Author Topic: What did you do on your non Royal Enfield motorcycle today?  (Read 282714 times)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1005 on: October 06, 2019, 04:16:20 am
Got my dr250 supermoto build with gs500 wheels and brakes done.

That's a cool little supermoto you built there!  Very cool idea to source the GS wheels.
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #1006 on: October 06, 2019, 09:38:56 am
Welcome back, Scottie!  What's the deal here, you come back and visit every time the forum changes hosts?  :D

That Triumph is badass!

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #1007 on: October 06, 2019, 09:59:18 am
That's a cool little supermoto you built there!  Very cool idea to source the GS wheels.

Thanks mate. It's fun and cheap.  Congrats on the triumph,  and for giving the ktm a miss. The Striple will be a lot of fun and reliable too.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #1008 on: October 06, 2019, 01:47:02 pm
WEEELLLLL HEELLLLOOOO EVERYONE!!!!!!!    :D

So.  I've always talked shit about Harleys.  But, I decided to give them a go and bought that 2001 Road King custom.  I came to the conclusion that it is a decent touring bike.  It really do a good job on my 2250 mile trip back in June.  But, overall impression, it's just driving a 2 wheel tractor with a bunch of cargo storage.  If you want to go far and haul some sh*t, it will get the job done.  But, trying to whip that thing around in rush hour traffic was the equivalent to bringing a Clydesdale to a steeple chase race.  Basically coming to the conclusion they actually are big piles of crap, and was pretty over it.

Hey! Welcome back.

I had the feeling from the very beginning that you were never really a harley person. And that's OK.

To be a harley person you have to be the type who loves them for exactly the same reasons the people who say they hate them, hate them. Some have no reason; they just hate them.

Disclaimer: I lost respect for the HDMC in the late '70s for reasons way too numerous. I have found it unnecessary to care about ANY NEW (or stock) harleys since then. The "factory customs"? - Bullshit!

The HDMC went sort of insane (to me) in the '80s and '90s. Then WAY too many were sold to people as their first bike and that really did a job on harleys. Idiots bought harleys and either killed themselves or trashed them for reasons that had nothing to do with the bike. And a lot of other reasons, of course.     

I still think they are great bikes for what they're made for. They were never meant to be ANYTHING other than what they are and that's been true since '03. 

I wish you had got one you liked better, but that's the way it goes, right?.

« Last Edit: October 06, 2019, 01:56:32 pm by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #1009 on: October 06, 2019, 02:24:40 pm
Welcome back, Scotty!  ;D
Oddly, I was thinking about ya the other day and wondering what your next adventure would be.
Nice Triple! Glad you zeroed in in it. Keep us up to date on your Blackhawk, ok?
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1010 on: October 06, 2019, 02:51:39 pm
TooSeeVee:  I can't really trash them, as much as I'd like to.  Truth is, I'm still a true enthusiast at heart and can appreciate the Road King for what it is.  A lot of it is too, that "riding" with my Harley "friends" I discovered that they don't really want to ride.  They just want to bar hop and get wasted.  Which totally hasn't been me for almost 8 years.Again, great touring bikes, but I want to drag knees in the mountains.

Helo: I was actually thinking about you the other day too!  When are you coming back to Aurora?  I'd love to get together with you again sometime.

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #1011 on: October 06, 2019, 04:44:31 pm
I won't be coming back to Aurora for AT LEAST the next 6-7 months. After pushing through and enduring that May snow storm a few years ago I learned my lesson about riding up there in May or September! Growing up in Montana you'd think I knew better!  ::)
In any case, my current project for a friend will keep me busy this fall/winter, then it's my Electra's turn for some changes and TLC.
After that? Only the Shadow knows.  ;)
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1012 on: November 09, 2019, 01:48:37 pm
So, I've had the Street Triple for about a month now.  So far I've installed a JT 15 tooth front sprocket, MZS shorty adjustable levers, Two Brothers S!R slip on exhaust, and installed a Competition Werkes integrated taillight and fender eliminator.  The other night I finally tapped into the ECU with TuneECU and uploaded a new map.  The bike really screams now and is even funner to ride.  Good Times!!!

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1013 on: November 09, 2019, 01:53:10 pm
Here's pic of what it looks like now.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #1014 on: November 09, 2019, 05:35:18 pm

Time to change your "signature," chum!!

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #1015 on: November 11, 2019, 09:04:11 pm

A nice bike although I'm not so much into gray colours.    :P
« Last Edit: November 26, 2019, 12:04:04 pm by derottone »

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1016 on: November 21, 2019, 02:57:20 pm
Unfortunately, I lowsided the Triple last week.  Was pulling into a park on my lunch break where the entrance immediately turns left, a car was pulling out in the
middle of the entrance.  As, I went around the back of the car, I hit a huge patch of 1/4" deep salt.  Went down quicker than a Colfax Whore!  (Sorry.  A little
Denver inside joke.  ;D )  Luckily the bar end slider and rear spool took the blunt of it.  No actual body damage, but left engine cover got it bad.  So, the other day
I smoothed it out a Scotch Roloc disc and hit the outer face of the cover with some VHT Epoxy Satin Black.  Came out really good for a 25 minute parking lot job.

So, I've always had the philosophy to never hoon, weave, wheelie or rip at 140mph through traffic, and to always ride responsibly in the eye of the public.
But, if no cars are around and no-one is looking....  Have fun!  Just be careful.

For whatever reason, the 675 Street Triple is incredibly hard to wheelie.  You can pickup the front tire easy enough, but it's always ended there.
Well, between the 15 tooth front and the fresh tune finally being learned, the bike seriously rips hard now.  The other night when I was coming home on a quiet
side street and decided to pop the clutch at about 20mph.  Stood her straight up and down on the back tire and rode her out for about 200'.  Glad I finally got
that out of my system.   ;D

About 900 miles on her since I picked her up last month, and that included being on vacation for 5 days and several snow days.  And I finally named her...  Tina Triple.

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1017 on: November 21, 2019, 02:59:12 pm
Here is a pic of the repair.  Slight run in the top.  But all in all not bad.

mattsz

• Grand Gearhead
  • moto-gurdyist
Reply #1018 on: November 21, 2019, 03:53:59 pm
So, I've always had the philosophy to...  always ride responsibly in the eye of the public.

Mmm-hmm.  So you say:

https://youtu.be/Pc6pgxNGZQ4

Here is a pic of the repair.  Slight run in the top.  But all in all not bad.

Bummer about the spill - but sounds like nothing too serious  The repair looks good, I doubt anyone who wasn't looking for it would notice!  I might even have left it - battle scars are cool...  8)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1019 on: November 21, 2019, 05:26:01 pm
Mmm-hmm.  So you say:

https://youtu.be/Pc6pgxNGZQ4

Bummer about the spill - but sounds like nothing too serious  The repair looks good, I doubt anyone who wasn't looking for it would notice!  I might even have left it - battle scars are cool...  8)

Funny you post that video.  I've been contemplating installing some TKC80's on the Triumph for the winter.  ;)  And thanks!