Author Topic: TEC 20mm lowering shocks for sale  (Read 736 times)

RalphG

• Grease Monkey
on: June 28, 2022, 06:17:45 pm
I have a pair of absolutely as new TEC lowering (20mm, 7/8") shock absorbers for the Interceptor or GT models.  I used these for less than 500 miles and they are too stiff for my 135# on an Interceptor that has been lightened by over 30#. I had to go with very custom IKONs which cost over $500.  These TEC shocks are the softer option, but they did not sag at all under my 135# and with the bike lightened 30#, as noted.

There is not a chip, scratch or blemish on these shocks and they have the correct eye bushings to fit the RE 650cc frame mounts.  The 20mm lowering allows many riders to "flat foot" more easily and there is no necessity to pull the forks up or alter the side-stand.   To use the OEM center-stand, however, you have to be much stronger than I am or (what I do) is to run the bike's rear wheel onto a 1" thick board, which makes it very easy then to use the center-stand.  Shock finish is gloss black.  See TEC USA website for photos.

Price shipped is $150.  Personal check okay, after it clears.  Continental USA shipping only. 

E-mail to me at krglorioso@hotmail.com

Thanks, Ralph

Description from TEC-USA Website:   

TEC All alloy rear gas piggyback shocks with adjustable damping to fit Royal Enfield Interceptor 650 & Continental GT 650.
These shocks lower the seat height by up to two inches. We also have shocks which provide stock ride height. See separate listings.
The shocks feature:
Our triple rate progressive springs.
Black with black springs
They are adjustable in length from 335mm to 375mm between centers and 35mm range of adjustment on the pre-load of the spring.
15 way adjustable 'click' damping.
These units have 70mm of travel and provide better comfort and ride.
Supplied with springs for an average weight rider160 - 240lbs. If your ready-to-ride weight is less than 160lbs leave a note in Order Comments at Checkout and we will change the springs to our softer option.
The design is much cleaner than the original shocks provided on the bike, which are a bit rounded and chunky in our opinion.
Provides better damping performance and are lighter than the original units.
Shocks are supplied ready to fit will all necessary fittings and adjustment wrench included 
You don't stop riding motorcycles because you got old; you got old because you stopped riding motorcycles.

DanW

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: September 18, 2022, 10:29:49 pm
Hey Ralph! Any chance you still have the shocks for sale? I may be interested!

RalphG

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: September 25, 2022, 04:48:17 am
Hey Ralph! Any chance you still have the shocks for sale? I may be interested!

Yes, clean as new.  Still for sale.
Ralph
You don't stop riding motorcycles because you got old; you got old because you stopped riding motorcycles.

DanW

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: September 29, 2022, 08:58:21 pm
Yes, clean as new.  Still for sale.
Ralph

Hey Ralph. I sent you an email (and a direct message on here). To the email address you had listed above.