Author Topic: Video overview of Ace Fireball 535 Continental GT  (Read 6150 times)

jez

• Scooter
Reply #30 on: September 19, 2020, 08:24:21 am
As a matter of interest did you have to retard the timing due to the tighter flame path? Folks weld up Nuovo Falcone heads to get a similar shape and improved power, but in that Guzzi engine the timing then needs retarding  as apart from anything else the compression ratio has also been raised a lot.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #31 on: September 19, 2020, 10:32:26 am
In this particular bike the timing is somewhat retarded particularly at slower revs. I don't have the equipment to get a perfect ignition map so it's mainly set as per experience and seat dyno. Below 1000 rpm the timing is set to be at/after TDC mainly for better kick starting performance and to avoid unpleasant kick backs, broken legs and busted free wheels on the drive shaft of the crank. Also when the battery is weak and doesn't turn over the engine as fast I've experienced kickbacks with the ignition timing set to the values as Hitchcock's do.

Anyway lubed the chain and rode shopping yesterday, hitting maybe 170kmh? I don't know my speedo doesn't go as far, and the last thing I'm going to put on this bike is a gps tracking device sending my coordinates to some "good" person at the police department via the mobile network.   ;D
« Last Edit: September 19, 2020, 10:37:44 am by Joe_535i »

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: September 19, 2020, 02:32:03 pm
Joe - What about a Garmin or a Tom Tom?  Don’t they beam to a satellite network and not a cell phone network?!
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #33 on: September 19, 2020, 03:08:57 pm
Joe - What about a Garmin or a Tom Tom?  Don’t they beam to a satellite network and not a cell phone network?!

That should bei okay, honestly I don't care about the exact top speed. I think the bike is now fast enough to out speed and out accelerate that indian motorcyclist chasing tiger.  ;)