HPRE

Menu

81 Guests, 2 Users
wildbill, Arizoni

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
rattlebattle
check out my video. the review starts at 12 minutes and at roughly the 18 minute mark you will see how well the duel disc ABS system works on the best C5 Enfield has made
https://youtu.be/4kHELG7C5gA
without a doubt - best C5 I have ever purchased!
Sidecar Talk / Re: Fun Video
« Last post by Narada on Today at 08:13:48 pm »
Your welome, guys. I loved the studded tires! :)  having the van, and clear weather was good too. Riding on that lake would be pretty scary though... :o
Bullet with the UCE engine / Re: WD-40
« Last post by Guaire on Today at 08:06:25 pm »
Vince - Do you like PJ1? Whatís a penetrating lube that you like?
Bill
I started up. Then I noticed my new LED tail light wasnít on. I re seated the bulb and it turned on. Then I got out for a short ride. The first place I went was the gas station. The guage was maybe a half tank?! I filled the tank with one gallon. 1.049G. At least I didnít run out of fuel. When I got back I added a shot of Seafoam.
Continental GT Cafe Racer / Re: Ace GT Head Project
« Last post by Guaire on Today at 07:54:00 pm »
spooge,

So off base here I don't even know where to start.
First of all, you're mocking the efforts of one of our sagest and most respected (not to mention well liked) forum members. Just search the back pages of this forum for any of Ace's subject headings in the "let's talk about" vein, for a taste. The guy knows his shit backwards and forward. Plus he makes it understandable for those of us who may not have his deep background by patiently answering follow up questions. Sometimes ad nauseum ;). Who have you helped lately? Plus he has the respect of other Enfield "gurus" like "Bullet Whisperer" and "Tim in N.Z."to name a couple. Good company.

Next, you blithely assert that there is no and never will be any interest. Speak for yourself. I and about 40 other Fireballers ( this is going back to the old iron barrel platform) would disagree. We love our little bikes and just want to make them faster and more reliable, while still respecting their limitations. This is a hobby, money be damned.
The rest of us here understand all to well that this is a niche pursuit that doesn't make economic sense. No great revelation there. We also get that ventures like these have their ups and downs, setbacks and small triumphs. Many of us have been following this story for a decade or more.

Yep.
Bullet with the UCE engine / Re: 2018 C5 Gun Metal Grey bS4/ABS
« Last post by wildbill on Today at 06:00:03 pm »
well at first it wasn't coming here to Aust either and it eventually landed about 12 months after it was officially released -so you never know ones luck!
I was very keen to get hold of this new model bike -after all in the past 5 years royal enfield have sold me in excess of $100,000 worth of motorcycles....LOL
this BS4 I think is by far the best bike in the C5 range they have made to date. its that far ahead of my last bike in handling and braking- there is just no comparison.
Campfire Talk / Re: Ethanol Free
« Last post by mattsz on Today at 04:04:44 pm »
     The arguments against Ethanol apply mostly to the original formulation from the late 70's and early 80's. Modern formulation are mostly OK to use. I don't bother going out of my way to find "real" gas. It is not worth the hassle. The only real issue I see remaining is it's affinity for water, but modern formulations are MUCH better. If the vehicle is used regularly there is no problem. For infrequently used vehicles use Heet or Sea Foam during and just after storage.

Oooo...

;D

But seriously... you'd think with all the marinas along the coast and lakes where I live, there'd be lots of non-ethanol fuel around me, but nope...
Vintage Royal Enfield/Indian / Re: Project "Abfangjaeger"
« Last post by grumbern on Today at 01:34:43 pm »
The yoke is done, sanded and waiting to be polished:

Unfortunately, as expected the beads are still visible. Only hard to see on the picture, but clearly in real:

More tomorrow.
So long,
Andreas
Today I finished sanding the primary cover. Now it can rest for some hours and tomorrow it's up for polishing. But yet again, there are "clouds" showing up on the surface. ::)

The castings just aren't the pick of the litter, there are tiny pores everywhere, too. These can't be removed or polished (obviously) and starting from there it will start getting dull again. Be it as it may, I'll just do what can be done and what can't be done just can't be done - that's it. ;)
So long,
Andreas
Continental GT Cafe Racer / Re: Ace GT Head Project
« Last post by ace.cafe on Today at 01:10:43 pm »
Here are some pics from a user converting to 36mm throttle body.

When was the last time anybody saw a port like that in an Enfield?
 8)
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10