Author Topic: Easy Rider Rights Holders Intent On Reboot For Modern Viewers  (Read 5098 times)

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #75 on: December 22, 2022, 11:36:18 pm
To be honest my favourite motorcycle video in my collection is not a movie at all. 

It is a review Blu-ray (in 3D) of the 2010 Isle of Mann TT "Closer to the Edge". Tragic in places (Paul Dobbs died and Guy Martin and Connor Cummins both ended up in hospital for ages) but also some fantastic interviews and incredible shots of the great racing and the aerial shots of the bikes in the amazing scenery across the mountain are absolutely stunning.

It has since been released on Youtube and I absolutely recommend watching it  ...

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=ihH5uDUaqRE

« Last Edit: December 22, 2022, 11:47:39 pm by GlennF »

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #76 on: December 23, 2022, 12:40:33 am
The retro Z650RS is 10 pounds lighter than the Ninja. I didn't think the bodywork would add that much.

https://www.webbikeworld.com/2022-kawasaki-z650rs/
Main Specs
Engine: 649cc parallel-twin engine
Power: 67 hp @ 8,000 rpm
Torque: 48.5 lb-ft @ 6,500 rpm
Curb Weight: 412 lbs (187 kg)
Seat Height: 31.5 in (800mm)
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Karl Childers

• Ghost in the machine.
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #77 on: December 23, 2022, 02:32:04 am
Poor quality video but my favorite scene from The Wild One.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=_4NkkAQllfo

StefArmstg

• Bulleteer
Reply #78 on: December 23, 2022, 04:13:39 am
The one I watch over and over again is Classic Racer Experience, a Duke video featuring Team Obsolete.  The first half is interviews, and was watched once.  The second half is a practice lap around the Isle of Man with a camera on a Matchless G50.  Lots of passing, often at considerably higher speeds than the other bikes, with a running commentary by Dave Roper.  The speeds are impressive but not overwhelming.  And the sound of that big single at 7000 rpm is wonderful.  I have to replay it at least once every time I watch it.
650 Interceptor
Past favorites:
HD DuoGlide,  Norton Commando
Yamaha SR500,  Cagiva Elefant
HD Sportster,  RE Bullet

Karl Childers

• Ghost in the machine.
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #79 on: December 23, 2022, 04:46:54 am
The one I watch over and over again is Classic Racer Experience, a Duke video featuring Team Obsolete.  The first half is interviews, and was watched once.  The second half is a practice lap around the Isle of Man with a camera on a Matchless G50.  Lots of passing, often at

considerably higher speeds than the other bikes, with a running commentary by Dave Roper.  The speeds are impressive but not overwhelming.  And the sound of that big single at 7000 rpm is wonderful.  I have to replay it at least once every time I watch it.

I've seen Roper race a few times, Team obsolete has always fielded some great bikes!

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #80 on: December 23, 2022, 06:07:30 am
I remember watching that video a few years back.  That was no normal G50 it was wickedly quick.