Author Topic: Electric pickup truck news  (Read 3352 times)

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #15 on: January 09, 2022, 09:57:24 am
Yesterday, I watched just another amazing "global warming", "covid", "end of the world" scammers and profiteers movie "Don´t look up".

In the future AzCal will be eaten up by a bronteroc.   ;D

Well if you take the shot, you may get a stroke druring the "act" before the bronteroc comes.    ;)

https://brjm.org/2021/12/318-athlete-cardiac-arrests-after-covid-vax/

« Last Edit: January 09, 2022, 10:21:57 am by derottone »

Karl Childers

• Ghost in the machine.
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: January 09, 2022, 02:26:44 pm
For the most part I liked that movie, it came from the left a little more than the center but it took a look at how we as humans react to real threats and how quickly we retreat to our political fortresses. I do believe in climate change and a need to change our carbon footprint. To what extent that really affects the climate I don't know because as with all things the numbers from both sides are skewed as each has their own agenda. The middle ground here is that it is not such a bad idea to clean up our environment for the benefit of future generations and not allow the the planet to become an industrial waste land.

The same goes for Covid and the pandemic, it is real, I've watched several friends die from it. It is politicized and the dividing lines have been drawn. There is definitely an agenda attached to it at the moment and lots of disinformation from both sides. Fear is a very powerful tool and very useful in manipulating the populace. George Orwell would find none of this surprising. Those cardiac stats are real and the cases go well beyond those athletes and into the 20 - 30 year old age bracket that have had that reaction to the vaccine, don't be surprised when those verifiable cases are scrubbed from the net or trivialized because they don't fit neatly into  the direction intended. Now break through cases of covid are rising within the ranks of those that have been multiply treated and I'm sure booster #4 is on the horizon. Let's work together to take a closer look at the flawed science or again draw your battle lines, either vax* or no vax, and be sure to hate and blame whoever is on the opposite side. "Don't Look Up" takes a look at this self defeating aspect of the human condition.

*It is also very Orwellian to change the definition of vaccine in order to make the current treatments fit. Why the CDC and big Pharma can't own this and go ahead with acknowledging that it is a treatment casts doubts in some minds and puts more egg on their faces as break through infections rise. The treatment still allows its benefactor to spread the virus but on the other hand has lessened deaths to some degree but as time goes on more risks are coming to light.  Maddening isn't it? There is so much fodder here for a new book if only George were still alive he'd be having a field day. Meanwhile the Omicron variant although more contagious is proving to be less virulent and a possible indicator of the overall burn out of the virus. Along with what that would mean to us in general I would hope  this would lessen the fear factor that is prevalent and allow people to be a more objective and a lot less swayed by those that have an agenda vested in this. I can't help but think of those many old "Twilight Zone"  episodes that Rod Serling and other writers penned with the theme of how easily we can be distracted and manipulated by fear.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #17 on: January 09, 2022, 03:26:02 pm
If nothing this movie shows exactly the characters i would entrust with the decision which air valve cap to put on the wheels of my bike. ::)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #18 on: January 09, 2022, 05:45:24 pm
@ #14: " Thats the difference. And dont forget that a plant that generates H2 needs constant energy, as it is a continuous process. It does not like On/Off, it is expensive and slow to start the process of generating H2 before it runs. ZigZag electricity from Wind or Solar is exact what these plants dont want. If you pump H2 in salt or through pipelines, the losses are enormeous. And the H2 destroys the pipeline steel and all seals. "
You don't really know how the Grid operates. You also choose to ignore history & research on H2 blending with natgas & other fuel gasses. "zigzag power" is what P2G mitigates by normalizing load & providing market opportunities. You also don't seem to understand how salt domes are used to store natgas & H2. If H2 ate all seals & containers, how can you explain the existing commercial above ground H2 storage systems with thousands of steel tanks, valves, piping, tubing & seals? These things set out the in the weather for years and don't dissolve. As far as pumping thru pipelines, what exactly do you thing the natgas folks are doing? As far as electrolyzer efficiency, I like actual researched sources, not ax-grinding vitriol. I already told you that round-trip P2G efficiency is about 40%, but as the "fuel is free" for PV & Wind, and we're talking off-peak demand times, so what? Use it somewhere or it's gone. How smart is it really for Germany to depend on Putin & Gazprom? Do you want that worthy to be in control of your economy?

