Author Topic: image test  (Read 1287 times)

Brian10x

• Grand Gearhead
on: October 02, 2022, 12:01:39 am
I've been trying to figure out how to add a picture to my post.  Its easy to add as an attachment, but how do I insert the image inside my post?

On advice from another poster, I tried to upload to my Photobucket account, then move the image from Photobucket to the forum.

I can't figure it out.  What am i doing wrong?
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 12:16:28 am by Brian10x »
The road to redemption is paved by dried bodily fluids.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #1 on: October 02, 2022, 02:47:05 pm
Most photo hosting web sites have sharing codes for the pictures you upload, usually in a drop down list. Find this list for the picture you want to share. Find the code marked as something like "hotlink for forums/message boards." Copy and paste this into your message.

A.

Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Brian10x

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: October 02, 2022, 02:56:08 pm
I looked and could not find it on Photobucket. I'll try Googling it. or I'll ask Jeeves. Or Go Duck. Or something.

Brian10x

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: October 02, 2022, 03:09:44 pm
« Last Edit: October 02, 2022, 03:18:47 pm by Brian10x »

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #4 on: October 03, 2022, 02:56:41 pm
Getting better, I've replied to your other thread about this.

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Nitrowing

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5 on: October 03, 2022, 09:13:59 pm
I use https://postimages.org/ and not had an issue.
No wonder we no longer have a motor industry

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #6 on: October 04, 2022, 04:36:11 pm
Another thing you can do, if you need to insert a photo "inline" into your text which isn't hosted online elsewhere, is to attach the photo as a file and then within the hour "editing window" copy and paste the attached photo's link into the message.

Here's an example, also attached below:

You will note if you "quote" this message how I fiddled with the image's "height=" and "width=" characteristics in the "img" coding to make that huge image display neater, without running off the page.

Sadly, the Admins had to institute that hour's limit on editing or deletion of messages because of some kerfuffle we'd had a while back with someone deleting all of their messages in an "I'm taking my ball and going home" kind of snit, thereby really messing up the continuity of the threads. Frankly, I think we could reinstitute the old unlimited editing policy now.
« Last Edit: October 04, 2022, 05:58:44 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.