Author Topic: Is This Really Happening In Europe?  (Read 7246 times)

nicholastanguma

• Bulleteer
  • Los Angeles, San Francisco
on: April 18, 2021, 06:53:59 am
A Belgian chap over on the Speed Talk forum posted this a few months ago:

"The gov here implemented tech inspection every 2 years for oldtimers between 30 and 50, every 5 years when older than 50. The sad thing is that all mods are banned. They may only be original.
Right now about 50 % of all oldtimers here are banned from the road as a consequence. Mine included (for the only reason that I have an ITB fuel injection on the engine - rest is original...)

It sure is a victory for the purists.

I really start to hate the EU which is at the basis of this regulation. It has become sort of a communistic regime..."

Aghast, I asked:

"Does this leftist nonsense apply to motorbikes, as well? And what's going to happen to all those gorgeous performance modded 2CVs in France, and all those gorgeous performance modded VW Beetles, Porsches 911s, and NSU Prinz TTs in Germany, and all those gorgeous performance modded Fiat 500s and 126s in Italy and Poland?

Monsieur Belgian's reply was:

"In 2022 bikes equally will have to pass tech inspection.

And yes the VW Beetles, Porsches etc fall under the same nonsense."

This discourse took place in the Vintag Engine Tech subforum of Speed Talk, so clearly everyone in that thread is very much biased toward pro-vintage motoring legislation. I understand plenty of you reading may not care about vintage metal at all--fine, to each his own, we can still be entirely civil to one another.  But you know this is a Royal Enfield forum, right?

What I really want to know is: can anyone here confirm this has indeed become law in the European Union?
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 06:56:29 am by nicholastanguma »

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #1 on: April 18, 2021, 07:31:56 am
The EU can royaly kiss my ars, I´going to exactly ask the EU inspectors if I am allowed to whipe it.

nicholastanguma

• Bulleteer
Reply #2 on: April 18, 2021, 07:43:46 am
The EU can royaly kiss my ars, I´going to exactly ask the EU inspectors if I am allowed to whipe it.

Weirdly, a number of miles south of you in the Netherlands, a new rule just got passed that cars older than 50 years are excempt of any yearly/2 yearly inspection at all starting next year.  Not sure how or why, but for some reason some Dutch petrolheads have been able to give EU nannies the bird.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: April 18, 2021, 04:34:52 pm
There are a lot of legislation changes on the cards, the EU are formulating many new directives with the introduction of Euro 5, one such directive will see bikes older than seven years old banned for a number of cities, much like they did in France, Euro 5 will cut emissions by about a third of what they formally were, eventually older bikes will not be allowed on the roads due to pollution levels they are now already subject to congestion charges, regarding cars over 50 years old ask yourself how many do you see, hardly any still on road, but bear in mind the congestion charges are a deterrent to driving them, the EU are working on lots of secret directives, they always have, and our governments are hand in glove with them rest assured, Brexit was never a guarantee we would not adopt identicle laws as we continue to do. Restoring 50 year old cars is a dying art they know full well soon there will be none left to worry about, there are even discussions going on to ban older motorcycles. Modifications will become impossible for a start these are already very lean burn by introducing more air to the mix you could find your pistons melt away, many new cars are stuffy compared to older models.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 05:04:48 pm by Karl Fenn »

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #4 on: April 18, 2021, 05:58:21 pm
The UK has recently exempted most historic vehicles (over 40 years old) from the annual MOT test, though not for substantially modified vehicles if these mods were carried out within the last 30 years. That the Netherlands and neighbouring Belgium are adopting a different regime shows that the EU has not yet succeeded in forcing a totally unified approach.

As far as I know registered historic vehicles are also exempt form the London ULEZ charges.

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: April 18, 2021, 06:02:24 pm
Yea but how will you ride them with all the congestion charges comming in, it will be to expensive as they have found out in London, they charge on basis of age.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: April 18, 2021, 06:08:45 pm
Karl,

do you not understand the meaning of the word "exempt"? Click on the link and see paragraph 4 for historic vehicles.

A.

https://www.classicandsportscar.com/features/london-ulez-9-things-classic-car-drivers-need-know
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

nicholastanguma

• Bulleteer
Reply #7 on: April 18, 2021, 07:47:05 pm
The UK has recently exempted most historic vehicles (over 40 years old) from the annual MOT test, though not for substantially modified vehicles if these mods were carried out within the last 30 years.

So the UK govt baked a very good cookie by MOT exempting vehicles over 40 years old, but then stuck a little poison spine into the cookie dough to prick some people anyway?  What exactly qualifies as "substantially modified?"
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 08:13:52 pm by nicholastanguma »

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: April 18, 2021, 08:05:20 pm
I know what bloody excempt means but the fact is you are not excempt if you have to pay charges, you should look at what they are and see how they are priced congestion charges don't just cover congestion that's to easy. I don't need click on any link because l know what l talk about before l open my mouth. I find your reply sarcastic.
« Last Edit: April 18, 2021, 08:32:47 pm by Karl Fenn »

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: April 18, 2021, 08:18:22 pm
Well of course they are good at misrepresenting words and baking dark cookies, if you enter any zone you will be billed for £12.50 due to pollution, if you drive once a week that would be far more than your tax or MOT ever could be, and the zone system is expanding and wii increase.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: April 19, 2021, 02:21:37 pm
I find your reply sarcastic.

More a note of exasperation, Karl.  :(

Yes, we KNOW there are all sorts of horrible things going on, what with Bojo's burgeoning police state (how are you guys in other countries getting on?) and, of course, the progressive juggernaut wanting to roll over us for the crime of not enthusiastically embracing the agenda in whatever form its disciples are pushing when they come threatening to kick our door down and drag us off for compulsory re-education.

However, we do still get the occasional crumb of comfort, such as registered historic vehicles NOT having to pay emissions charges in London, and I thought it would be nice to cheer folks here up a teeny bit, but what annoyed me was that you were determined to snatch even this crumb from us and wilfully ignore any supporting evidence. I also checked the Transport for London info and motorcycles are apparently exempt from the congestion charge, and I could post the actual information, but but since it doesn't fit your argument, what would be the point?

Report my post to our moderator, if you want, fill yer boots. Once unrestricted transatlantic travel is re-established, Bilgemaster will be able to fly over and subject me to the necessary torture until I recant. No offence is actually meant, though if you're minded to take offence, there's not much I can do. There's more than enough having to walk on eggshells with the way people are at the moment.

