Author Topic: What did you do to your RE Continental GT today?  (Read 391070 times)

Captain Bob

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1560 on: December 21, 2022, 11:55:05 pm
They caught me while I was in one of my cars  :-[
And yes, it's hard not to get caught here because they now have hundreds of anonymous cars with automated speed cameras hidden in them >:(

Where I live (literally surrounded by cultivated fields!) is very different from the "Côte d'Azur" and the 60s Côte d'Azur is probably very different from the crowded place it is now.
60s Cote d'Azur in my mind is what you see in "The Persuaders" TV Series if you know it.

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=SIvY47CrIxg

Although, I do not recall "The Persuaders" (love Roger Moore), I clearly recall the Cote D'Azure (French Riveira) and the Harbor at Monaco.  Our ship spent two weeks tied up right alongside the road in the central area of the harbor.  I was in the US Navy and our 280 ft. long Destroyer was allowed to tie up there.  I had a rock and roll band on our ship, I was lead guitar.  We played in Monaco.  Can't remember the name of the place. (might have something to do with age!)  I really enjoyed Monaco and Nice.  Been around the world one and a half times and those two places were my favorite.  There were some pretty cool places in the Mediterranean and other areas of the world as well but, these two have always been on the top of my list. (Spent a year in Viet Nam, that wasn't very pleasant.... lol)  I am sure everything has changed since those days.    :)

Marcosgt

• Scooter
  • Aged rocker
Reply #1561 on: December 22, 2022, 11:10:36 am
Seasons greetings fellow masochists.

A pair of earrings for the trouble and strife and today fitted chrome plated toe lever and gear change for other women in my life lol.

Whole ensemble finished off with ss link rod and cute black rubber booties!

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #1562 on: December 22, 2022, 01:21:51 pm

A pair of earrings for the trouble and strife and today fitted chrome plated toe lever and gear change for other women in my life lol.

Bling! That's different. Happy Christmas!
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Captain Bob

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1563 on: December 22, 2022, 03:04:17 pm

Very nice.  I also like the adjustable kickstand you fabricated.  Well done!

Marcosgt

• Scooter
  • Aged rocker
Reply #1564 on: December 22, 2022, 06:26:19 pm
Cannot claim credit for this side stand, it being a ‘Hitchcock’ accessory offering. As well as having stainless extension feature it enables you set parking angle of bike to suit. However, did discover that if fully extended it can foul centre stand at rear.

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1565 on: December 23, 2022, 04:00:42 pm
Cannot claim credit for this side stand, it being a ‘Hitchcock’ accessory offering. As well as having stainless extension feature it enables you set parking angle of bike to suit. However, did discover that if fully extended it can foul centre stand at rear.
It's a great alternative to the stock stand. I have one on my B5 Bullet.
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Catsailor

• Neophyte
Reply #1566 on: December 24, 2022, 04:25:35 pm
i have a gp exhaust and will try to make ik fit on my 535,foto with the "old" exhaust.

Marcosgt

• Scooter
  • Aged rocker
Reply #1567 on: December 30, 2022, 11:42:55 am
Piece de resistance completed today.

Over last twelve months have been ‘refurbishing’ my 535 Conti to further mirror its 1960’s forebear. On fitting chrome exhaust down pipe, using correct cylinder head studs (right way around), confronted with 10mm excess thread exposed which gave unfinished appearance to my mind.

Perusal of Mr Hitchcocks accessories store came across these Bullet finishers (Steel base/brass head) 26 tpi. which fitted nicely.

Once Storm Elliot ripples have cleared these shores I will take bike out and capture images of ‘finished item’ and hope you agree this bike has benefited at least aesthetically from the exercise?

They say that someone’s personality/appearance/lifestyle  is often reflected in their choices in life (dog, car, motorcycle etc?) Does anyone fancy nailing down the common thread shared by RE owners?

Prosperous and safe New Year to all.

Captain Bob

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1568 on: December 31, 2022, 04:43:01 am
Piece de resistance completed today.

Over last twelve months have been ‘refurbishing’ my 535 Conti to further mirror its 1960’s forebear. On fitting chrome exhaust down pipe, using correct cylinder head studs (right way around), confronted with 10mm excess thread exposed which gave unfinished appearance to my mind.

Perusal of Mr Hitchcocks accessories store came across these Bullet finishers (Steel base/brass head) 26 tpi. which fitted nicely.

Once Storm Elliot ripples have cleared these shores I will take bike out and capture images of ‘finished item’ and hope you agree this bike has benefited at least aesthetically from the exercise?

They say that someone’s personality/appearance/lifestyle  is often reflected in their choices in life (dog, car, motorcycle etc?) Does anyone fancy nailing down the common thread shared by RE owners?

Prosperous and safe New Year to all.

Love the "bullet" toppings on your exhaust studs.  A friend of mine who worked at Smith & Wesson Firearms company at the time, made some tire tube valve stem covers for me that look similar to yours.  I currently have them on my Indian but maybe....  They really belong on my CGT.  lol  Common thread?  Maybe we are all whacked!   ;D

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1569 on: December 31, 2022, 03:30:51 pm
"Common thread?"

They are M8 x 1.25
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Captain Bob

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1570 on: December 31, 2022, 04:05:30 pm
"Common thread?"

They are M8 x 1.25

Good one!  hahhahahaha!

Taurim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1571 on: January 03, 2023, 06:33:28 pm

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #1572 on: January 03, 2023, 07:25:48 pm
Gotta be happy with that!  8)

Next stop, Circuit Carole?
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Captain Bob

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1573 on: January 03, 2023, 07:35:32 pm
Today I started my 535  ;D

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=Pg72JUGMdSI

Nice!  Sounds great!  I noticed the gauges fluttering a bit.  Is this what happens after installation of HM's rubber dampers?

Taurim

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1574 on: January 03, 2023, 07:50:06 pm
Gotta be happy with that!  8)

Next stop, Circuit Carole?

Very happy  ;D
Next stop is running in  :o