Author Topic: Tough day for the NRA and gun owners  (Read 10709 times)

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
on: September 04, 2019, 02:28:03 pm
Yesterday was an active day for the anti-gun crowd in the U.S. Walmart announced that they would stop selling pistol (?) ammunition in all of their stores.

Meanwhile, the San Francisco Board of Supervisors voted unanimously to declare the NRA a domestic terrorist organization.  :o  At least they didn't call it a "gang".   ::) They are accusing the NRA of promoting the ownership of guns, causing gun ownership prevention laws to not be approved and encouraging the use of guns that are then killing people.  What a bunch of jerks.  :P
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: September 04, 2019, 03:57:32 pm
In SFO it's a poop storm in the toilet. It's just a show. Probably just a way for the commies to spend more of people's money in court, defending their own illegal behavior.
ACE Motors - sales & administration

microbc

• Scooter
  • Should have got a RE years ago!
Reply #2 on: September 04, 2019, 06:18:31 pm
Since San Francisco is a sanctuary city and they claim the NRA is a terrorist organization, shouldn't they welcome the NRA and gun owners (who they must also believe are terrorists) with open arms and protect them????
2013 Classic C5

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: September 04, 2019, 10:56:57 pm
One of the radio personalizes at an SF station read the entire resolution. It says that SF will not do business with any person or company that associates with the NRA.  Right now their police union is saying that they don't have enough officers to give out sufficient traffic violation tickets to meet the City's "Vision Zero" goal of eliminating all traffic deaths and are recommending that the State Legislature approve installing automatic speed ticketing cameras in the city to control speeding (which is almost impossible to do in the city due to traffic congestion).  I wonder how many SF cops will be fired for being members of the NRA?   >:(

What a city!   :-[  But the "unhoused" and "undocumented" sure love the place.  ::)  Free everything at the taxpayer's expense.  >:(

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #4 on: September 04, 2019, 11:33:04 pm
One of the radio personalizes at an SF station read the entire resolution. It says that SF will not do business with any person or company that associates with the NRA.  Right now their police union is saying that they don't have enough officers to give out sufficient traffic violation tickets to meet the City's "Vision Zero" goal of eliminating all traffic deaths and are recommending that the State Legislature approve installing automatic speed ticketing cameras in the city to control speeding (which is almost impossible to do in the city due to traffic congestion).  I wonder how many SF cops will be fired for being members of the NRA?   >:(

What a city!   :-[  But the "unhoused" and "undocumented" sure love the place.  ::)  Free everything at the taxpayer's expense.  >:(

Ohdearlord, please hold me back from starting in on SF and all the rest of these lunatic Kalifornia cities and Kalifornia in toto and the rest of these cities and states that have been under total Progressive Democrat rule for 50 or 60 years (many way longer than that) and now NONE of the sewerousness (I'm reminded of The Magic Christian) that all of them are steeped in and suffocated by and have been victims of is their responsibility and none of them are the least bit responsible and the media backs them up and supports them and helps get them reelected. Year after year after year after

"What"?

"SHUT UP, GEORGE"!! >:( >:(

"Oh. OK. Sorry"  :-[

"Well, you asked me to stop you"

« Last Edit: September 04, 2019, 11:41:34 pm by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #5 on: September 05, 2019, 12:34:11 am
They are accusing the NRA of promoting the ownership of guns, causing gun ownership prevention laws to not be approved and encouraging the use of guns that are then killing people...
That's a good start on a list of the reasons I've been a member of the NRA for over 50 years.

They left out:
 "Standing as a protector of the Second Amendment to the Constitution of the United States, against all who would destroy it."

I'm sure that alone is reason enough for the Liberal crowd to list the NRA as being a terrorist organization.
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: September 09, 2019, 08:32:06 am
im sure you guys need no-where near the amount of guns you have. I once owed 14 and 40 year later none. looking back wtf did I need 14 guns for......

Dr Mayhem

• Grease Monkey
Reply #7 on: September 09, 2019, 03:46:47 pm
BAM!!!