A.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #11 on: April 19, 2021, 04:12:27 pm
Yes but we were talking about cars and other vehicles not motorcycles, they are not exempt, but soon the greedy bastards will take that to fund an obsessive pay hike or perk the free motocycle will be no more, so welcome to the people's republic of the UK be good boys and girls we don't want you dissaparing after dark, being blacklisted from the NHS or starved out because they stopped your pensions as a punishment, you have been warned of the torturous consequences. Why should you be reported to the moderator for a democratic comment unless government spies are listening in, they did that to me on you tube it cost me the channel, but on reflection they can kiss my arse this new breed of communist terrorists are the people who imprison humanity and freedom of spirit,via methodology of fare and threats and trumped up criminal records they are an abomination to every man born free. You are better off dead than living under such regimes. Be brave my friend stand with the free there are still a few of us left.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 04:25:10 pm by Karl Fenn »

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: April 19, 2021, 04:42:59 pm
Darkening skies, indeed, though letting it get to us too much (i.e.before they actually do) still won't do what's left of our mental health any good, I suspect.

A.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #13 on: April 19, 2021, 05:14:01 pm
Yes but we were talking about cars and other vehicles not motorcycles, they are not exempt, but soon the greedy bastards will take that to fund an obsessive pay hike or perk the free motocycle will be no more, so welcome to the people's republic of the UK be good boys and girls we don't want you dissaparing after dark, being blacklisted from the NHS or starved out because they stopped your pensions as a punishment, you have been warned of the torturous consequences. Why should you be reported to the moderator for a democratic comment unless government spies are listening in, they did that to me on you tube it cost me the channel, but on reflection they can kiss my arse this new breed of communist terrorists are the people who imprison humanity and freedom of spirit,via methodology of fare and threats and trumped up criminal records they are an abomination to every man born free. You are better off dead than living under such regimes. Be brave my friend stand with the free there are still a few of us left.

Gold, guns and stay away from security cameras that you don´t own, that means country side. I would not trust anyone who feels the need to surveil me in that way anyway.  ;)

Especially not some nordic commie company which gifts a bus to a minister who didn´t even ask for one, and than they keep throwing shit and expecting eternal thankfullness and the laws to be bend in their favour. How sick is that, how about making a competitive product instead, one that can compete on that particular market? Nope, just laughable.

https://scroll.in/latest/992157/scania-audit-confirms-nitin-gadkari-received-luxury-bus-from-swedish-firm-for-personal-use-reports

....the internal audit reveals whatever it´s supposed to reveal, what a surprise.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 05:28:53 pm by derottone »

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: April 19, 2021, 05:25:31 pm
Well that's the point you are being studied like an insect under a magnifying glass, they say you have nothing to fare if you have done nothing wrong, but what if l have done nothing wrong and object to being studied like a specimen, ho, they arguing it stops murders, what bull there are more murders now than before cctv, and there are no guns here people are not allowed to have them. You go to prison for a long time and l mean a long time. These new breed of commies hide behind a screen of democratic government they need irradiating now, before it becomes to late for society to reverse the changes, communists hiding behind the guise of democratic government is a mass deception to us all.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 05:35:16 pm by Karl Fenn »

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #15 on: April 19, 2021, 05:31:24 pm
Well that's the point you are being studied like an insect under a magnifying glass, they say you have nothing to fare if you have done nothing wrong, but what if l have done nothing wrong and object to being studied like a specimen, ho, they argue it stops murders, what bull there are more murders now than before cctv, and there are no guns here people are not allowed to have them. You go to prison for a long time and l mean a long time.

cctv has been used for shit only. Security services own effectively the manufacturing companies in communistan because they can extort as much as they like to a degree which would make the government jailous.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: April 19, 2021, 05:44:57 pm
Ho, l am aware of the mass deceptions all the companies are linked to the police and part of the easy cash network helping them sleves to a never ending pot of tax payers cash.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #17 on: April 19, 2021, 11:28:11 pm
The most important thing we should all realise, the seeds of communism are very evil and real, they come in many disguises even corporations and pretend governments they have mastered the art of cloaking, once they gain control all freedom is lost, the communists in the UK go from strength to strength on their ill obtained gotten gains and taxes theft, creating dire poverty to the people all around just like the plague wherever they should go, but no one has yet realised the facts of what they are, they are indeed deceptively clever they have learned and evolved through the decades, they will stop at nothing even killing to secure their warped objectives, the men in uniform are not what they first appear believe me. Governments are not who or what you think they are, but simply what they pretend to be. They rely on networking and band together in positions of control.
« Last Edit: April 19, 2021, 11:48:53 pm by Karl Fenn »

nicholastanguma

• Bulleteer
Reply #18 on: April 20, 2021, 12:17:01 am
These new breed of commies hide behind a screen of democratic government they need irradiating now, before it becomes to late for society to reverse the changes, communists hiding behind the guise of democratic government is a mass deception to us all.

Yes, this.

I've now received confirmation from a few different sources that the EU has indeed adopted the anti-everything auto and moto laws.   :(

So I suppose aside from the UK and the few non-EU nations that have not adopted similar legislation the auto and moto scene in Europe has just been killed. No more classic racing, all that history, all that culture, all those annual events, all those businesses, just gone in a flash.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #19 on: April 20, 2021, 12:56:40 am
Well everybody knew that day would come l have been predicting that for years, this is what happens when dictators finally take control, its cars next only the rich will be able to drive, it will be like the 17th century with the class devide those who can and those who never will.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #20 on: April 20, 2021, 06:14:21 am

Yes, this.

I've now received confirmation from a few different sources that the EU has indeed adopted the anti-everything auto and moto laws.   :(

So I suppose aside from the UK and the few non-EU nations that have not adopted similar legislation the auto and moto scene in Europe has just been killed. No more classic racing, all that history, all that culture, all those annual events, all those businesses, just gone in a flash.

