Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Only reason I want a flyscreen is to keep bugs and dirt from getting on gauges backside and being a nightmare keeping them clean.
Depending on your physiology and your seat poition it may route all the flys that land normally on your gauges onto yout teeth. Better choice?

On the Conti with lowered bars the (taller) screen works really god.
650 Twins / Re: Best small tinted flyscreen and black side panel bag ?
« Last Post by Racer57 on Today at 05:45:53 pm »
Only reason I want a flyscreen is to keep bugs and dirt from getting on gauges backside and being a nightmare keeping them clean.
Bullet Iron Barrel / Re: What did you do to your Iron Barrel today ?
« Last Post by allanfox on Today at 05:37:01 pm »
 makes sense, that bottom mudguard mounting is a bit Heath Robinson, guess the calliper goes in the way!
350 J Platform / Re: Harley jumping on RE's wagon ?
« Last Post by olhogrider on Today at 05:33:55 pm »
H-D says these are for their Rider Academy training program. The idea that someone will learn on a Harley branded Chinese bike and then go into the store to buy a $14k Sportster is pretty silly. They filed paperwork with CARB for three variations. The speculation is that one of those will be sold as the street legal 350 for new customers. The 500/750 Street failed because it was still heavy, underpowered and expensive. This should do better.
Campfire Talk / Re: Sport bike mirrors
« Last Post by him a layin on Today at 05:28:39 pm »
i expect the aerodynamic benefits (if any) are minimal.
Campfire Talk / Re: Gun Nut Thread !
« Last Post by him a layin on Today at 05:27:17 pm »
just ran afoul of the time limit for modifying posts, somewhere between 1 hour and 1 hour 15 minutes. no, i didn't save the receipt, so i can't prove when i bought my 80% lower.
Campfire Talk / Re: Gun Nut Thread !
« Last Post by derottone on Today at 05:14:24 pm »
Still I don't understand why are you so worried about some guy building in his workshop a 1911 replica especially in a country where most anyone can just go and buy one. It must be "envy" that you can't do it yourself otherwise I can't find any explanation.
650 Twins / Re: Avon Roadmaster
« Last Post by zundapp on Today at 05:08:44 pm »
I din't found any comment here talking about modern radial tires like the Conti Road Attack (which is available for 650 RE). You guys are prefering diagonal tires, which is some kind of outdated technology. Is there any reason for that preference?

Availability maybe....

When I changed my Pirellis, Avons were my only option if I wanted a matching pair.
Campfire Talk / Re: Sport bike mirrors
« Last Post by NVDucati on Today at 05:08:31 pm »
I pass a lot of time watching motorcycle videos, MotoStars etc.
I notice that many of the FPV videos shot in sport bikes show the mirrirs folded in facing each other.
 Why?
My experience doing that was on enduro / dualsport bikes was to keep branches from killing  my mirrors.
650 Twins / Re: Avon Roadmaster
« Last Post by NVDucati on Today at 04:54:05 pm »
I recently changed the front tyre to an Avon Roadmaster 2 from the stock Pirelli.  Previously, the bike was squirreling all over the place on any uneven road surface - paint, seams, cracks etc, but now it is rock solid and the squirreling has completely disappeared.  And I always thought it was to do with the rear tyre, which is a Battleax.
Is "Avon Roadmaster" a simple typo?
I see Avon SpeedMaster and Avon RoadRider MkII ...

That aside, I had the same experience with the OEM Pirelli tires once you used them at a higher pace.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10