WE don't!.. and we don't need to keep going on and on about them like they're like mom, apple pie and the best piece of ass we've ever had all rolled into one!

Beyond so disgusted with that mindless shit like so many others of us over here
Guy
19 Conti GT in Dr Mayhem paint 08/24/2019
06 HD Street Bob
04 Buell XB12S Lightning

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #8 on: September 09, 2019, 09:12:46 pm
It's fine if anyone doesn't want to have a gun. Nobody is forcing anyone to own one.
If they would simply extend the same courtesy to those who do want them, things would work out very well.

Regarding SF, I think its current condition speaks for itself, so it doesn't need any further denigration by me.

Home of the Fireball 535 !

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: September 09, 2019, 10:08:14 pm
When in SF, I always watch where I step.   :o

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: September 10, 2019, 12:36:07 pm

If they would simply extend the same courtesy to those who do want them, things would work out very well.

If you EVER expect this from Progressives (and I know you don't) on ANY subject, you have a lonnnng wait (as you already know).

We must repent and admit our sins and agree with them or they are NEVER satisfied. We are not wrong, we are EEEvil.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #11 on: September 10, 2019, 01:24:00 pm
         If you EVER expect this from Progressives (and I know you don't) on ANY subject, you have a lonnnng wait (as you already know).

We must repent and admit our sins and agree with them or they are NEVER satisfied. We are not wrong, we are EEEvil.
Yes, I know, but I like to try starting out with a reasonable request for civility, just in case I may meet the rare moderate variety. If it is the now common bug-eyed zealot variety, I try to get ready for their sucker-punch or other physical attack.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: September 10, 2019, 02:30:56 pm
Everyone's favorite Progressive governor now running California (who is being pushed by the local media to run for President) has just signed into law a bill that would prevent children in elementary schools from being disciplined or expelled for being disruptive or violent in class.  Apparently, the teacher and other students are just supposed to wait until the disruptive student completes their activities and finally calms down.  This is said to be a "social justice" issue.

Anyone want to be a school teacher in California now?

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: September 10, 2019, 05:31:01 pm
Everyone's favorite Progressive governor now running California (who is being pushed by the local media to run for President) has just signed into law a bill that would prevent children in elementary schools from being disciplined or expelled for being disruptive or violent in class.  Apparently, the teacher and other students are just supposed to wait until the disruptive student completes their activities and finally calms down.  This is said to be a "social justice" issue.

Anyone want to be a school teacher in California now?

This is the result of 60 years of steady yearly increases in Progressive policy influence on every area of what runs this country. Schools and school committees, teachers (and especially teachers' union executives) and the admin staffs of schools across this nation are exclusely Progressive leaning. Many are political activists as are more and more people in congress.

Progressive funneling and sorting since the end of WW2 is also why our new hire teachers for the past 30 or 40 years have been from the bottom 1/3 of their graduating classes rather than the top 1/3 as it used to be. 

And by the time it is realized and documented that a teacher is a worthless waste of tax payer money and a danger to children's education (this takes about three years) they have full union protection and permanent status and it costs the town thousands if not millions (towns that are alReady broke) to try to rid themselves of he/she/Q PLUS the whole union and Progressive attack machine comes down on them and will paper the town to death with lawyers.

A Conservative teacher in today's public schools has to be very, very careful or he/she will be gotten rid of by any method the Progressive Left machine has at its disposal and all that matters is their goal and that is to produce compliant little Progressives who will continue to support the agenda which is to shut down Conservative free speech EVERYwhere.

Gavin Newsome would fit right in with the loonie tunes who are alREADY running for President. Perfect fit.
« Last Edit: September 10, 2019, 09:27:30 pm by tooseevee »

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: September 10, 2019, 10:41:49 pm
Under this new law that the Gov signed, I figure that the elementary schools will soon resemble the "Lord of the Flies".   :o  It won't take long before the children realize that there are no consequences for "acting out" and then it will classroom terror.  You will reap what you sow.   :(