The UK however is perfectly inline with the great reset agenda, they don´t need to outlaw anything because soon: "You will own nothing, and be happy about it."  ;)

It´s worse than the EU because the EU organisation has a higher digree of transparency in comparision, while the "you will own nothing" happens in stealth. It´s not the punch that comes from the front that is the danger.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 06:17:59 am by derottone »

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #21 on: April 20, 2021, 12:06:42 pm
Well what this is leading to is mass poverty and chaos where the commie  will just keep thieving so their own life styles are not effected they do that now anyway, of course they say we had Brexit but they rubber stamp all the EU laws anyway, we will see a situation where all government employees have an electric car at the expense of the tax payer, free car l should say and house, whilst the rest sink or swim, it will be like the post code lottery the rich live and the poor die because of substandard treatment, it's like the police man giving a poor man a long lecture on the side of the road because he has no insurance, claiming we all have to pay insurance, the cop does not pay it, he only pays it with money he has robbed from me in council tax, that we are forced to pay or go to prison. People who do not have their ear to the ground just don't realise how much poverty these newly bred crafty commies have caused in the county, the housing crisis is more dire than Victorian times they just keep inflating prices for profit and deliberately creating mass shortages if they built for ten years they could not even house the migrants they let in, anyway F the EU they should all kneel and kiss my arse just as l blow off. They take people's licences now for medical conditions they invent with the help of the commie NHS doctors, yet another lot who say they are concerned about global warming but buy the gas guzzling cars, they have created so many laws it's hard to comprehend it.They certainly don't want the poor or lower classes mobile in any shape or form. It won't be long now only a matter of years.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 12:39:08 pm by Karl Fenn »

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: April 20, 2021, 03:21:17 pm
The UK however is perfectly inline with the great reset agenda, they don´t need to outlaw anything because soon: "You will own nothing, and be happy about it."  ;)

It´s worse than the EU because the EU organisation has a higher digree of transparency in comparision, while the "you will own nothing" happens in stealth. It´s not the punch that comes from the front that is the danger.

I recall a political cartoon in my newspaper from years ago that showed the UK's Iron Maiden sitting at her desk with a sign that said "Just shut up and pay your taxes."   ;)
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #23 on: April 20, 2021, 03:44:59 pm
I recall a political cartoon in my newspaper from years ago that showed the UK's Iron Maiden sitting at her desk with a sign that said "Just shut up and pay your taxes."   ;)

I've been drilling the biggest holes today ever, working on the environment, with a Husqvarna drill. It's about 18" in diameter. I think it could even contain little evil Swedish children like Greta.  ;) ;D

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #24 on: April 20, 2021, 04:06:40 pm
God that looks good fun, l wish l was fit enough to do that, of course Greta is on all the mags in the newsagents now, being used to assist their control agenda they love brainwashing children to achieve objectives, l got the latest delivery today two little bins, they want us to sort our own waste now into four different bins, they tried this in another part of the county, rats running a round everywhere and cats because the food spews out of the top, they smell vile you need a mask, l guess the council are running more dodgy contracts with rat catchers, you soon won't have a drive with all the bins, and they get the waste sorted for free, it's all going completely mad.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #25 on: April 20, 2021, 05:10:30 pm
It's not as much fun if you drill a lot of holes, two days recovery atleast. Anyway, Germany has this thing about garbage sorting too, however the the Swedish are probably the most extreme in the world - on paper. Not unusual for commies to engage you into all sort of activities without compensation.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #26 on: April 20, 2021, 05:21:25 pm
The problem is you have no choice but to engage or face severe punishments, they use an old style Russian communist policy that gets worse by the day talk about holding a gun to someone's head, they get the full support of the police and courts as well. Of course Greta is destined to become the worlds biggest ever child star, yes it's true.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #27 on: April 20, 2021, 05:28:28 pm
I guess, Greta just donated 100k$ to some covid bs. You just got to love that.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: April 20, 2021, 05:35:39 pm
Well obviously she is a paid puppet.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #29 on: April 20, 2021, 05:55:59 pm
Well obviously she is a paid puppet.

I would probably agree to that.

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #30 on: April 20, 2021, 06:28:29 pm
In the Soviet State of Virginia the government shut down the Division of Motor Vehicles. They only see a trickle of people by appointment only.
  Mrs. G needed to renew her registration over the internet. I was tasked to finish the task. Nothing online is working. The law demands we register the vehicles with the DMV. Then the DMV fails completely. "The registration is not working".
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #31 on: April 20, 2021, 07:41:35 pm
Ha, ha, ha, bang on looks like her sister.

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #32 on: April 20, 2021, 09:12:07 pm
Ha, ha, ha, bang on looks like her sister.
That's what Dinesh D'Souza says in the caption!
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: April 20, 2021, 10:38:40 pm
I guess, Greta just donated 100k$ to some covid bs. You just got to love that.

I just read about that in my newspaper. The article said that Greta donated $120K "to the WHO Foundation to help purchase COVID-19 vaccines for countries where hey are needed - especially in poor countries." It is nice that at her young age she can have enough money in her piggy bank to dole out that kind of cash, and I assume still have plenty left over. That must be one heck of a piggy bank.  ;)

She also urged governments, vaccine developers and the world to "step up their game" to fight vaccine inequality after the richest countries snatched up most COVID-19 vaccine doses and those in poor nation have gone lacking, according to the article.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #34 on: April 20, 2021, 11:02:03 pm
Well she will be very well paid puppets always are, but l have no problem with the poor getting the vaccine we should be helping them, being made poor by western governments is not a crime we all have a right to live, these policies have a vile recollection of English doctors and the post code lottery they reside over and their discriminating practices. Not forgetting the Liverpool death pathway where people died years before their time, of course it's the GPs who really hold the death cards many have strange political ideologies. Leagally the death penalty does not exist but in reality it does you just go round the law.
« Last Edit: April 20, 2021, 11:18:19 pm by Karl Fenn »

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #35 on: April 21, 2021, 05:44:35 am
I just read about that in my newspaper. The article said that Greta donated $120K "to the WHO Foundation to help purchase COVID-19 vaccines for countries where hey are needed - especially in poor countries." It is nice that at her young age she can have enough money in her piggy bank to dole out that kind of cash, and I assume still have plenty left over. That must be one heck of a piggy bank.  ;)

She also urged governments, vaccine developers and the world to "step up their game" to fight vaccine inequality after the richest countries snatched up most COVID-19 vaccine doses and those in poor nation have gone lacking, according to the article.

Her immense contributions to society and the health of earths climat deserve a well earned compensation.  ;) ....To the swedish hunters of the ritch -> "STEP UP YOUR F"§$§"$ GAME".

