Author Topic: One Crazy Ride  (Read 2556 times)

58webbing

• Scooter
on: January 30, 2021, 09:10:59 am
The best Bike film I have seen since "On any Sunday" Stunning scenery, perfect filming, great adventure all on Royal Enfields.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=B3PLM2Ju3oU

2019 Royal Enfield Interceptor
2019 Honda CB650R
2020 SurRon Light Bee
2018 Royal Enfield Bullet
2022 Royal Enfield Meteor

9fingers

• Grand Gearhead
  • From the New Hampshire part of New Jersey
Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 12:24:09 pm
I am only about 1/2 thru it but it is fantastic! thanks for posting.
9fingers
Currently own:

2016 Classic Chrome Maroon
2020 Moto Guzzi V7III Special
V Strom 650 ABS Adventure
Beta Rev 3 270
Honda TLR200 custom
Honda TL 250 TMI custom frame
Honda TL 125
Yamaha TY350

Nitrowing

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 01:02:09 pm
The only bike oriented movie I've really enjoyed is 'The World's Fastest Indian'

https://www.imdb.com/title/tt0412080/
No wonder we no longer have a motor industry

Haggis

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: January 30, 2021, 01:13:51 pm
Pretty epic trip, respect to the bikes for making it as well.
Off route, recalculate?

Morgan65

• Grease Monkey
  • USA
Reply #4 on: February 02, 2021, 11:26:44 am
The best Bike film I have seen since "On any Sunday" Stunning scenery, perfect filming, great adventure all on Royal Enfields.

I enjoyed is vid.  Thank you for the link.
REs I currently own:
2007 AVL Bullet Electra Gray
2010 Bullet G5 Deluxe Black
2017 535 GT Continental Red
2018 Himalayan White
2018 Pegasus Green
2024 650 Super Meteor Celestial Blue

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #5 on: February 02, 2021, 07:40:22 pm
That was one hard core Iron Barrel adventure Morgan60! You could really hear those engines thump, reliability was a bit of an issue though...  :o

The footage of HP was priceless! :)
Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

Mad4Bullets

• Grease Monkey
  • 2014 Classic 500
Reply #6 on: February 03, 2021, 12:30:56 am
I thoroughly enjoyed that.  How many of you out there went into troubleshooting mode and took sides when Soggy's kickstart lever jammed? Of course a dropped overhead valve can jam your kickstart lever. ;-)  You wouldn't catch me riding over those suspended bridges. They're certainly a brave lot.

paulflor1970@gmail.com

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: February 16, 2021, 09:16:41 pm
Awesome! Thank you for posting!
i recently completed a 2000 mile/3200KM ride along the coast of California from the Mexico border to Oregon and back through Nevada and Arizona.  It was one of the most rewarding experiences i have ever had.  I would love to do it on my Enfield but unfortunately the traffic speeds are crazy and my RE 500 doesn't like to go too fast.
Enjoy your travels!

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #8 on: February 17, 2021, 05:03:36 am
58Webbing - thanks for posting! What a group, what a ride.
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

axman88

• Grand Gearhead
  • Vintage Motorcycle Fan
Reply #9 on: February 21, 2021, 06:35:13 am

Thanks for the heads up, enjoyed the film, "One Crazy Ride". 

Sad to hear that the film's creator and one of the 5 travelers in the film, Gaurav Jani, left us last spring, far too young. 

https://adventuremotorcycle.com/news/gaurav-jani-adventure-film-maker-passes

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=FVTQwF9VQKk

I see that if one of us wants to have our own "One Crazy Ride", there is a moto tour company, which Guarav helped found, which offers that a trip on that route and also other motorcycle touring experiences in that part of the world.     https://www.rideofmylife.in/about

Frogman8

• Scooter
Reply #10 on: December 23, 2021, 10:15:31 pm
Thanks for sharing this.
Very special for me, as my father was a gunner in the Indian Army and served for years in Arunachalam Pradesh, then called the Northeast Frontier Agency (NEFA). It wasn’t yet a state in the 1960s.
There were hardly any roads back then and they transported their mountain guns on Mules, who were trained to sit at the sound of gunfire so the guns could be assembled.
The Mules also had their own ration of Rum and it was a serious offense to embezzle that.

