainless steel screws are included.

Before purchase, please verify your forks have the mounting lugs in the second and third pictures.

Hog Head mistakenly advertised his fork brace in the UCE forum (since deleted by Dantheman), which is where I saw it.  I asked him if it fit my 2016 C5 and he answered Yes. 

You may wish to check the accuracy of your statement.  If you check my message, you will see that I told you that it fitted all RE models with the factory fork brace.  I clearly did not say that it would fit your specific model, and if so then please post that statement.  Trying to make it out that I told you that this part would fit your specific bike is simply not true.
« Last Edit: September 18, 2021, 04:08:12 am by Hog Head »
Ducati Supersport S
Harley XR1200
Triumph T-120 Bonnie (Hinkley)
RE 650 Interceptor
Harley XL1200R

Softlysoftlycatcheemonkey

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: September 18, 2021, 11:06:44 am
I've re-sent a message to Bert Remington as the first time didn't receive a response.

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5 on: September 18, 2021, 05:12:28 pm
Hog Head -- you MISTAKENLY advertised your version of TrianglePete's fork brace in the UCE forum.  I hadn't seen my UCE's fork legs for two years (still haven't) which is why I asked you, the "expert" fabricator, if the brace would fit.  And you answered Yes, with the existing brace qualifier.  I looked to you as the fork brace expert and was disappointed.

Hog Head

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: September 19, 2021, 03:46:35 am
Hog Head -- you MISTAKENLY advertised your version of TrianglePete's fork brace in the UCE forum.  I hadn't seen my UCE's fork legs for two years (still haven't) which is why I asked you, the "expert" fabricator, if the brace would fit.  And you answered Yes, with the existing brace qualifier.  I looked to you as the fork brace expert and was disappointed.

I told you that it fits RE models with the stock brace.  I did not say "Yes, with the existing brace qualifier"
Once again, I look forward to you posting that alleged statement.  Given that you cannot back up your allegation, then your position is unjustified and untenable.   

The fact that you have no knowledge of your own bike, could not be bothered to find out, and still have not even seen your bike, is not my responsibility.  Your attempt to blame me for your ignorance and ineptitude is simply pathetic.  Man up, stop trying to shift the blame, and admit that you simply made an error. 

As a gesture of my goodwill, I put another Owner in touch with you to buy the brace.  He tells me that he is going to buy it now.
You can thank me later. 
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 04:05:16 am by Hog Head »
Ducati Supersport S
Harley XR1200
RE 650 Interceptor
Harley XL1200R

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #7 on: September 19, 2021, 04:51:06 am
To begin with, you demonstrably lacked knowledge of the fitting of your fork brace by mistakenly offering it for sale in the UCE forum, a mistake that was corrected by Dantheman.

You apparently made this mistake because you based the fabrication of your fork brace on TrianglePete's fork brace.  TrianglePete's fork brace demonstrated not only his originality but also his superior knowledge of it's application by NOT offering it in the UCE forum.

I concur I made a mistake.  I trusted you as a copycat fabricator that you would know the applicability of your fork brace.  So when I saw your fork brace mistakenly offered in the UCE forum and asked you to verify applicability, you responded with a qualified Yes.

And that was my mistake: trusting you as a knowledgeable copycat fabricator to know the applicability of your product. And to offer it only in the applicable (and appropriate) forums.

It is my belief that fabricators, even copycat fabricators, should take responsibility for knowledge of the applicability of their products.  And should not mistakenly offer them in forums for which they are not applicable.  And for which others must correct their mistake because the copycat fabricator doesn't have requisite knowledge.  And lacking that requisite knowledge the copycat fabricator provides qualified answers to prospective customers specific questions of applicability.

Hog Head

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: September 19, 2021, 10:45:05 am
It seems there is no end to pedantic excuses for your ignorance of your bike and related mistake.  This latest line of reasoning beggars belief.

Like most 535 Continental Owners I too read the UCE forum as the bikes are similar.  Apparently I am not the only one, and at least one Conti owner bought a brace from seeing it listed in UCE.  I fail to see how listing in the UCE forum, and telling you that it fits all RE with a factory brace, constitutes an error on my part.

You ramble on about "others must correct their mistake because the copycat fabricator doesn't have requisite knowledge.  And lacking that requisite knowledge the copycat fabricator provides qualified answers to prospective customers specific questions of applicability.
I told you exactly what it fits without qualification - IE all RE models with the factory brace. 
Your mistake was ignorance of your own bike 

You clearly are the type of guy that will argue black is white and must get in the last word.  .
My position is clear, you made a mistake, and I will not waste any more time with your endless excuses and justification for your own ignorance.
Man up to making a mistake, and get out from behind your keyboard and go look at your bike.

Ducati Supersport S
Harley XR1200
RE 650 Interceptor
Harley XL1200R

Hog Head

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: September 19, 2021, 11:54:52 am
Given your inability to prove I claimed that this part fits your bike, I can only assume that you have given up that spurious assertation.
It seems however, that there is no end to pedantic excuses for ignorance of your bike.  This latest line of reasoning beggars belief.

Like most 535 Continental Owners I too read the UCE forum as the bikes are similar.  Apparently I am not the only one, and at least one Conti owner admits reading the UCE forum, and bought a brace from seeing it listed in UCE.  I fail to see how listing in the UCE forum, and personally telling you that it fits all RE with a factory brace, constitutes either an error on my part, or implies that it fits any other RE model without a brace.
If you truly believed that by virtue of advertising in UCE that fitment was guaranteed, why even ask?  Sounds like you are grasping at straws to justify your mistake after the fact.

You ramble on about "others must correct their mistake because the copycat fabricator doesn't have requisite knowledge.  And lacking that requisite knowledge the copycat fabricator provides qualified answers to prospective customers specific questions of applicability.
I told you exactly what bikes the part fits without any qualification whatsoever- IE all RE models with the factory brace. 
Your mistake was ignorance of your own bike in assuming that it has an OEM brace. 

My position, and more importantly the facts are clear.  I told you EXACTLY what bike this part fits, I did not say that it fits your bike, and you made a mistake based on ignorance of your bike.  I will not waste any more time with your endless excuses and justification for your mistake.  Trying to shift the blame to me, is pathetic. 

You clearly are the type of guy that will argue black is white and must get in the last word.
I however have had enough - Hoghead out
« Last Edit: September 19, 2021, 12:40:36 pm by Hog Head »
Ducati Supersport S
Harley XR1200
RE 650 Interceptor
Harley XL1200R

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #10 on: September 19, 2021, 04:02:30 pm
As a copycat fabricator, you did not understand the applicability of your product.

This is demonstrated by your mistaken listing of your product in the UCE forum.

You did not correct your mistake.

Your mistake had to be corrected by another member: Dantheman.

Your lack of understanding was also demonstrated by your qualified answer to my applicability question.

A reputable fabricator, even a copycat fabricator, would provide an unqualified Yes or No answer to an applicability question.

I made a mistake trusting your knowledge of your product's applicability, knowledge you demonstrably lacked and subsequently raising the question of reputability.

This dialog has value for other members when you offer products for sale in the future.