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #36 on: April 21, 2021, 11:10:53 am
Well it's the same in the UK the rich feed on the misery of the poor, fact is vaccines are not very expensive to make anyway, many are dying by imposed sanctions they had nothing to do with anyway, or because their countries have been raped of resources, Greta must not be a greedy girl she must spend some of that puppet food not good for her image to become wealthy out of climate change because she will end up looking like car produces, or energy companies, jumping on the wealth creating bandwagon.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #37 on: April 21, 2021, 02:26:34 pm
Well it's the same in the UK the rich feed on the misery of the poor, fact is vaccines are not very expensive to make anyway, many are dying by imposed sanctions they had nothing to do with anyway, or because their countries have been raped of resources, Greta must not be a greedy girl she must spend some of that puppet food not good for her image to become wealthy out of climate change because she will end up looking like car produces, or energy companies, jumping on the wealth creating bandwagon.

According to an article that I have, the vaccine shots are a lot less expensive than I would have thought when compared with other types of more common vaccines. The retail prices for the various types of COVID-19 vaccines in the U.S. are as follows:  Moderna $25-37 per dose; Pfizer/BioNTech $19.50 per dose; Johnson & Johnson $10 per dose; AstraZeneca $25-37 per dose; Novavax $16 per dose. I wouldn't be surprised if they were less expensive in poorer countries.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #38 on: April 21, 2021, 02:38:37 pm
Well this is true just a few pounds in relality, but if they ignore the poor countries they will get more mutations and the virus will spread, of course bear in mind a lot of that is profit to private companies.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #39 on: April 21, 2021, 04:31:06 pm
I would expect to be handsomly compensated for taking that kind of a risk of taking a vaccine that has no history what so ever and all donwnside being downplayed and all medical staff voicing concerns being fired.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #40 on: April 21, 2021, 04:59:25 pm
Yes well the discipline here is extremely harsh silence is always maintained via fare, it works for them amazing what a bit of blackmail can do, it gets results, ask yourself who wants a life of depravity never being able to earn a shilling for the rest of your life, and living in sub standard conditions trying to feed your self on a pittance, yuk who wants to, rest assured they get the cooperation they want.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #41 on: April 21, 2021, 05:30:35 pm
Nope they don´t, it´s going to blow in their face.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #42 on: April 26, 2021, 05:58:42 am
Yes well the discipline here is extremely harsh silence is always maintained via fare, it works for them amazing what a bit of blackmail can do, it gets results, ask yourself who wants a life of depravity never being able to earn a shilling for the rest of your life, and living in sub standard conditions trying to feed your self on a pittance, yuk who wants to, rest assured they get the cooperation they want.

Well, it´s not about bunny hugging as he says.  ;D

https://youtu.be/j76bLc4jMP4

...it´s about building better, so maybe they should start distributing free showels in the parliament instead of ipads.  ::)
« Last Edit: April 26, 2021, 06:14:26 am by derottone »

Breaker Express

• Grease Monkey
  • Ocoee, FL USA
Reply #43 on: April 27, 2021, 01:01:44 am
I love this crap.
We went from cars to commies to covid.
This website is great. :P :P
2020 Baker Express

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #44 on: April 27, 2021, 06:44:38 am
I love this crap.
We went from cars to commies to covid.
This website is great. :P :P

https://www.theguardian.com/politics/2021/apr/26/pressure-mounts-on-boris-johnson-over-alleged-let-the-bodies-pile-high-remarks

...and digging apparently next. Good to have a Husqvuarna drill, vertikal holes are soo much more efficient.  ::)

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #45 on: May 03, 2021, 01:49:43 pm
Well what a state of none democratic affairs it all is, this all started with a handful of protesters changing the laws to the advantage of cash guzzling corporate government, then they claimed a tiny minority was democratic.

nicholastanguma

• Bulleteer
Reply #46 on: May 19, 2021, 10:52:44 pm
Owners will need to pay up to £650 just to drive their classic car once a week in London.

https://www.motorious.com/articles/news/london-sticks-classic-car-owners/

Nitrowing

• Grease Monkey
Reply #47 on: May 20, 2021, 12:41:03 am
Owners will need to pay up to £650 just to drive their classic car once a week in London.

https://www.motorious.com/articles/news/london-sticks-classic-car-owners/
They'd have more success charging people trying to leave London  ;D
Horrible city, horrible people.
No wonder we no longer have a motor industry

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #48 on: May 20, 2021, 06:47:42 am
They'd have more success charging people trying to leave London  ;D
Horrible city, horrible people.

The city is great, however the world loving other people's assets distributing politicos are f@#ed. They will own nothing and be happy about it, soon to be ruled by rajas and maharajahs and sheiks, explaining you that's all theirs. Like the orthodox in Sweden quote: "I'm Christian orthodox, all Christians countries are mine and I make the rules."

Not knowing a s@#it about the laws in that country but turning everyone else into "compliance vehicles". You may want to wear a shot gun soon there. Showel and Pickaxe to them,  may the "learning" finally begin. To be joined by their little Swedish oligarchs.
« Last Edit: May 20, 2021, 07:42:07 am by derottone »

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #49 on: May 20, 2021, 08:08:13 am
And their f@#ed technological gurus highly capable to differentiate between a prototype and a serial production item need largest pickaxe.  ;)

nicholastanguma

• Bulleteer
Reply #50 on: May 20, 2021, 12:50:01 pm
It does seem, however, that if one's vintage vehicle is sufficiently old it will be exempt.

https://www.classiccarsforsale.co.uk/blog/market-trends/historic-cars-win-exemption-in-ultra-low-emission-zone

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #51 on: May 20, 2021, 08:36:21 pm
Yes, I mentioned that back on 18th April.

A.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #52 on: May 22, 2021, 12:33:08 am
@ #29:
Pure, unadulterated Gibberish.
"Nazi Leftists" (Oxymoronic!).  "Greta's a paid shill" (An Asperger's girl interested in money at 17?). "a vaccine that has no history what so ever" ( :o except for nearly 1,600,000,000 administered so far...).
You boaz needs to bone up sum on hist'ry, not just pull stuff out of your collective a_ses. And maybe research a few actual, verifiable factoids instead of sketchily typing out pure gibbering opinion.
If you are serious about supporting a re-creation of 1934, you'll need a lot better grasp of facts than has been displayed so far.
Your "Greta" hysteria isn't helping your cause any, just displaying lots of unwarranted, unhealthy interest in an underage female. Try either going "back on the meds" or be a bit more discerning about documentation and clear, logical presentation. Now it's just tiresome spleen spew.

https://www.washingtonpost.com/outlook/2020/02/05/right-needs-stop-falsely-claiming-that-nazis-were-socialists/
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Nazism
https://www.nytimes.com/interactive/2021/world/covid-vaccinations-tracker.html
https://www.greenmatters.com/p/who-supports-greta-thunberg

