Author Topic: Best small tinted flyscreen and black side panel bag ?  (Read 1420 times)

Racer57

• Grease Monkey
on: February 02, 2023, 04:08:57 am
Lots of choices for both, but hard to tell which is best quality. Hitchcock is out of bags.
What do you like ?

James.

• Grand Gearhead
  • Independent.
Reply #1 on: February 02, 2023, 07:43:50 am
Lots of choices for both, but hard to tell which is best quality. Hitchcock is out of bags.
What do you like ?
I think it comes down to looks more than quality as they are all mostly acrylic.I had the puig short one and the quality was fine but I removed it after my upper half and head were taking a battering at 60mph +
Freedom.

Karl Steel

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: February 02, 2023, 09:08:41 am
What do you like ?
Flyscreen - Dart Piranha or Enfield Small. Dart looks better from the side and is easier to mount, you can also use alternative lamp holders. For RE Flyscreen you must use RE lamp holder. RE is heavier, but cheaper (if you buy directly from India via Ebay)
« Last Edit: February 02, 2023, 09:13:56 am by Karl Steel »

Racer57

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: February 02, 2023, 05:45:53 pm
Only reason I want a flyscreen is to keep bugs and dirt from getting on gauges backside and being a nightmare keeping them clean.

Karl Steel

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: February 02, 2023, 05:50:47 pm
Only reason I want a flyscreen is to keep bugs and dirt from getting on gauges backside and being a nightmare keeping them clean.
Depending on your physiology and your seat poition it may route all the flys that land normally on your gauges onto yout teeth. Better choice?

On the Conti with lowered bars the (taller) screen works really god.

Racer57

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5 on: February 02, 2023, 07:14:23 pm
Depending on your physiology and your seat poition it may route all the flys that land normally on your gauges onto yout teeth. Better choice?

Protein is good for ya !  :D 

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #6 on: February 02, 2023, 07:52:45 pm
If that is the case ... upside down helmet face shield.
Back in the dark ages, I fab'd an arched metal band and installed "snap buttons" to match the ones on my helmets. Then I could carry my dark shield, as a bug shield, after dark and visa versa. Very handy. Plus in a parking lot you could tell who was just a nag. ;)
Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT, '14 Honda CB1000-R

iblastoff

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: February 04, 2023, 10:44:24 pm

depends on whether you're silly enough to wear a 3/4 helmet  :P

lucky phil

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: February 05, 2023, 12:38:44 am
Best tinted flyscreen? Not sure but I have the RE one and it seems ok. Best side panel bag? The one still sitting on the shelf at the shop. Best place for them.

Phil
Ducati1198
Guzzi V11 Sport/Daytona
GSXR1000
Ducati 1000DS Supersport
RE Interceptor

Racer57

• Grease Monkey
Reply #9 on: February 05, 2023, 03:58:42 am
Best tinted flyscreen? Not sure but I have the RE one and it seems ok. Best side panel bag? The one still sitting on the shelf at the shop. Best place for them.

Phil

I'll be using the bag for various business paper work to accountant etc. when I want to deliver something local that I don't want to wait on snail mail to deliver.  Btw, I sent you a pm, but not sure you got it. I bought the Verex pipes that you recommended and LOVE the sound and quality !!  Thanks for the suggestion !

lucky phil

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: February 05, 2023, 04:37:20 am
I'll be using the bag for various business paper work to accountant etc. when I want to deliver something local that I don't want to wait on snail mail to deliver.  Btw, I sent you a pm, but not sure you got it. I bought the Verex pipes that you recommended and LOVE the sound and quality !!  Thanks for the suggestion !

Ahh, ok that's what your PM was about. Glad the pipes lived up to expectations.

Phil
Ducati1198
Guzzi V11 Sport/Daytona
GSXR1000
Ducati 1000DS Supersport
RE Interceptor

Uncle Mutt

• Uncle Mutt
  • Scooter
  • New to the site, but not new to the brand.
Reply #11 on: February 05, 2023, 07:04:55 am
I purchased bags from Hepco Becker (black). The mounts are specifically designed for the Int650 and Continental and bolt right on. Great product.
L. M. HIGGINS
I've recently purchased a 2022 Int650 and have been modifying it to make it my own. If I can figure out how to turn the  photo right way up, I'd be proud to show it off. My main goal was to trim weight and at this point, I've dropped about 45 lbs, mostly from the exhaust system.

Ton1959

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: February 05, 2023, 07:25:46 pm

Phil
That is the best place for them.

RecoilRob

• Grease Monkey
Reply #13 on: February 09, 2023, 04:08:39 pm
The Dart Marlin flyscreen is their largest and most effective version and I was surprised at how much pressure it takes off of the chest at speed.   

Racer57

• Grease Monkey
Reply #14 on: February 10, 2023, 04:17:26 am
I bought the Dart small flyscreen.