Author Topic: Hunter 350cc  (Read 4389 times)

One_Box

• Scooter
  • Herefordshire, England
Reply #30 on: January 19, 2023, 07:34:09 pm
My Hunter 350 was delivered this morning. All good although no user manual or PDI. Apparently the manuals will be delivered end of month.
Had a brief test ride this afternoon which was enjoyable apart from being sprayed with salt by a gritter going in the opposite direction !
So much better for me than the Classic 350 I had last year..

Leofric

• Grand Gearhead
  • UK
Reply #31 on: January 20, 2023, 12:51:28 am
My Hunter 350 was delivered this morning. All good although no user manual or PDI. Apparently the manuals will be delivered end of month.
Had a brief test ride this afternoon which was enjoyable apart from being sprayed with salt by a gritter going in the opposite direction !
So much better for me than the Classic 350 I had last year..
Why no PDI or manual with the bike ? That isn't acceptable.
Why is it so much better than the Classic 350 - just curious.

James.

• Grand Gearhead
  • Independent.
Reply #32 on: January 20, 2023, 08:26:08 pm
There's a you tube reviewer called Mak Pulling who has comprehensively tested both bikes.He liked both but thought the Hunter was that good he bought one.Check out his reviews.
Freedom.

One_Box

• Scooter
  • Herefordshire, England
Reply #33 on: January 21, 2023, 01:45:37 am

Just my opinion but the Hunter seems better for all round use as it doesn’t have all that polished alloy and wire wheels to deal with.
It is easier to manoeuvre on a gravel driveway (which I have) due to its lower centre of gravity, 17” wheels and lower weight.
The relationship between the gear lever and foot peg when wearing motorcycling boots is entirely normal on the Hunter and doesn’t require any modification to get a comfortable position.
The engine is more responsive than the Classic, the Hunter just seems to fit me better.

Leofric

• Grand Gearhead
  • UK
Reply #34 on: January 21, 2023, 10:55:56 pm
Just my opinion but the Hunter seems better for all round use as it doesn’t have all that polished alloy and wire wheels to deal with.
It is easier to manoeuvre on a gravel driveway (which I have) due to its lower centre of gravity, 17” wheels and lower weight.
The relationship between the gear lever and foot peg when wearing motorcycling boots is entirely normal on the Hunter and doesn’t require any modification to get a comfortable position.
The engine is more responsive than the Classic, the Hunter just seems to fit me better.
[/quote
My 350 dark model doesn't have all that polished alloy . Why are 17 inch wheels easier to
manoeuvre on gravel ?
I thought the engines were the same !
The 350 gear lever just needs turning up a notch.
Don't they say wire wheels can give a more comfortable ride than cast wheels !
Just my comments, people can buy whichever model they like best of course.

One_Box

• Scooter
  • Herefordshire, England
Reply #35 on: January 22, 2023, 01:27:24 pm
The engine of the Hunter has different mapping to the Meteor and Classic 350. It was programmed that way to make a more responsive engine as the bike was conceived primarily for urban use.
Regarding manoeuvring the bike on gravel, it is the totality of all the differences between it and the Classic 350 which makes it easier not just the size of the wheels in isolation.

bthtony55?

• Scooter
Reply #36 on: January 22, 2023, 09:10:51 pm

The proper and usually best position for footrests are directly below the back of the fuel tank. Just like the Hunter and old BMW Boxers to name just two.

michiel

• Bulleteer
  • Meteor 2021, Germany, Hamburg
Reply #37 on: January 22, 2023, 10:45:10 pm
The riders of choppers or cafe racers would certainly disagree with you.

longstrokeclassic

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #38 on: January 23, 2023, 10:09:17 am
Never saw the attraction of riding a bike with a seating position that positioned you ready for a Pap test or Rectal exam, but hey ho that’s just me!
Never underestimate the value of improved combustion efficiency and reducing parasitic engine and rolling chassis losses.

Leofric

• Grand Gearhead
  • UK
Reply #39 on: January 24, 2023, 09:57:57 pm
Never saw the attraction of riding a bike with a seating position that positioned you ready for a Pap test or Rectal exam, but hey ho that’s just me!
  ;D

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #40 on: January 25, 2023, 04:47:11 am
Hmmm....here's the solution to every problem.... :o ;D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Feet_forwards_motorcycle
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Leofric

• Grand Gearhead
  • UK
Reply #41 on: January 25, 2023, 10:54:26 pm
'Many car drivers would not consider a conventional motorcycle or scooter as an alternative, seeing it as a far less convenient and less safe option. To these people, an FF motorcycle needs to be seen (and hence marketed) as a two-wheeled car rather than an enclosed motorcycle.' end of quote.

No motorcycle can ever be seen as a two-wheeled car.