What is Greta Thunberg's net worth?
Greta Thunberg’s estimated net worth is said to be around $1 million, according to HITC, but that number is unconfirmed at this time. Considering that she donates all of the money she makes, it's safe to say that racking up a high net worth is not on Thunberg's list of priorities.
What does Greta Thunberg do with her money?
Unsurprisingly, most of the money that Thunberg receives as a result of her many awards and donations, winds up going to charity. In fact, according to CNBC, the $103,000 that Thunberg received for winning the Right Livelihood Award, was recently used to launch her own nonprofit foundation. True to form, the sassy activist used her winnings to establish the Greta Thunberg Foundation, an organization that promotes ecological and social sustainability.
Interestingly enough, Thunberg's foundation also supports mental health issues. This is because Thunberg herself has dealt with bouts of depression and severe social anxiety at various points in her young life. Thunberg’s plan is to keep the foundation strictly nonprofit and transparent in its handling of any donations, prize money, or book royalties she receives as a result of her activism.

A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #53 on: May 22, 2021, 10:12:14 am
@ #29:
Interestingly enough, Thunberg's foundation also supports mental health issues. This is because Thunberg herself has dealt with bouts of depression and severe social anxiety at various points in her young life. Thunberg’s plan is to keep the foundation strictly nonprofit and transparent in its handling of any donations, prize money, or book royalties she receives as a result of her activism. [/font][/size][/color]

Gibberish, gibberish....where do all their "foundations" get money from? They extract it, by making everyone equally poor by confiscating their assets and they call it "helping people."

Here is the exact description how it's done, you just have to read through.

https://bynec5sla3hh477oienm233umm-ac5fdsxevxq4s5y-www-svt-se.translate.goog/nyheter/granskning/ug/ug-referens-the-scania-way

They have the remotely controlled "compliance" vehicles to do that job. I don't know the exact number of autistic people in that country but it's extremely high, a way to get a piece of the pie. They could equally well make that universal basic income for everyone atleast you would not need to talk all the time what kind of mental issue everyone has.

Like in this minister case above they take the children hostage and than release dirt in the media until they bleed that guys family dry. Highly ethical business, now there are only "children" in Sweden.

They apparently to the exact same thing with their suppliers, taking the "children" hostage which would be the engineers of that company extract the information and use it to blackmail the executives of the company.

You sure you would want to deal with that?
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 10:46:44 am by derottone »

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #54 on: May 22, 2021, 11:04:36 am
https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Peter_Madsen

...here an interesting case, he must have been psychopath (with $$$$). Who in his right mind would come up with the idea of building a submarine, until he snapped over.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #55 on: May 22, 2021, 03:18:46 pm
More of the same. Stringing words together in paranoid, sinister(ish) non sequiturs and unsubstantiated/undocumented sound bites. As far as "mental issues", we're all demonstrably screwed up to varying degrees, but the idea is to try not to burden others with our private internal B.S.; that's what facebook/Twitter/whatever is for. You are brilliant & analytical in many places on the Forum, I just don't know where that cogent guy goes here or why he's so determined to disappear down the rabbit hole.

" They have the remotely controlled "compliance" vehicles to do that job. I don't know the exact number of autistic people in that country but it's extremely high, a way to get a piece of the pie. They could equally well make that universal basic income for everyone at least you would not need to talk all the time what kind of mental issue everyone has. "
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #56 on: May 22, 2021, 03:22:55 pm
 ;D ...you need to go and see that place, full with stolen children.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 03:29:47 pm by derottone »

GlennF

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #57 on: May 22, 2021, 03:41:10 pm
In other news Norway is legislating that all internal Domestic flights must use fully electric aircraft by 2040 (19 years away).   Not sure about privately owned aircraft.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #58 on: May 22, 2021, 03:46:08 pm
In other news Norway is legislating that all internal Domestic flights must use fully electric aircraft by 2040 (19 years away).   Not sure about privately owned aircraft.

That comes down to "no" flights at all. The "Foundation" for the new society that lives in forests, rides a horse if wealthy enough, otherwise walks and collects roots and hunts rabbits.

Probably they believe the chinese are going to ship them cars and mobile phones, free of charge and god will let rain mana to eat, sorry Greta.
« Last Edit: May 22, 2021, 03:51:00 pm by derottone »

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #59 on: May 22, 2021, 05:10:20 pm
More dispiriting absurdity, you don't know and/or can't prove any of the general bleakness you put down anyway. 20 years out is a technical eternity. There are flying H2 and battery powered aircraft in the air right now, awaiting certification. As far as getting to the Nordic countries by other than air, how about traveling over the water on ships? There is dirt all the way to them thru Russia, so high speed rail or ordinary highway travel is possible. A "Chunnel" can always be made to happen from Germany or Denmark to Sweden, that's +60 year old tech but still valid. How about proposing solutions instead of perpetrating angst? What's the point of wallowing in hopelessness?
" That comes down to "no" flights at all. The "Foundation" for the new society that lives in forests, rides a horse if wealthy enough, otherwise walks and collects roots and hunts rabbits. Probably they believe the chinese are going to ship them cars and mobile phones, free of charge and god will let rain mana to eat, sorry Greta. "

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #60 on: May 22, 2021, 05:45:21 pm
Well, they want a for free solution, so I'm proposing it.  ;)

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #61 on: May 23, 2021, 08:30:43 am
More dispiriting absurdity, you don't know and/or can't prove any of the general bleakness you put down anyway. 20 years out is a technical eternity. There are flying H2 and battery powered aircraft in the air right now, awaiting certification. As far as getting to the Nordic countries by other than air, how about traveling over the water on ships? There is dirt all the way to them thru Russia, so high speed rail or ordinary highway travel is possible. A "Chunnel" can always be made to happen from Germany or Denmark to Sweden, that's +60 year old tech but still valid. How about proposing solutions instead of perpetrating angst? What's the point of wallowing in hopelessness?
" That comes down to "no" flights at all. The "Foundation" for the new society that lives in forests, rides a horse if wealthy enough, otherwise walks and collects roots and hunts rabbits. Probably they believe the chinese are going to ship them cars and mobile phones, free of charge and god will let rain mana to eat, sorry Greta. "

Who in his right mind would even want´t to go and visit that communist gheto in the nordic hemisphere? You wan´t your person and live to get improved beyond believe?