https://www.gazprom.com/projects/germany/

https://www.forbes.com/sites/davekeating/2018/07/19/how-dependent-is-germany-on-russian-gas/?sh=64c41193b489
But in 2015 Germany imported 35% of its gas from Russia. About the same amount, 34%, came from Norway. 29% came from The Netherlands.
But there is reason to believe that the Russian proportion will go up. Germany is the world’s biggest natural gas importer, having to bring 92% of the gas it consumes in from outside the country. The few gas fields that Germany has will likely be completely depleted within the next decade
But looking only at gas gives a distorted impression of Germany’s energy mix, because gas accounts for only around 23% of Germany’s primary energy use. Germany also gets its energy from nuclear, renewables, coal and oil – little of which comes from Russia.
Germany gets its nuclear and coal energy domestically. But Chancellor Angela Merkel has vowed to phase out both of those energy sources within the next decade. The country has an ambitious renewable energy expansion program in place called the Energiewende which is designed to replace those energy sources with solar and wind. But sceptics say it is more likely to be replaced by Russian gas – hence the economic imperative of the new Nord Stream II pipeline which Trump criticised at the NATO summit.

https://www.nrel.gov/docs/fy13osti/51995.pdf

https://www.carboncommentary.com/blog/2017/7/5/hydrogen-made-by-the-electrolysis-of-water-is-now-cost-competitive-and-gives-us-another-building-block-for-the-low-carbon-economy#:~:text=Very%20roughly%2C%20a%20new%20electrolysis,reforming%20is%20around%2065%25%20efficient.
Very roughly, a new electrolysis plant today delivers energy efficiency of around 80%. That is, the energy value of the hydrogen produced is about 80% of the electricity used to split the water molecule. Steam reforming is around 65% efficient.

A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

viczena

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: January 09, 2022, 09:01:29 pm
If you knew just a little bit about H2 storage you would know the problem with H2 and seals. The solution: Take expensive ones , change them often, control every feet of the system with H2 sensors.

And your knowledge about germany is also just superficial google search. We shut down all nuclear energy this year. For example.

Dont always pretend that you know everything, you just cite google links and colour them blue. That gets annoying. It is obviously , that most of the time you know nothing at all about the subject you talk about.

Everybody can do the simple google search by himself. No need for your coloured "help", camouflaged as expertise.
www.enfieldtech.de
Harley CVO EGlide, Boss Hoss 502, BMW 1200 RT, Harley Panhead , Harley Davidson &Marlboro Man Bike BD2, Royal Enfield Trials, KTM EXC 500. And some more.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: January 09, 2022, 09:21:16 pm
Oops, your troll is showing...

" Dont always pretend that you know everything "
I think I'm pretty clear about what I know vs. what I think I know. Only one of us here is pretending to know everything and be irritated because people question his pronouncements. I'm all good to debate, learn & maybe arrive at different conclusions. As far as using 'net references, that's a rapid way to qualify & illustrate the point you are trying to make. Colors make it clearer to differentiate my speculation from other peoples speculation. Pretty standard practice, but we've been over that ground before.

Everyone knows something, and I stand amazed by your study of EFI, you are undeniably very good at it. I spent many years in the power biz so that's why I know something about that. Again, everyone knows something, we need to utilize each others strengths to puzzle through complex issues, maybe even learning something along the way.
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

viczena

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: January 09, 2022, 09:37:09 pm
It seems you think too often that you know. And instead just recite google links.

And pretending (I spent many years in the power biz) makes your arguments just more helpless. What have you done ? Wiped the floor in a coalmine?

You never said that everything blue is just personal speculation. Not facts or reality. Put a reminder with this simple fact under every one of your posts, so no one will be confused.
www.enfieldtech.de
Harley CVO EGlide, Boss Hoss 502, BMW 1200 RT, Harley Panhead , Harley Davidson &Marlboro Man Bike BD2, Royal Enfield Trials, KTM EXC 500. And some more.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #22 on: January 09, 2022, 11:17:58 pm
Got to think of the Swedtards, they seem to know the amount of snowflakes that come down in Germany, possibly how much i "owe" them. There probably is just one language they understand.  :o

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: January 10, 2022, 04:16:39 am
@ #21: You are a riot! We are down to the "No - You're a big dumbhead" stage. You don't know Jack about me, what I've done, where I've been. And it's pointless to tell you anything as you already know all there is to know. A mind like a steel trap - rusted shut.