We visited many of those towns on a farewell trip before we left India, but via the route he sought to avoid. My wife is from Assam. Incredibly beautiful and raw landscape.

Incredibly the over 13 tribes that inhabit the state have completely different languages and very limited contact with each other before the 1940s. Their only common language is Hindi, which was introduced as the National language in the 1950s.

Really brave guy and very tragic that he passed. But have to salute the epic adventures in his short life. He made it count.

2011 G5: The 'new' 'Toofan' Mail. Thunderous name.. pedestrian pace
2008 Iron Barrel: Sold in a moment of madness
2001 Triumph Legend 900
2013 Kawasaki KLX 250, will ride someday
1991 Honda Nighthawk: Sold...Incredibly boring
1982 Honda Magna V45: Hmm
1988 Jawa/ Yezdi 350 twin: Many miles, more stor

Silverback

• Grease Monkey
Reply #11 on: December 24, 2021, 09:39:40 pm
Great video! Sad to hear if his passing.
Never realized india had so much virgin land. Beatuiful landscapes
2011 uce classic 500,  carb converted and trails bars.

Morgan65

• Grease Monkey
  • USA
Reply #12 on: December 25, 2021, 07:52:23 am
Thanks for sharing this.
Very special for me, as my father was a gunner in the Indian Army and served for years in Arunachalam Pradesh, then called the Northeast Frontier Agency (NEFA). It wasn’t yet a state in the 1960s.
There were hardly any roads back then and they transported their mountain guns on Mules, who were trained to sit at the sound of gunfire so the guns could be assembled.
The Mules also had their own ration of Rum and it was a serious offense to embezzle that.

We visited many of those towns on a farewell trip before we left India, but via the route he sought to avoid. My wife is from Assam. Incredibly beautiful and raw landscape.

Incredibly the over 13 tribes that inhabit the state have completely different languages and very limited contact with each other before the 1940s. Their only common language is Hindi, which was introduced as the National language in the 1950s.

Really brave guy and very tragic that he passed. But have to salute the epic adventures in his short life. He made it count.

Some day I’d like to do a guided tour of parts of India on a RE. 
REs I currently own:
2007 AVL Bullet Electra Gray
2010 Bullet G5 Deluxe Black
2017 535 GT Continental Red
2018 Himalayan White
2018 Pegasus Green
2024 650 Super Meteor Celestial Blue

Narada

• Grand Gearhead
  • Riding the Madrass Missile!
Reply #13 on: December 25, 2021, 11:20:58 pm
My friend and I have had two years in a row of pandemic cancelations for 15 day Spiti Valley / Leh Ladakh Himalaya ride.  :P  Hoping third year's the charm!  8)

Realize your Self on a Royal Enfield.

2015 Classic Chrome/Maroon; "Bholenath", Ported head by GHG, AVL Pistons, Hitchcocks H.P. Cams, PC-V, A/T,  Kenda-761's, Koso TNT, Premium EFI Silencer.

2015 Triumph T-100 Orange/Black, TTP Stage-2 induction
2012 Triumph Scrambler / Dauntless M-72D Sidecar.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #14 on: December 26, 2021, 04:44:23 pm
@ #13: Looks like a "go" with a new e-Visa? Good luck & post pics!