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #62 on: May 23, 2021, 04:04:22 pm
Nihilist - ni·hil·ist - /ˈnīələst,ˈnēəlist,ˈnihilist/
noun
a person who believes that life is meaningless and rejects all religious and moral principles.
"it is impossible to argue against a nihilist"
Similar: disbeliever, unbeliever, nonbeliever, skeptic, agnostic, atheist, nontheist, negativist, cynic, pessimist, anarchist
HISTORICAL
a supporter of an extreme Russian revolutionary party c. 1900 which found nothing to approve of in the established social order.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #63 on: May 23, 2021, 04:54:25 pm
That would be who, you?

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #64 on: May 23, 2021, 05:27:16 pm
More like the guy obsessing incessantly about " f@#ed Sweden and Greta" and how they are oppressing him even though he's changed countries, how everything is doomed to fail.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #65 on: May 23, 2021, 05:31:35 pm
More like the guy obsessing incessantly about " f@#ed Sweden and Greta" and how they are oppressing him even though he's changed countries, how everything is doomed to fail.

Well the good news is, that not much is doomed to fail anymore.  :)

However in Sweden the wheel doesn't work, that's correct. They don't have a market, only the sea.  ;D
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 05:56:28 pm by derottone »

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #66 on: May 23, 2021, 05:59:02 pm
Wow, you finally capitalized Sweden, that's a good first step. Here's some real info to build on:

https://www.britannica.com/place/Sweden

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #67 on: May 23, 2021, 07:40:22 pm
Wow, you finally capitalized Sweden, that's a good first step. Here's some real info to build on:

https://www.britannica.com/place/Sweden

Well, I had the history of Sweden pushed down the throat for a decade. I a nutshell "all" you need to know is that everything in that country runs accordingly to Gustav Vasas masterplan.

https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasa_(ship)

Richly decorated as a symbol of the king's ambitions for Sweden and himself, upon completion she was one of the most powerfully armed vessels in the world. However, Vasa was dangerously unstable, with too much weight in the upper structure of the hull. Despite this lack of stability, she was ordered to sea and foundered only a few minutes after encountering a wind stronger than a breeze.
« Last Edit: May 23, 2021, 07:51:26 pm by derottone »

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #68 on: May 24, 2021, 12:57:46 am
Seriously - you are going to cite 400 year old historical engineering to denigrate current Swedish technology? And reference a King dead 70 years before the Vasa was built to conflate him with that disaster? That's really scratching at the dim edge of reason for justification. Just let it go and move on, you don't need to do this anymore.

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Vasa_(ship)
Vasa (ship)
From Wikipedia, the free encyclopedia
Vasa
Vasa's port bow
History
Sweden
Laid down:   1626
Launched:   March 1627
Fate:   Sank in 1628, salvaged in 1961, currently a museum ship

General characteristics
Tonnage:   1210 tonnes displacement
Length:   
Sparred length: 69 m (226 ft)
Between perpendiculars 47.5 m (155.8 ft)
Beam:   11.7 m (38 ft)
Height:   52.5 m (172 ft)
Draft:   4.8 m (16 ft)
Propulsion:   Sails, 1,275 square m (13,720 sq ft)
Crew:   145 sailors, 300 soldiers
Armament:   
64 guns, including:
24-pounders—48
3-pounders—8
1-pounders—2
stormstycken (howitzers)—6
Notes:   Source for dimensions & tonnage[1]
Vasa or Wasa[a] (Swedish pronunciation: [²vɑːsa] (About this soundlisten)) is a Swedish warship built between 1626 and 1628. The ship foundered after sailing about 1,300 m (1,400 yd) into her maiden voyage on 10 August 1628. She fell into obscurity after most of her valuable bronze cannon were salvaged in the 17th century, until she was located again in the late 1950s in a busy shipping area in Stockholm harbor. The ship was salvaged with a largely intact hull in 1961. She was housed in a temporary museum called Wasavarvet ("The Vasa Shipyard") until 1988 and then moved permanently to the Vasa Museum in the Royal National City Park[2] in Stockholm. The ship is one of Sweden's most popular tourist attractions and has been seen by over 35 million visitors since 1961.[3] Since her recovery, Vasa has become a widely recognised symbol of the Swedish Empire.

The ship was built on the orders of the King of Sweden Gustavus Adolphus as part of the military expansion he initiated in a war with Poland-Lithuania (1621–1629). She was constructed at the navy yard in Stockholm under a contract with private entrepreneurs in 1626–1627 and armed primarily with bronze cannons cast in Stockholm specifically for the ship. Richly decorated as a symbol of the king's ambitions for Sweden and himself, upon completion she was one of the most powerfully armed vessels in the world. However, Vasa was dangerously unstable, with too much weight in the upper structure of the hull. Despite this lack of stability, she was ordered to sea and foundered only a few minutes after encountering a wind stronger than a breeze.

The order to sail was the result of a combination of factors. The king, who was leading the army in Poland at the time of her maiden voyage, was impatient to see her take up her station as flagship of the reserve squadron at Älvsnabben in the Stockholm Archipelago. At the same time the king's subordinates lacked the political courage to openly discuss the ship's problems or to have the maiden voyage postponed. An inquiry was organised by the Swedish Privy Council to find those responsible for the disaster, but in the end no one was punished.

During the 1961 recovery, thousands of artifacts and the remains of at least 15 people were found in and around Vasa's hull by marine archaeologists. Among the many items found were clothing, weapons, cannons, tools, coins, cutlery, food, drink and six of the ten sails. The artifacts and the ship herself have provided scholars with invaluable insights into details of naval warfare, shipbuilding techniques and everyday life in early 17th-century Sweden. Today Vasa is the world's best preserved 17th century ship and the most visited museum in Scandinavia.[4] The wreck of Vasa continually undergoes monitoring and further research on how to preserve her.[5]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustavus_Adolphus_of_Sweden
Gustavus Adolphus (19 December [O.S. 9 December] 1594 – 16 November [O.S. 6 November] 1632), also known in English as Gustav II Adolf or Gustav II Adolph,[1] was the King of Sweden from 1611 to 1632, and is credited for the rise of Sweden as a great European power (Swedish: Stormaktstiden). During his reign, Sweden became one of the primary military forces in Europe during the Thirty Years' War, helping to determine the political and religious balance of power in Europe. He was formally and posthumously given the name Gustavus Adolphus the Great (Swedish: Gustav Adolf den store; Latin: Gustavus Adolphus Magnus) by the Riksdag of the Estates in 1634.[2][3][4]

He is often regarded as one of the greatest military commanders in modern history, with use of an early form of combined arms.[5] His most notable military victory was the Battle of Breitenfeld (1631). With his resources, logistics, and support, Gustavus Adolphus was positioned to become a major European leader,[6] but he was killed a year later at the Battle of Lützen (1632). He was assisted in his efforts by Count Axel Oxenstierna, the Lord High Chancellor of Sweden, who also acted as regent after his death.

