Author Topic: Leg cramps! (mostly for the old guys)  (Read 9394 times)

Brian10x

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: January 27, 2023, 01:29:01 am
I do not avoid women, I deny them my essence. 

A sure cure for leg cramps.
The road to redemption is paved by dried bodily fluids.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #16 on: January 27, 2023, 04:14:19 am
...operators are standing by...

https://order.store.mayoclinic.com/books/gnweb44?utm_source=MC-DotOrg-PS&utm_medium=Link&utm_campaign=HomeRemedies-Book&utm_content=HOM&_ga=2.9497397.1401976210.1674792461-801359217.1674792461

Mayo Clinic Book of Home Remedies
List Price: $29.95
Sale Price: $24.95 (+ S&H and applicable sales tax)
Order now with confidence knowing that our 30-day money back guarantee assures you risk nothing. Also, as our way of saying thanks, you will receive a free downloadable copy of Complementary & Alternative Medicine and Your Health.YOUR COMPLIMENTARY FREE GIFT...

...but wait, there's more...Order today and you'll also receive this downloadable bonus gift — Complementary & Alternative Medicine and Your Health. This helpful Mayo Clinic guide brings you honest answers about some of the complementary and alternative healing techniques you've been hearing so much about lately.
In this guide you will learn:
Popular treatment options and their pros and cons
Several hands-on therapies
The meaning of mind-body medicine
And more!
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Brian10x

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: January 27, 2023, 01:31:42 pm
I'm waiting for the free Ginzu knives.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: January 27, 2023, 03:31:45 pm
It slices, it dices! ;)

Get a set of these scabbards for your Ninja or Katana, a sure way to "cut" thru that afternoon Tucson traffic.

I can't help but think what a 6 hour flight to Hawaii would end up like equipped with seat scabbards. Maybe bring your wakizashi...
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Brian10x

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: January 27, 2023, 03:50:21 pm
Good advice, but I like guns. I like guns a lot.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: January 27, 2023, 04:24:39 pm
I like firearms too. However, with the current avalanche of nutball mass shootings, it's likely that we'll see minimum age limits and mandatory CCW-like training combined with an MMPI psych evaluation and subsequent 5-year re-evaluations, like drivers licenses. The "laissez faire self-policing" strategy doesn't seem to be working. I'm getting tired of school & grocery-store shootouts because some idiot thought he'd "bin dun rong" or decided to personally enforce some random thoughts regarding skin color/political affiliation/religion/???. I'd like to see every Congressman be screened via the MMPI and the results openly published, that would be very interesting. Switzerland has high levels of gun ownership but low levels of gun-totin' crazy. Let's screen out some of the crazy up front and make public places somewhere you'd voluntarily want to spend some time. I'm OK with less total crazy.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Multiphasic_Personality_Inventory

him a layin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: January 27, 2023, 04:30:11 pm
i don't ordinarily talk about the Liberal Gun Club, but i've been a member for, i dunno, 15 or 20 years. https://theliberalgunclub.com/phpBB3/

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: January 27, 2023, 04:34:18 pm
There you are - you don't have to be a conspiracy theorist to enjoy hunting & shooting. Guns are tools, not a lifestyle.

Brian10x

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #23 on: January 27, 2023, 05:44:02 pm
I like firearms too. However, with the current avalanche of nutball mass shootings, it's likely that we'll see minimum age limits and mandatory CCW-like training combined with an MMPI psych evaluation and subsequent 5-year re-evaluations, like drivers licenses. The "laissez faire self-policing" strategy doesn't seem to be working. I'm getting tired of school & grocery-store shootouts because some idiot thought he'd "bin dun rong" or decided to personally enforce some random thoughts regarding skin color/political affiliation/religion/???. I'd like to see every Congressman be screened via the MMPI and the results openly published, that would be very interesting. Switzerland has high levels of gun ownership but low levels of gun-totin' crazy. Let's screen out some of the crazy up front and make public places somewhere you'd voluntarily want to spend some time. I'm OK with less total crazy.

My opinion has always been, guns are good, people are bad.  I've always been concerned with balancing the freedom that I love, and somehow finding a way to keep bad people from having guns WITHOUT losing my freedoms. Its a conundrum.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Minnesota_Multiphasic_Personality_Inventory

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: January 27, 2023, 06:42:50 pm
How exactly does being required to have a drivers license impact your freedom? Is it a bad thing that folks that can't pass the DMV test are on the bus instead of wandering around blind, uninsured & untrained on the street behind 4,000 pounds of iron propelled by 300 HP?

Brian10x

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: January 27, 2023, 06:59:28 pm
How exactly does being required to have a drivers license impact your freedom? Is it a bad thing that folks that can't pass the DMV test are on the bus instead of wandering around blind, uninsured & untrained on the street behind 4,000 pounds of iron propelled by 300 HP?

Driving a car is a privilege, owning a gun is a right. Thats my take on the whole licence thing. I should not need a permission slip or licence to exercise a right.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #26 on: January 27, 2023, 06:59:57 pm

Apparently, successful entrepreneurs such as Musk are capable to figure weather the candidate for the brake design is capable of such task even if the candidate doesn't have any school certificates.

The only issue is the totally incapable have higher needs in terms of income.   ;)
« Last Edit: January 27, 2023, 07:43:55 pm by derottone »

Leofric

• Grand Gearhead
  • UK
Reply #27 on: January 27, 2023, 08:00:08 pm
Driving a car is a privilege, owning a gun is a right. Thats my take on the whole licence thing. I should not need a permission slip or licence to exercise a right.
If everybody here was allowed to have a gun it would be gunfight at the OK Coral every Saturday night !

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: January 27, 2023, 08:04:15 pm

It is only a right in the US. Even then it is not unconditional otherwise there would be 5 year olds wandering about with RPGs.

Brian10x

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #29 on: January 27, 2023, 08:27:02 pm
If everybody here was allowed to have a gun it would be gunfight at the OK Coral every Saturday night !

Actually, the alley beside the corral. But we are lied to all our lives, right?

Don't get me started about the Tombstone incident being the result of gun control. Enforced by the "good guys" . There were no white hats in the old West.

But I digress...