Author Topic: Amusing advice  (Read 2737 times)

Kevin Mahoney

• Gotten my hands dirty on bikes more than once -
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Cozy Sidecar distributor/former Royal Enfield dist
on: June 19, 2018, 09:37:56 pm

I found this on an Indian blog about the Himalayan. First understand the issue is in no way a criticism of the fine motorcycle. They are referring to an issue they had when the forded some very cold water and the clutch adjustment changed which should not be an issue. They give three methods for dealing with this. The second is one of those "it seemed like a good idea at the time" deals.
So next time when you ride the Himalayas with the Himalayan, always remember there are three ways to solve such issues, first is to pour some hot water on the clutch wire, which can be seen on the right side of the engine, ssecond is to light a fire next to the motorcycle, and third easiest method is to just loose down your clutch wire
Best Regards,
Kevin Mahoney
www.cyclesidecar.com

Merrill

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: June 20, 2018, 04:19:56 am
Great tips Kevin,  I think I’ll jot them down on the back of a buissness card and keep’em in my wallet????
Thanks for posting your experience with the new Himalayan’s .  After a long wait I’m picking mine up Friday morning.   Very exciting. 

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: June 20, 2018, 02:34:42 pm
Great tips Kevin,  I think I’ll jot them down on the back of a buissness card and keep’em in my wallet????
Thanks for posting your experience with the new Himalayan’s .  After a long wait I’m picking mine up Friday morning.   Very exciting.

Business card?  It that one of the things that you clean your ignition points with?    ;D
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

chuychacon

• Bulleteer
  • TEAM BANZAI 88
Reply #3 on: June 20, 2018, 03:24:02 pm
Ignition point is that  a spark plug  ;D ;D :o
Moto Guzzi Lemans 1980
Kawasaki 750 Twin Cafe 1982
Honda XL 350 older brothers age 18-20
Honda Dream 50cc hand me down age10-14

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #4 on: July 06, 2020, 09:55:05 pm
Wow - even in India there are those "Hey Guys, watch this!" folks!
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.