Gustavus Adolphus inherited three simultaneous and ongoing wars of his father at the age of sixteen. Two of these were border wars with Russia and Denmark, and a more personal war (at least for his father) with Gustavus' first cousin, King Sigismund III Vasa of Poland.[7] Of these three wars that were passed onto his rule, the Danish war was the most acute one.[8] During his reign, Sweden rose from the status of a Baltic Sea basin regional power to one of the great powers of Europe and a model of early modern era government.[citation needed] Gustavus Adolphus is known as the "father of modern warfare",[9] or the first modern general. He taught a number of other military commanders, such as Lennart Torstensson, who would go on to expand the boundaries and the power of Swedish Empire after Gustavus Adolphus's death. Spoils meant he became a successful bookraider in Europe, targeting Jesuit collections.[10]

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Gustav_I_of_Sweden
Gustav I, born Gustav Eriksson of the Vasa noble family and later known as Gustav Vasa (12 May 1496[1] – 29 September 1560), was King of Sweden from 1523 until his death in 1560,[2] previously self-recognised Protector of the Realm (Riksföreståndare) from 1521, during the ongoing Swedish War of Liberation against King Christian II of Denmark, Norway and Sweden. Gustav rose to lead the rebel movement following the Stockholm Bloodbath, where his father was executed. Gustav's election as king on 6 June 1523 and his triumphant entry into Stockholm eleven days later marked Sweden's final secession from the Kalmar Union.[3]

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #69 on: May 24, 2021, 01:37:38 am
Well, that certainly was an interesting piece of historical research. Not something that was ever taught in my high school European history classes (that I can recall).

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #70 on: May 24, 2021, 02:54:26 am
I'm still puzzled as to why someone would declare those events & people as precisely defining the present operating model of Sweden. 500 years is a looong time...even the Magna Carta was just a stepping stone 800 years later.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #71 on: May 24, 2021, 07:34:15 am
I'm still puzzled as to why someone would declare those events & people as precisely defining the present operating model of Sweden. 500 years is a looong time...even the Magna Carta was just a stepping stone 800 years later.

Why, why...because that's how they plan. They plan to fail projects, they fail it purposely so that it gets transferred to the next guy who doesn't know anything about it, so he or that team gets f@##ed out again by someone next.The worst that can happen is if the project becomes actually successful because your reward will be a monsterfu#k (you will be told how expensive everything was, that it doesn't work and how the whole world contributed to it - after everyone involved had enough they go on and market it), everyone is supposed to earn the same, that complies to their basic ideology of equality. All results land in the end in the hands of that oligarchy there.

Something you may favour. Reality is a nightmare for anyone that does some work and supposedly a dream like social benefits which the oligarchs purposefully push a lot of money into so that the beneficiaries can clamp down the foot on the productive people even harder (pointless jobs supposedly to help everyone to succeed). Now they are partially locked down like in Concentration camps, "Arbeit macht Frei"

I see your experience with commies is limited. So if you live there you better trust in "God & Gold".
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 08:10:26 am by derottone »

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #72 on: May 24, 2021, 09:25:10 am
So your real issue is with human nature, especially as found in the corporate universe. That never changes regardless of time or location. After Glasnost (гла́сность), mostly the same Party folks running the factories for the CCCP became the "managers" for the new owners. The way large corporations run is very much the same as the Communist Party operates, for most of the same reasons. When "management" gets too far from the "process", the intermediaries create rationales for their existence. On the "tools" end that means much time is spent by middle management proving how useless YOU are and how essential THEY are. And like talking to a cop, their opinion usually carries the day.
One of my favorite discoveries was the Russian word "blat" (блат), "a form of corruption which is the system of informal agreements, exchanges of services, connections, Party contacts, or black market deals to achieve results or get ahead". This "Commie term" described perfectly the system of intradepartmental favors we used to get things done within the company. If we needed supplies that were unavailable to our shop thru the warehouse, we "traded" work or other supplies for them with other shops, sort of a "black market of favors". As long as the work got done everyone was happy, from the Corporate bean counters down to the janitorial people. We even had our own "Gulags" that folks were transferred to for pissing off the wrong people in an "unfireable" way.
" They plan to fail projects, they fail it purposely so that it gets transferred to the next guy who doesn't know anything about it, so he or that team gets f@##ed out again by someone next. " That's not accurate - they plan to optimize return to the shareholders, and if that includes taking on a subsidized project in an inefficient manner and milking it until the money runs out, so be it. Mostly the "60% shareholders" coincidentally turn out to be members of the Board of Directors.
So most of your railing & clothing tearing against Sweden is in reality just human nature as filtered thru a bureaucracy that happened to be in Sweden. Little of what happened is unique to you, and a great many of us have come to some grief under remarkably similar conditions. Sweden has no hammerlock on bureaucracy or "company man" martinets. The "company men" correlate closely to the zampolit or zhengwei as far as their effect in a corporate ecology. The good news is that you aren't there anymore, I'm not there anymore, a whole bunch or us aren't there anymore, so let's move on, OK?
https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Political_commissar#:~:text=In%20the%20military%2C%20a%20political,political%20education%20(ideology)%20and%20organization
Russian: "...either the military commander joined the Communist Party and became his unit’s political officer, or a pompolit {alternate: zampolit} (Russian: помполит, assistant commander for political work) officer was commissioned sub-ordinate to him. "
China: " The position of political commissar (zhengwei, Chinese: 政治委员, 政委) also exists in the People's Liberation Army of China. Usually, the political commissar is a uniformed military officer and Communist Party cadre, although this position has been used to give civilian party officials some experience with the military. The political commissar was head of a party cell within the military. "

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #73 on: May 24, 2021, 01:43:17 pm
Accepting defeat by commies is not an option.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #74 on: May 24, 2021, 02:32:10 pm
My favorite cartoon is Dilbert.  ;D  For years I used to cut out those cartoons and pass them around our planning/building and engineering office and everyone always would get a good laugh out of the cartoons and would say that what was in the cartoon was exactly like what would be happening in our offices.  ;D  It was like Scott Adams worked in our building, which he sort of did, having gotten his inspirations from working in a Pacific Bell telephone engineering office.  ;)

Like AzCal Retired says, human nature is the same everywhere, be it the corporate or political environment.  Stomp on the little guy to cover up your own failings.

