Author Topic: Mug Shots  (Read 5926 times)

pushrod

• Grease Monkey
Reply #30 on: February 22, 2020, 02:07:47 am
Nice bikes Blasphemous, thanks for posting your photos.
Pushrod
Yeah, times have changed, me, not so much

2000 RE Bullet
1994 Ural tourist
1959 Harley FL

Royal Stargazer

• I have no idea what I'm doing.
  • Grease Monkey
Reply #31 on: February 22, 2020, 05:27:04 am
That is an interesting progression. Anything in particular cause the new for old exchange?

My C5 was a great bike to learn to ride on, but I felt like there was limited room for growth. I changed out the seats and silencer, had saddlebags, ditched them, went the Power Commander route, bored out the cylinder, but I was running out of things to do, things to learn. Call me crazy, but I wanted something that would be more challenging, something that would require a bit more than just changing fluids and keeping the tires topped up. Scarlet had the look I liked, but lacked a bit of that je ne sais quoi.

I went in to my local dealership from time to time, mainly cos I was considering a Moto Guzzi Ambassador they had on the floor, and one fateful January day in 2017 I saw a velvet green Bullet 500 ES sitting there with a dangerously affordable price tag. I pulled out my card, and the rest is history. I got my wish. I replaced things I didn't know existed, solved problems I didn't know I had, and have been consistently taking bigger and bigger bites, chewing with determination each time. I'm still green as the bike I ride (have you seen my clueless posts?) but I'm having a blast learning all this rad old stuff.

Scarlet helped me learn how to ride. Fiona helped me become a motorcyclist.
2020 Royal Enfield Continental GT, A racer for more than just cafes
2005 Volvo S60 2.5T AWD, Two doors too many
2003 Royal Enfield Bullet, two-wheeled time machine

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #32 on: February 22, 2020, 01:53:14 pm
"Scarlet helped me learn how to ride. Fiona helped me become a motorcyclist."
 And there you have it. Could not put that better..I use mine for the visceral experience. The smell of hot oil and gas, the chuffing out the carb and of course the BLAT of the exhaust. Here's a shot of me putting protons where they belong....
« Last Edit: February 22, 2020, 04:28:26 pm by cyrusb »
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

blasphemous

• Bulleteer
Reply #33 on: February 22, 2020, 11:15:08 pm
åhhhh I wish we could all have a meetup or a ride.

pushrod

• Grease Monkey
Reply #34 on: February 24, 2020, 01:53:06 pm

"""Here's a shot of me putting protons where they belong...."""

Wow that's some serious looking Equipment Cyrusb, I haven't seen tools like that for a very long time, well,,, never seen it really ;D.  But it looks cool as hell :) What's it do? I played hooky from school that day,  protons neutrons electrons 101  ;D
Pushrod

2000 RE Bullet
1994 Ural tourist
1959 Harley FL

cyrusb

• Kept man
  • Grand Gearhead
  • There's a last time for everything
Reply #35 on: February 24, 2020, 03:01:09 pm
 It's a Theodolite. Used to measure things optically to .001 that you can see but cannot touch. That shot was 10 years ago and probably the last time I used one. Everything is done with lasers now.
2005E Fixed and or Replaced: ignition, fenders,chainguard,wires,carb,headlight,seat,tailight,sprockets,chain,shock springs,fork springs, exhaust system, horn,shifter,clutch arm, trafficators,crankcase vent.

pushrod

• Grease Monkey
Reply #36 on: February 24, 2020, 03:30:28 pm
It's a Theodolite. Used to measure things optically to .001 that you can see but cannot touch. That shot was 10 years ago and probably the last time I used one. Everything is done with lasers now.

I googled Theodolite and  found it very interesting. Amazing how fast technology changes things. But our old tech engines keep plugin along, at least for now anyway.
Pushrod

2000 RE Bullet
1994 Ural tourist
1959 Harley FL