Author Topic: What did you do on your non Royal Enfield motorcycle today?  (Read 282714 times)

Scotty Brown

• Grand Gearhead
  • Scotty Brown
Reply #870 on: February 01, 2018, 02:47:23 am
Had the rusty and pitted engine guards powder-coated in a krinkel black and went for a 75 mile ride -- This K is a wonder and the smoothest I have ever ridden.  Cruise at 80 all day long on the freeways and carves the corners in the twisties with aplomb.  However for pure pleasure the Enfield is still #1--

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #871 on: February 01, 2018, 12:59:31 pm
Had the rusty and pitted engine guards powder-coated in a krinkel black and went for a 75 mile ride -- This K is a wonder and the smoothest I have ever ridden.  Cruise at 80 all day long on the freeways and carves the corners in the twisties with aplomb.  However for pure pleasure the Enfield is still #1--     

It's a BMW, Scotty? The absence of logos and ads plastered all over it has me asking.

RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #872 on: February 01, 2018, 01:52:52 pm
Coming soon - my 1983 R80RT. It has more stickers!
ACE Motors - sales & administration

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #873 on: February 16, 2018, 04:44:34 am
Today I collected my old Ducati Pantah from the electrician's. It's been in for an alternator rewind and it's the first time in 34 years it's been to the electrician. Of course there've been a few electrical gremlins here and there but nothing that couldn't be resolved at home. Here's to another 34 years.
Now just need to do timing belts, brake pads and clutch plates. New chain (but not sprockets). A front tyre perhaps. Then maybe have the exhaust rebuilt....It never ends.

Here it is, resting in the shade before it goes on the school pickup run :)
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 04:51:13 am by gizzo »
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Bill Harris

• Trail Rider
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #874 on: February 16, 2018, 05:31:52 am
Brought  my 1974 Suzuki RL-250 back to life after a 40 year + sleep.  Hope to do a little vintage trials riding this year with AHRMA.  Hope I remember how after all these years!

Cheers,
Bill
« Last Edit: February 16, 2018, 05:55:09 am by Bill Harris »

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #875 on: February 16, 2018, 05:42:01 am
Sweet!  That's beautiful.  I'm looking for a TS125.
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #876 on: February 17, 2018, 01:30:01 pm
Brought  my 1974 Suzuki RL-250 back to life after a 40 year + sleep.  Hope to do a little vintage trials riding this year with AHRMA.  Hope I remember how after all these years!

Cheers,
Bill

Very nice. Looks more useful than Suzuki’s other 125, the Stinger.
ACE Motors - sales & administration

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
  • Rebelling Against The Rebels
Reply #877 on: March 18, 2018, 12:49:34 am
Took the wife's Wave 110 in for it's 6,000 km warranty checkup.  It's only got just under 2,100 km on the clock but they insist on a three month checkup nonetheless.  I'm OK with that, her other bike's been trouble free with the same treatment.  That engine should about last forever with that frequent of an oil change.  :-D

Then finally got around to swapping out the front footpeg bar on the old Biz 100.  It got bent a few years ago when a guy fell off the roof at the parking lot right onto her bike.  No insurance so no $$$ for repairs was forthcoming.  She did, however, change the place she parks and now has folks who appreciate her business and take care of her.  Anyway, ever since then the right footpeg was cockeyed and felt weird.  It finally got to me and I sprang the $25 or so for the new bar.  Pulled off the old one, put on the new one, swapped the kickstand from one to the other and the rubber tips also.  Now she feels like she's supposed to.

These little bikes are a hoot around town.  Just have to remember that all four speeds are down.  Semi-auto clutch built into the foot shifter so the drill is WOT , rock accelerator forward while stepping down on the front of the shifter, WOT again. They are surprisingly quick on a level or downhill.  Uphill? Not so much.  There's a noticeable difference between the 100 cc and 110 cc engines.  Don't know what they changed in the past 12 years other than the displacement, but the little 110 has more pep.
Paul

2015 Royal Enfield Rumbler 500

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #878 on: March 18, 2018, 10:00:18 am
Just got back from a 2500km tour of Victorian/NSW high country on my TRX850 cafe racer.  Ran like a champ all week.  A mate had a stator fail on his V Storm so we swapped batteries the rest of the week and made it home.  VStrom flattened batteries,  TReX charged them back up again.  Got about 80 min run time from a charge.  Good fun. Here's a pic of the Rex at an old filling station. I took the same photo a couple years ago of the Enfield
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Scotty Brown

• Grand Gearhead
  • Scotty Brown
Reply #879 on: April 06, 2018, 02:33:58 am
Nice spring morning so decided to take a little ride on my flying brick.  When I returned home I found that I had ridden 208 miles.  Not too bad for an old man---sure like that bike-- The Enfield gets exercised too but not to that extent. 

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
  • Rebelling Against The Rebels
Reply #880 on: April 06, 2018, 03:04:26 am
It's the weekly "No Ride" day for the Rumbler so hopped on the spare Biz100 for a quick jaunt to town to run some errands that needed running, then back to town in the afternoon for a doctor's appointment.  It's a gutless wonder, but a blast to run around town on.  Quick and nimble in handling, but a real dog in acceleration.  My wife was riding her Wave 110 and running away from me without even trying.  Of course, she's just over half my weight and and has a couple more ponies in the engine than the bike I was on, but it was a fun ride anyway.  Just have to remember - all gears are down for up and up for down.  Managed to not mess it up today!
Paul

2015 Royal Enfield Rumbler 500

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #881 on: May 07, 2018, 08:41:17 pm
Got the GPz 500s back on the road. It's still quick ;)

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #882 on: May 20, 2018, 08:39:29 pm
Well, I sold the YZ this morning!  My co-worker traded in his custom 2001 Road King last week for an Electra Glide.  So sold the YZ for a down payment on the Road King.  Out test riding it today, and so far really enjoying it.  Will find out tomorrow if I get approved for the financing.
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

ROVERMAN

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #883 on: May 21, 2018, 07:39:04 pm
I watched the rain and wind this past weekend. :-[ :-[ :-[

longstrokeclassic

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #884 on: May 22, 2018, 04:49:02 pm
Yesterday I adjusted the rear chain on my water cooled T120 without having to remove both the silencers 8)
Never underestimate the value of improved combustion efficiency and reducing parasitic engine and rolling chassis losses.