In the city that I used to work at we had a tough-acting assistant city manager by the name of Pat. It was her job to go down to our offices and to find someone to blame for something that was done that the city fathers (and mothers) didn't like, even if no one in our office had anything to do with the decision, other than being told to do it by the city manager's office. We would call that a "Pat Attack". But I was always prepared when that happened. I always kept written documentation detailing when and who told me to do something and after getting her accusations thrown back in her face, she would leave me alone and go attack someone else who was not as paranoid and as prepared as I was.  ;D

Nitrowing

• Grease Monkey
Reply #75 on: May 24, 2021, 02:56:21 pm
I was always prepared when that happened. I always kept written documentation detailing when and who told me to do something and after getting her accusations thrown back in her face, she would leave me alone and go attack someone else who was not as paranoid and as prepared as I was.  ;D
Yup, I won't move my skinny ass unless there's an email ordering me to!
No wonder we no longer have a motor industry

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #76 on: May 24, 2021, 02:58:21 pm
I'm may not be as paranoid as Richard320, in general I have a tendency to trust people however if it gets as far it gets in the Swedish "ghetto" sometimes that you basically can't trust anyone than no amount of paranoia may save the day. And they deliberately destroy trust, it starts with the vague employment contracts and goes on and on through the whole system, a contract is no contract so to say.
« Last Edit: May 24, 2021, 03:03:13 pm by derottone »

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #77 on: May 24, 2021, 05:47:31 pm
" Accepting defeat by commies is not an option. "
" I'm may not be as paranoid as Richard320, in general I have a tendency to trust people however if it gets as far it gets in the Swedish "ghetto" sometimes that you basically can't trust anyone than no amount of paranoia may save the day. And they deliberately destroy trust, it starts with the vague employment contracts and goes on and on through the whole system, a contract is no contract so to say. "

What you are doing is using all of us here as whipping boys for your personal psychodrama. You clearly understand that you are not the only person affected by "corporate-itis", yet you go banging endlessly on about your "trauma"; everything somehow circles back to your favorite topic, how you were wronged in a corporate milleau. Welcome to the F@C#1N& club. That behaviour says clearly you don't really have any consideration for your affect on others. That says Asperger's, loud & clear. Again, "Welcome to the F@C#1N& club". The ability to focus deeply & meaningfully on a technical subject has great utilitarian value to a company, even if they don't openly acknowledge it. I worked with a guy that single-handedly automated an entire 1000 MW powerplant using off-the-shelf PLC's & doing the programming himself. He had an 8th grade education and educated himself through the manufactures component instruction bulletins. All this happened at an up-front cost to the Company of $200,000, not the $10,000,000 as bid by an outside contractor. His reward? He got to keep his job. Another co-worker developed a chemical process using normal plant waste streams reintroduced back into the waste treatment process to save the company $1,000,000 yearly in treatment chemical outlay - he got a one time bonus of $8,000 and kept his job.
Richard230's tale was all too familiar to us all, yet you don't see him haranguing us daily with "tales of horror". Abuse & exploitation didn't start with you. These daily barrages aren't entertaining for anyone else outside your own skin. Such behaviour is OK in Facebook or similar venues, but this is a forum of likeminded participants, not a random echo-chamber ghetto. We value your experience around the core subject matter, but a steady diet of it is just abusive & exploitative. Enough about Sweden and your misspent youth. Use such tales sparingly to illustrate, not obfuscate.

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #78 on: May 24, 2021, 06:36:04 pm
" Accepting defeat by commies is not an option. "
" I'm may not be as paranoid as Richard320, in general I have a tendency to trust people however if it gets as far it gets in the Swedish "ghetto" sometimes that you basically can't trust anyone than no amount of paranoia may save the day. And they deliberately destroy trust, it starts with the vague employment contracts and goes on and on through the whole system, a contract is no contract so to say. "

What you are doing is using all of us here as whipping boys for your personal psychodrama. You clearly understand that you are not the only person affected by "corporate-itis", yet you go banging endlessly on about your "trauma"; everything somehow circles back to your favorite topic, how you were wronged in a corporate milleau. Welcome to the F@C#1N& club. That behaviour says clearly you don't really have any consideration for your affect on others. That says Asperger's, loud & clear. Again, "Welcome to the F@C#1N& club". The ability to focus deeply & meaningfully on a technical subject has great utilitarian value to a company, even if they don't openly acknowledge it. I worked with a guy that single-handedly automated an entire 1000 MW powerplant using off-the-shelf PLC's & doing the programming himself. He had an 8th grade education and educated himself through the manufactures component instruction bulletins. All this happened at an up-front cost to the Company of $200,000, not the $10,000,000 as bid by an outside contractor. His reward? He got to keep his job. Another co-worker developed a chemical process using normal plant waste streams reintroduced back into the waste treatment process to save the company $1,000,000 yearly in treatment chemical outlay - he got a one time bonus of $8,000 and kept his job.
Richard230's tale was all too familiar to us all, yet you don't see him haranguing us daily with "tales of horror". Abuse & exploitation didn't start with you. These daily barrages aren't entertaining for anyone else outside your own skin. Such behaviour is OK in Facebook or similar venues, but this is a forum of likeminded participants, not a random echo-chamber ghetto. We value your experience around the core subject matter, but a steady diet of it is just abusive & exploitative. Enough about Sweden and your misspent youth. Use such tales sparingly to illustrate, not obfuscate.

Nicely put. I worked with a guy that invented a Squirrel Guard device that kept Squirrels from entering transformers and chewing the wires, which was bad for them and us. His device saved the company and the consumers millions. He got an award of $125.00 dollars, a nice company paid for lunch for his department and an attaboy certificate. Eventually he got promoted to line foreman and retired happily ever after.

The world is what it is, you can either learn to deal with things as they are, figure out a way to change them, or spend your whole life whining about how mistreated you are. The choice is yours.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #79 on: May 24, 2021, 06:59:18 pm
Forget money, it's the environment that's the issue and the vaxxing. Now that shall be it, I'm bored of the subject too.