Author Topic: What did you do to your bike today?  (Read 287625 times)

Gremlinsteve

• Grease Monkey

Breaker Express

• Grease Monkey
  • Ocoee, FL USA
Reply #76 on: April 11, 2021, 09:50:37 pm
NV Ducati - Thanks for the input. I will be getting it all straightened out this week.
Gravy Davy - I could not pick mine up without help as it landed on the lawnmower and I could only access one end or the other. My kid came and helped.
2020 Baker Express

GravyDavy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #77 on: April 12, 2021, 03:00:54 am
Ouch! That makes it really awkward, but at least you had a kid to help.

I had to wait until the UPS truck came by. It was a trifle embarrassing.

Breaker Express

• Grease Monkey
  • Ocoee, FL USA
Reply #78 on: April 12, 2021, 11:02:59 pm
I tried to straighten out the brake pedal but it is going to need some heat to get the wrinkles out so a change of plans.
I ordered the pedal from Wemoto and in the meantime I will experiment with cutting off the piece that the rubber goes on and I will play around with trying to make an old school end like I had on every bike until this one ;D ;D
2020 Baker Express

Breaker Express

• Grease Monkey
  • Ocoee, FL USA
Reply #79 on: April 12, 2021, 11:05:32 pm
Something like the end of this
2020 Baker Express

Blazes Boylan

• Grand Gearhead
  • Brooklyn
Reply #80 on: April 12, 2021, 11:31:37 pm
Something like the end of this

I bought one from Tec Bikes but I prefer an old school brake pedal.  If you come up with a solution I'd love to see it.

Semanticks

• Grease Monkey
  • 2019 Interceptor Ravishing Red
Reply #81 on: April 13, 2021, 01:25:15 am
Installed the Krator incandescent indicators in the stock location.
South Okanagan BC

2019 Interceptor Ravishing Red

Breaker Express

• Grease Monkey
  • Ocoee, FL USA
Reply #82 on: April 13, 2021, 01:40:16 am
I bought one from Tec Bikes but I prefer an old school brake pedal.  If you come up with a solution I'd love to see it.

Not sure how it will turn but I will give it a go and let you know.
2020 Baker Express

Blazes Boylan

• Grand Gearhead
  • Brooklyn
Reply #83 on: April 13, 2021, 02:16:28 am
I finally finished rewiring my Interceptor and getting my LED headlight bulb, Motogadget pin turn signals, Motone El Dorado taillight, and anodized aluminum switch gears working.  I could only interpret the wiring diagram so far then used trial and error until I got all the controls working correctly.

Blazes Boylan

• Grand Gearhead
  • Brooklyn
Reply #84 on: April 13, 2021, 02:27:42 am
I think I've jettisoned all the plastic.  I also installed the Hitchcock's USB adapter.  I ordered their auxiliary splitter but it was out of stock so I made one.

Royal Low

• Scooter
Reply #85 on: April 13, 2021, 02:02:55 pm
Added a few lights. For "Safety" lol.

Blazes Boylan

• Grand Gearhead
  • Brooklyn
Reply #86 on: April 13, 2021, 03:20:54 pm
Added a few lights. For "Safety" lol.

That actually does increase your visibility and safety, according to FortNine anyway.

Blazes Boylan

• Grand Gearhead
  • Brooklyn
Reply #87 on: April 13, 2021, 06:22:36 pm
After leaving it in acetone overnight to no avail and wasting money on a couple of thoroughly benign paint strippers, I applied elbow grease and eventually managed to strip the powder coating off the front fender bracket.  I then sanded it with WD40 and three different grades of sandpaper, finishing off with a few dabs of Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish and a 6" buffing wheel attached to my drill press.  (The cheap Amazon buffing wheel sent fibers flying all over my kitchen, the downside of having a drill press in your kitchen.)  I won't be putting it back on the bike until I've finished taking the forks off, drilling a few 8mm holes in the damper rods, and installing the YSS upgrade kit.

Hoiho

• Dead horse beater
  • Grand Gearhead
  • NZ - 2020 GT 650
Reply #88 on: April 13, 2021, 09:53:20 pm
After leaving it in acetone overnight to no avail and wasting money on a couple of thoroughly benign paint strippers, I applied elbow grease and eventually managed to strip the powder coating off the front fender bracket.  I then sanded it with WD40 and three different grades of sandpaper, finishing off with a few dabs of Mothers Mag & Aluminum Polish and a 6" buffing wheel attached to my drill press.  (The cheap Amazon buffing wheel sent fibers flying all over my kitchen, the downside of having a drill press in your kitchen.)  I won't be putting it back on the bike until I've finished taking the forks off, drilling a few 8mm holes in the damper rods, and installing the YSS upgrade kit.

You're doing all this in your NY apartment - kudos!

Jack Straw

• LAUGH MORE, LIVE LONGER
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Prescott, Arizona
Reply #89 on: April 13, 2021, 09:58:54 pm
Nice job. I was gonna do that but it ruined my manicure so I painted it black.