https://in.usembassy.gov/covid-19-information/

Entry and Exit Requirements

Are U.S. citizens permitted to enter India? Yes.
Travel to India for tourism and other short-term purposes resumed fully on November 15 for individuals holding tourist or e-tourist visas issued on or after October 6, 2021. Tourist visas issued before October 2021 will not be honored and travelers attempting to enter India using one of these visas are likely to be detained and returned to their point of origin.
Additional categories of travelers including certain business travelers, as well as individuals moving to India as residents, are permitted.
For complete information on travel restrictions and any possible exceptions, please consult the Indian Ministry of Health and Family Welfare regarding their Guidelines for International Arrivals, the Indian Ministry of Home Affairs, and theMinistry of Civil Aviation. The U.S. embassy strongly urges any U.S. citizen considering travel to India to carefully review the information available from the Government of India. Please note these regulations are subject to change with little notice. The U.S. embassy’s ability to intervene on behalf of travelers denied entry into India is extremely limited, and travelers denied entry at Indian ports of entry will likely be immediately reboarded and returned on flights back to the United States.
Is a negative COVID-19 test (PCR and/or serology) required for entry? Yes, as of February 22, 2021, all international travelers arriving in India, regardless of vaccination status, must upload a negative RT-PCR report to the Air Suvidha portal taken within 72 hours of the start of their journey.  Additional testing on entry/quarantine may apply depending on nationality or country of embarkment/transit.
All international passengers must visit in/airsuvidha/allairportsand submit a self-declaration form at least 72 hours prior to departure for India. Travelers who are fully vaccinated and wish to partake of quarantine relaxations must also upload a copy of their vaccine certificate to the Air Suvidha Portal.
Are health screening procedures in place at airports and other ports of entry? Yes, the type of screening depends upon where the traveler is coming from and/or transiting through and their vaccination status.
All travelers, regardless of point of origin, will undergo thermal screening upon arrival. Symptomatic travelers will be isolated and re-tested.
Travelers coming from or transiting through locations listed as “Countries At-Risk”will be retested upon arrival and not permitted to depart the airport or proceed to connecting flights until a negative test result is returned. Travelers opting to use the Rapid test will be charged 3500 INR and can expect to wait up to 1.5 hours after landing to depart the airport.  Travelers opting to use a PCR test will be charged 500 INR and can expect to wait up to 5 hours after landing to depart the airport.  Travelers with negative tests will be required to home quarantine for seven (7) days, retest on the eighth day, and continue to self-monitor for an additional seven (7) days.  Travelers who test positive will be held in stringent isolation.
The list of “Countries At-Risk” is updated regularly. Travelers should confirm the status of the country they are traveling from/transiting through prior to travel.
Travelers from all other countries, regardless of vaccination status, will generally be permitted to depart the airport without further screening and shall self-monitor their health for 14 days post arrival. However, 2% of all travelers from countries not listed as “At-Risk” will be selected for testing upon arrival.
The Indian Ministry of Home Affairs extendedregular visas and e-visas of foreign nationals stranded in India because of COVID-19 until September 30 without penalty. Travelers were not fined an overstay penalty upon departure if done by September 30.  Citizens who did not depart by September 30th are now subject to fines and other penalties. Contact the Foreign Resident Registration Office (FRRO) well before any planned departure to pay related fines and obtain appropriate exit permission (https://indianfrro.gov.in/eservices/home.jsp).
Movement Restrictions

Is a curfew in place? Yes, in some states and localities.
Are there restrictions on intercity or interstate travel? Yes, some states require either proof of COVID-19 vaccination or a current negative test result and/or testing on arrival if entering from other Indian states. Additional quarantine may be required dependent on state of origin.
Quarantine Information

Are U.S. citizens required to quarantine? Yes, U.S. citizens traveling from or transiting through “Countries At-Risk” will have to home quarantine at least seven (7) days if they test negative upon arrival. Any U.S. citizen who tests positive for COVID-19 upon arrival or who presents a fever during thermal screening will be subject to institutional quarantine.
Some states require testing on arrival and/or quarantine for all individuals arriving from outside their borders.
Transportation Options

Are commercial flights operating? Yes, within India. A reduced number of international flight options are available.  Airlines may have strict policies regarding who can book / board these flights based on Indian government restrictions.  Please check flight availability with airlines or with travel agents/sites.  If your first choice of travel dates is not available, please continue to search for availability.  In general, the U.S. Embassy and Consulates may not assist you with booking commercially available flights.  States may have additional testing and/or quarantine requirements.
Is public transportation operating? Yes, though hours of operation vary throughout India depending on regional COVID-19 measures. Please follow local media for measures in your area and verify with official Government of India sources.
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.