Author Topic: Yellow stickers on clocks  (Read 6263 times)

JessHerbst

• Grand Gearhead
on: January 19, 2023, 09:18:54 pm
 I have read countless posts on curing gauge fog by removing the ‘Yellow Stickers” from the back/bottom of the gauge cluster.
 Last year I completed disassembly my gauges to replace the face with custom gauge faces. I did not remember seeing any ‘Yellow Stickers’ and every time I read another post praising their removal it bugs me.
 I was working on another project that required removing my faring so I thought why not investigate the sticker thing while I’m at it.
 I unbolted the gauges and look at back & bottom and find no stickers other than product bar codes. See attached photos.
 What am I missing?
2022 Rocker Red Continental GT650

dav

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: January 19, 2023, 10:20:23 pm
Same here Jess, ive looked and looked and looked a little abit more and still cant find these bloody little yellow stickers, so i just gave up.

JessHerbst

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: January 19, 2023, 10:25:58 pm
 So that leads me to this question: did they change the design? I have never had any fogging issues, even with a pretty wet fall.
 Mine is a 2022 model, bought in September of 2021.
 Anyone have photos of the stickers?

hammer

• Bulleteer
Reply #3 on: January 19, 2023, 10:36:06 pm
 My 2020 Interceptor = no yellow stickers, no fogging.

lucky phil

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: January 19, 2023, 10:40:19 pm
I have read countless posts on curing gauge fog by removing the ‘Yellow Stickers” from the back/bottom of the gauge cluster.
 Last year I completed disassembly my gauges to replace the face with custom gauge faces. I did not remember seeing any ‘Yellow Stickers’ and every time I read another post praising their removal it bugs me.
 I was working on another project that required removing my faring so I thought why not investigate the sticker thing while I’m at it.
 I unbolted the gauges and look at back & bottom and find no stickers other than product bar codes. See attached photos.
 What am I missing?

Yours have been removed. What build date is yours?

Phil
Ducati1198
Guzzi V11 Sport/Daytona
GSXR1000
Ducati 1000DS Supersport
RE Interceptor

JessHerbst

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: January 19, 2023, 10:48:58 pm
Yours have been removed. What build date is yours?

Phil
Jan 2022
 I am the first and only owner and did not remove any stickers, it came from factory this way.
 Can you tell me where they would have been? There are no open holes anywhere that they would have covered, just indentions for the screws.
« Last Edit: January 19, 2023, 10:51:41 pm by JessHerbst »

lucky phil

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: January 19, 2023, 10:59:20 pm
Jan 2022
 I am the first and only owner and did not remove any stickers, it came from factory this way.
 Can you tell me where they would have been? There are no open holes anywhere that they would have covered, just indentions for the screws.

Normally the outboard holes at 9 oclock and 3 oclock on the speedo.
Maybe the factory got the message OR the dealer got sick of complaints and removed them on the PD.
Your bike is 9 months younger than mine and mine had them.

Phil
Ducati1198
Guzzi V11 Sport/Daytona
GSXR1000
Ducati 1000DS Supersport
RE Interceptor

JessHerbst

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7 on: January 19, 2023, 11:30:48 pm
Normally the outboard holes at 9 oclock and 3 oclock on the speedo.
Maybe the factory got the message OR the dealer got sick of complaints and removed them on the PD.
Your bike is 9 months younger than mine and mine had them.

Phil
Doubt the dealer removed them. Bike was delivered (to dealer)in its crate on a Friday morning and I took it home Saturday afternoon.

Intybe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: January 20, 2023, 05:17:06 am
The misting doesn't bother me too much as it only seems to come with blue skies and dissappears after a few minutes riding, so mine are still in place, intact.

Build is 8/2020.

Ps, I've heard that bikes coming out of the Chennai factory are a bit rough, reflecting poor assembly practices and quality control, compared to the Kanchipuram factory, where workers are more dedicated and treat their job like like a spiritual calling.  I was so relieved to find mine was assembled by the blessed hands of Kanchipuram Brahmans... Hence the yellow dots.   
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 05:23:17 am by Intybe »

lucky phil

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: January 20, 2023, 05:57:34 am
The misting doesn't bother me too much as it only seems to come with blue skies and dissappears after a few minutes riding, so mine are still in place, intact.

Build is 8/2020.

Ps, I've heard that bikes coming out of the Chennai factory are a bit rough, reflecting poor assembly practices and quality control, compared to the Kanchipuram factory, where workers are more dedicated and treat their job like like a spiritual calling.  I was so relieved to find mine was assembled by the blessed hands of Kanchipuram Brahmans... Hence the yellow dots.

How did you establish your build location?

Phil
Ducati1198
Guzzi V11 Sport/Daytona
GSXR1000
Ducati 1000DS Supersport
RE Interceptor

Intybe

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: January 20, 2023, 06:02:41 am
How did you establish your build location?

Phil

VIN letter K for Kanchipuram, seven from the right. (C for Chennai on the faulty bikes)

lucky phil

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: January 20, 2023, 06:53:43 am
VIN letter K for Kanchipuram, seven from the right. (C for Chennai on the faulty bikes)

Ok thanks. I'll check mine.
EDIT....winner, winner, chicken dinner, mines a K bike (quality one) Apparently the "K" bikes are reserved for the "commonwealth" countries and the shitty "C" bikes for the rest of the world. By Royal decree apparently.

Phil
« Last Edit: January 20, 2023, 07:00:05 am by lucky phil »
Ducati1198
Guzzi V11 Sport/Daytona
GSXR1000
Ducati 1000DS Supersport
RE Interceptor

fireypete

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: January 20, 2023, 08:44:39 am
Yes, mine has a K.  K for Kwality. Now as a useless side storey. There was an Indian restaurant down here in Frankston, called Kwality Indian.  It went bust......

Alan F.

• Grease Monkey
  • We remember the Night Rider, & we know who You are
Reply #13 on: January 20, 2023, 08:52:25 am
I've got a K- bike as well, mine had the yellow stickers and condensation until I removed the stickers.
North of Boston, MA - 2020 Orange Crush INT650

CPJS

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: January 20, 2023, 09:06:45 am
Can you hear that?......................................
Thats 20,000 people getting their reg docs out.
There you go, this explains all the ills, Yellow dots, relays, poor welds, wobbly front ends, spark plugs etc.
Current bikes.
R E GT650
BMW R1200GS
KTM 250 EXC-F
BSA B25SS

Learn to spell! There's a big difference between knowing your shit and knowing you're shit.