Author Topic: The latest Covid variant news  (Read 3296 times)

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #30 on: January 17, 2023, 10:44:46 am
I would need to be first on the government payroll to help you with the climate.  ;)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #31 on: January 17, 2023, 03:20:39 pm
" For that you have legislative, executive and judicial. More than that usually your economic reality restrains you. "

Certainly true enough. One real issue is lobbyist influence on the rule makers. That has to stop. Otherwise we just end up with another set of 1200 ADish industry financed Eurospec "Kings 'n Queens"running the show, wealthy beyond measure, disconnected from the survival needs of the group, with the outsized influence to boot. Except this time there's nowhere to colonize to so it's all on the eternal "4 Horsemen" to balance things out.
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: January 17, 2023, 06:58:07 pm
And in that dark (money) vein....
https://www.washingtonpost.com/climate-environment/2023/01/17/ohio-natural-gas-green-energy/
How dark money groups led Ohio to redefine gas as ‘green energy’
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: January 17, 2023, 10:09:49 pm
@ #24: "don't get me started on his supporters, who are just as reprehensible as him. some of them are surely acting out of ignorance, but by this point it's wilful. "
Right you are Brother. If you have eyes in your head you can see it happening all around you.

https://www.nbcnews.com/news/us-news/solomon-pen-new-mexico-gop-candidate-visited-homes-democratic-politici-rcna66092

A failed New Mexico state House candidate visited the homes of local Democratic leaders to vehemently dispute his election loss weeks before he allegedly orchestrated a series of shootings at the residences, elected officials said.
Republican Solomon Pena is accused of conspiring with and paying four men to carry out four shootings at Albuquerque-area homes of two Bernalillo County commissioners and two state legislators, Albuquerque police said.
No one was hurt in the shootings.
Police announced his arrest Monday evening.
“Pena came to my house right after the (November) election. He was sort of erratic in the points he was trying to make about the election, and about how many doors he knocked on and how the number of votes didn’t match,” ​​Bernalillo County Commissioner Adriann Barboa said in a phone interview with NBC News.
Barboa said she called police after the incident.
“He was at my door, and he was aggressive. He was an election denier,” said Barboa, who had eight shots fired at her home on Dec. 4, the first in the series of shootings that targeted local and state Democrats.
Former County Commissioner Debbie O’Malley shared a similar experience with Pena, an avowed supporter of President Donald Trump and election denier, around the same time after he first visited her former home before tracking her down at her current address.
“This guy came to my home. I was very concerned about it and it was very unsettling. He was angry about losing the election,” she said. “He felt the election was unfair and untrue.”
While he did not threaten her during the November encounter, she did call authorities, and deputies patrolled her house for a few days.
But weeks later — on Dec. 11 — her home was struck with 12 bullets while she and her husband slept, police have said.
He "could have killed us," O’Malley has said.
Police found two handguns in a Nissan Maxima owned by Pena during a Jan. 3 traffic stop. One of the guns appeared to have fired shots outside the home of state Sen. Linda Lopez roughly 40 minutes before and 4 miles away, police said in a statement. A shell casing found in the Maxima matched those found outside the home of new state House Speaker Javier Martinez on Dec. 8, police said.
Police said Pena might have been motivated by anger over his November loss. Police spokesperson Gilbert Gallegos said at a news conference early Monday evening that Pena claimed his defeat was the result of election fraud.
There is no evidence to support his claims.
Pena lost his state House challenge to incumbent Democrat Miguel P. Garcia by 5,679 to 2,033, or 74% to 26%.
Pena claimed the election was rigged in a Nov. 16 comment on his official Twitter account.
"No. It is rigged. Plain and simple," Pena responded to a post of the election results.

Efforts to reach Pena were not successful Tuesday.
He took his case to three county commissioners and a state senator — some whose homes were targeted in the shootings — to no avail, Gallegos said.

him a layin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: January 18, 2023, 01:14:31 am
funny how quick they are to resort to violence and threats of violence. i suspect they (wrongly) think we won't or can't fight back. think again. https://theliberalgunclub.com/
« Last Edit: January 18, 2023, 01:16:34 am by him a layin »

Leofric

• Grand Gearhead
  • UK
Reply #35 on: January 18, 2023, 01:53:55 am

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #36 on: January 18, 2023, 12:48:28 pm
Latest Covid Variant News, eh?

Good job no-one is PAYING us to stay on-topic. :-X

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #37 on: January 18, 2023, 03:12:51 pm
Topics ?

We have topics ?

Who told you about these "topics" ?

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #38 on: January 19, 2023, 03:41:43 am
Not topics, toe picks. Easily confused. <<  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=0LFZtyzLBW8  >>

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #39 on: January 19, 2023, 04:29:09 am
Isn't that cheating though ?

him a layin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #40 on: January 19, 2023, 01:37:16 pm
at first i came here for the motorcycle knowledge, but when the weather turned cold and the riding infrequent, i stayed for the iconocclasm and quirkiness.

Karl Childers

• Ghost in the machine.
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #41 on: January 19, 2023, 06:34:25 pm
at first i came here for the motorcycle knowledge, but when the weather turned cold and the riding infrequent, i stayed for the iconocclasm and quirkiness.

My Enfield is gone and I'm still poking around the campfire  forum, there's too much entertainment not to.

him a layin

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #42 on: January 28, 2023, 03:20:50 am
having already mentioned covid.... what goes around, comes around. off-off-topic can be on-topic, can't it?

this is what i've been using to track covid since early 2020. johns hopkins university, likely as reliable a source as there is. you can select world or individual national stats, and the time scale as well. pretty graphs, enjoy!
https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/dashboards/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #43 on: January 28, 2023, 12:41:28 pm
having already mentioned covid.... what goes around, comes around. off-off-topic can be on-topic, can't it?

this is what i've been using to track covid since early 2020. johns hopkins university, likely as reliable a source as there is. you can select world or individual national stats, and the time scale as well. pretty graphs, enjoy!
https://gisanddata.maps.arcgis.com/apps/dashboards/bda7594740fd40299423467b48e9ecf6

Happy Tracking, as it is there's nothing better to do.