" You never said that everything blue is just personal speculation. Not facts or reality. Put a reminder with this simple fact under every one of your posts, so no one will be confused. " That's pretty funny itself. I said that "Colors make it clearer to differentiate my speculation from other peoples speculation". By your illiterate logic all my writing would have to be blue. You are really able to wander quite far afield to get meanings twisted enough to fit your assumptions. On this side of the pond you'd make a great 70% GOP voter.

If you actually believe that every word out of your mouth is the sole, unvarnished, immutable truth, that's a personal delusion. Blue is (yet again, sigh...) a literary device to differentiate & attribute quotes. What I say is my opinion, formed from the best info I presently have and any experience I have. Being arrogant, belligerent & combative doesn't add any credibility, it just alienates people. Unlike you, I don't expect anyone to take what I say without verification. That's the real point of references. I find that generally if you are making a point and have some supporting information, the idea gets across better. I don't reload ammunition or repair important hardware new to me without checking a few different references. Trust but Verify...that will take you a long ways.

viczena

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: January 10, 2022, 05:11:45 am
Your verification are outdated goggle posts. You dont even know that Hyundai stopped their H2 engagement. You want to teach me what is going on in germany with age old links. Not even knowing the simplest facts. Merkel and her party are no longer in power. For example. And there is much more you just dont seem to know or understand.

And you yourself suggested that everything in blue is just personal speculation. It really seems so.

www.enfieldtech.de

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #25 on: January 10, 2022, 06:03:41 am
Trust but Verify...that will take you a long ways.

As for me, the verification is my wallet. If someone were  to walk into my pub orders s beer, drinks it and than claims the glas was dirty which is why he expects it for free than he will be thrown out sooner or later. If he comes with a gang of hells angles and threatens the employees the bar closes or the personal walks out.

It's pretty meaninless to fight over an hypothetical H2 infrastructure. Who will reglement it and who will foot the bill? Certainly not me.

richard211

• Grease Monkey
Reply #26 on: January 10, 2022, 08:20:15 am
'' A mind like a steel trap - rusted shut. ''

I have been quietly reading through the topic, but I could not help but burst out laughing. This is pure gold.

viczena

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #27 on: January 10, 2022, 09:38:34 am

It's pretty meaninless to fight over an hypothetical H2 infrastructure. Who will reglement it and who will foot the bill? Certainly not me.

Sounds good. But in germany for example there is another game. The legislation throws money into alternative energies like there is no tomorrow. They lost (overslept) the battle over BEV, so they look for the next field of opportunities: H2. We burry several billions per year for this dead horse. And we have to pay for it. For example with the highest electricity prices in the world (still rising), though everybody talks about free and surplus energy from wind and solar. Our net is on the ridge of collapsing. Alternative energy is not the solution, it is the cause of the problem.
France gets 92% of ther electric power from nuclear. There the price of electricity is just half of that in germany.
www.enfieldtech.de

Willie

• Scooter
Reply #28 on: January 10, 2022, 03:38:35 pm
Since it is highly likely that we here are all Royal Enfield owners, it follows that we are by definition Intelligent, Attractive, Witty, Physically Fit, Friendly, and Courteous.  Therefore, I find it odd that an innocuous topic such as this involving vehicular propulsion and fueling could possibly devolve into a rather embarrassing diatribe of insults, name-calling, and haranguing arguments.  One hopes that prospective RE owners would not tune-in and judge our social, emotional and riding behaviors accordingly.

Although rare these days, it is possible to disagree on any given subject that is not life and death in an agreeable, informative, and tolerant way.  Civil and polite discourse is an indicator of empathy and erudition.  It is just as easy to be nice as it is to be nasty. 

Nice is nicer.  And RE owners are nothing else if not nice!  Right?

Karl Childers

• Ghost in the machine.
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #29 on: January 10, 2022, 04:22:39 pm
Friday night is bean burrito night at casa Childers, not long after we have a surplus of methane gas but have yet to harness it in any useful way.