Author Topic: The Future  (Read 4715 times)

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #15 on: April 15, 2021, 10:46:46 pm
What in gods name happened to that one his face looks as if it's been sat on by an elephant.

GravyDavy

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #16 on: April 16, 2021, 12:43:55 am
I didn't realize I had stumbled into the uncontrolled paranoia forum.

I think I'll wander around and look for motorcycle content.

olhogrider

• Classic 350 Desert Sand
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Blue Ridge Mountains of NC
Reply #17 on: April 16, 2021, 01:44:46 am
CAMPFIRE FORUM. Post whatever nonsense you want in there. This is the 650 forum. GTFO

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #18 on: April 16, 2021, 01:45:33 am
Deleted, I'll repost my comments when/if this gets moved to the Campfire forum.
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 01:53:11 am by zimmemr »

Jack Straw

• LAUGH MORE, LIVE LONGER
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Prescott, Arizona
Reply #19 on: April 16, 2021, 02:03:15 am
Well, spank my monkey,  I'll try and do better.....in the future :D

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #20 on: April 16, 2021, 12:16:26 pm
Yes folks the best is yet to come, they have been eating away at your civil liberties like rats for decades but with all these stealth laws people just don't realise it, l guess simple Karen just lives in a detached world of make believe.They like slipping in these laws under the cover of darkness that way people don't realise what has hit them until it's to late, first thing that hits you is when you are up before some dodgy judge who gives the apparence he has been transported from the 1800s, muttering something under his breath like these blasted underlings.

Blazingatom

• Grease Monkey
Reply #21 on: April 16, 2021, 12:24:00 pm
Honestly it doesn’t bother me hugely, very rarely do I pass 77mph on the gt. if I had a super sports sure but the RE does the magic trick of feeling like it’s travelling faster than it is
Military Aircraft Engineer rotarywing and fast jet
Current bike: Conti GT 650
Previous bikes: Aprilia RS50, Cagiva Mito Evo, zx7r, TL1000r featured in PB, zx6r, Fireblade

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #22 on: April 16, 2021, 01:54:09 pm
Oh there will be more to come, you seem to be one of those people who don't care as long as it does not effect me, but you happily tolerate organised government criminals at work.

Rick Dangerous

• Bulleteer
  • I like to move it move it.
Reply #23 on: April 16, 2021, 02:48:33 pm
The decades ahead will be interesting for motorcyclists for sure.

With everyone being forced to move over to electric cars by government regulation first in Europe (rapidly) and then in NA (more slowly, but it will still happen) you wonder if there won't be another push to make bikes illegal (it's been discussed in the past, don't laugh) or at the very least make any ICE or older bikes illegal.

The prospect of freedom for the average citizen is indeed looking dim.  Sure; people will be free to work, pay their bills, and buy electronic gadgets, but real freedom to explore, ride bikes and atvs, have fun, shoot guns, blow up some fireworks, have a campfire, drink alcohol, smoke a stogie, etc.  We can't have the average citizen do that; it's bad for your health, dangerous.  How are you supposed to work and pay taxes and fees if you are dead?  Nope; best to keep everyone safe in their homes, on social media or watching the streaming services.
Past Bikes: Ducati, Kawasaki's, Triumph's  Current: 2020 Royal Enfield INT650 Baker Express

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #24 on: April 16, 2021, 02:53:03 pm
Deleted, I'll repost my comments when/if this gets moved to the Campfire forum.

When you're right you're right. There's nothing much "650-specific" here, so I'm taking your advice and punting this thread towards the Campfire.

And by the way, that grumpy-looking long-faced dude's actually a lady named Mary Ann Bevan. See: https://en.m.wikipedia.org/wiki/Mary_Ann_Bevan
« Last Edit: April 16, 2021, 02:57:02 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #25 on: April 16, 2021, 03:20:12 pm
Do you see hydrogen-powered vehicles in your future? This guy doesn't think so:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b88v-WvqzeQ
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #26 on: April 16, 2021, 03:33:30 pm
Do you see hydrogen-powered vehicles in your future? This guy doesn't think so:  https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=b88v-WvqzeQ

Whenever I hear hydrogen car, I´ve got to think of this Crack Pot Head. Even in the clip he looks pretty stoned.

https://youtu.be/TjfONpsFvyM

TrianglePete

• Bulleteer
  • U.S. Spec RE parts & THE FIN intake.
Reply #27 on: April 16, 2021, 03:52:49 pm
Our Bikes will be the last to go.

Plus we can make our own fuel when gasoline is gone.

AND DRINK IT..........

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #28 on: April 16, 2021, 04:04:41 pm
This kind of crap makes me glad I'm old.
https://www.rideapart.com/news/501081/mandatory-speed-trackers-proposed-UK/

Under the tag of "same but different." Yesterday the city of New Haven, Connecticut, decide to crack down on the "hordes" (my quote) of off-road bikes and ATV's being ridden on the Elm City's streets. In itself that's not a bad plan. Gangs of kids wheeling their MX bikes and ATV's through city streets have become a real problem in some of Connecticut's larger cities, namely New Haven and Bridgeport. The kids are pretty reckless and I've counted at least 30 in my one run in with them. Part of the problem is that there is only one free legal off road riding area in CT, and it's only open on a part time basis, subject to the whims of the Army Corp of Engineers, but that's a separate issue.

New Haven's new rules allow for very heavy fines for both the operator and the passenger and can include confiscation and the crushing of the bike or ATV. While the new laws are draconian, they are an understandable knee jerk reaction to the problem, and I don't have any real issue it with it.

However the law also allows the cops to ticket and fine ANY gas station that sells gas to anyone on an unregistered bike. Presumably that means on one that's ridden to the station, as opposed to trailered or in a pick up bed, but it's not spelled out, at least not in anything I've been able to find. More importantly Connecticut gas stations are all self service, and the majority are set up as a combination gas stop/ convenience store with clerks that never leave the store. So what happens when 10, 10 or 30 guys pull up and the only one working the register is some high school kid?
Is he or she expected to run out and stop them from pumping gas? Even if they call 911 the crew will be long gone before the cops get there.

This seems like a terrible precedent to me, especially when there are already laws on the books that cover reckless riding and unregistered motor vehicles. 

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #29 on: April 16, 2021, 04:14:47 pm
This issue has deep roots and is to 100% the government fault by putting itself at the place of parents. First deluding the kids by free shit and by doing so degrading the authority of their parents. Now as the flipside of the coin they are going to discipline them with another sort of pervert means.