Author Topic: Engine Misfiring at 4100 RPM 09 C5  (Read 4356 times)

Freddy1

• Bulleteer
Reply #15 on: January 07, 2020, 05:54:45 am
With a multimeter, check the correct operation of the TPS sensor even at the maximum opening of the throttle valve

Also check the error log stored in the ECU memory

Jaygib

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: January 10, 2020, 01:43:44 am
With a multimeter, check the correct operation of the TPS sensor even at the maximum opening of the throttle valve

Also check the error log stored in the ECU memory

I tested the tps operation last week and it all seemed to work as it should, I thought the values were a bit low on full throttle but I think that was due to a flat battery and/ or crappy multimeter.

As for the error log there were 4 codes, I couldn’t figure out one of them but the other 3 were oil temp, tps and cps sensors, I’m not sure when they were triggered so I cleared the codes and took the bike for a decent ride trying to get the codes to pop again and they haven’t yet.

I have the RH crank case off atm just waiting for tools to remove the rotor so I can inspect the woodruff key, also  picked up a new multimeter, I’ll test all electrical components tonight and report back.
2009 Classic 535

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #17 on: January 10, 2020, 02:18:38 am
I guess it's too late and you've already ordered the tool but I have a flywheel puller you could borrow if it helps.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

sjbiat

• Bulleteer
Reply #18 on: February 12, 2020, 01:27:11 am
I didn't read this whole thread - I apologize if a consensus has been reached.  But I had exactly this problem after driving though a deep puddle under a bridge.  It was caused a bad ground on the battery and only went away when I replaced the connector.

Stephan
stephan
09 C5 with Cozy sidecar now
formerly
97 Motoguzzi
94/02 Ural
85 BMW R80
64 BMW R60/Hollandia/Steib
61 BMW R69/Watsonian
60 Pugeot

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: February 12, 2020, 03:54:32 am
Is the charging problem related to the bad running or a seperate issue ?

For example if you put in a fully charged good battery does the bike run better ?