Author Topic: Meteor 350 launch video  (Read 8814 times)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #30 on: November 15, 2020, 08:32:04 pm
I'd like to follow along on the "Adventure Scooter Performance Test" trail ride on a stone stock 80's or 90's era 200-250 dual purpose. Ear plugs would be a necessity to block out the whinging. For a defibrillator we always have the time honored "Hold this plug lead in your teeth, put your hand on the frame, hold reeel still whilst I kick 'Ol Betsy over a few times..." method. I'm guessing that after those scooters cartwheel into a sand wash spraying bits of colorful plastic around, it'll be time to go back to the Gila Bend Hilton and rethink the entire project...
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #31 on: November 16, 2020, 06:05:47 am
I know for a fact that the thing to do when your Corona ends is to open up a Negra Modelo and have another ceviche taco - words to live by!

You are quite an optimist. Hopefully soon....
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 06:27:37 am by derottone »

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #32 on: November 16, 2020, 09:05:32 am
   RE doesn't create the market, they're reacting to it. Apparently their home market is the bulk of sales, so IF they read that one right they'll continue to grow. Meanwhile, I'll continue to polish & putt about on my new-to-me 1999, '40's era dinosaur with it's 50 year long supply line full of spares! - ACR -

So who or what does create the marekt? The market for vaccines and masks has grown to an unholy unnatural degree imho. I'm not a big fan of the create a problem so you can sell the solution method.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 09:39:44 am by derottone »

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #33 on: November 16, 2020, 01:54:41 pm
So who or what does create the marekt? The market for vaccines and masks has grown to an unholy unnatural degree imho. I'm not a big fan of the create a problem so you can sell the solution method.

But many governments are, helped along by the commercial news media, of course.  ::)
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #34 on: November 16, 2020, 04:20:03 pm
Meteor 350 launch video
https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=vbIpO3yMkyQ

Thanks for the tip, Warwick! Though I'm still put off by their shameless coopting of the well-known "Fireball" moniker for the entry-level submodels of their new Meteor line, that's a nice enough looking bike, I suppose. At least it still LOOKS like a motorcycle ought to my old eyes. And they really had to come up with SOMETHING to conform to the new and forthcoming stricter emissions regs, what with India having already basically leapfrogged BS5 straight into BS6 (comparable to EU6), with even tougher standards sure to come.

At the 2.7 Lakh (about $2,300) mentioned in that film, the Meteor should do well in its ultra-price-conscious home market against its slightly more costly new targeted competitor, the Honda CB350 H'Ness, which comes in at about 2.9 Lakh (about $2,600).

As for the film itself, while I can never tire of a watching a Welshman tear-assing around those byways and highways of Cymru (see: https://www.youtube.com/channel/UCcxcOWPcVIykzWG_lqWuRWg), it was sort of a peculiar location to choose for this launch film, otherwise so clearly intended for their Indian home market. Maybe Sid was just thereabouts anyhow. Also, was anyone else a bit distracted by something throughout his segment?...

So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #35 on: November 16, 2020, 04:24:27 pm
>>> So who or what does create the marekt? The market for vaccines and masks has grown to an unholy unnatural degree imho. I'm not a big fan of the create a problem so you can sell the solution method. <<<

It's pretty obvious that large Business interests (those guys with the money) hire Advertising firms to create & accentuate demand for products. Also, the Guys With Money have an outsize influence over Congressional Lawmakers, those folks that write the rules for the rest of us. This trend has existed for a very long time.

Practical examples include not being able to get to the airports by train or tram in most of the USA, not being able to purchase the lovely $20K AWD 45 - 60 MPG fuel sipping diesel cars sold by Ford/GM/Toyota/etc. in Europe whilst having utterly no issues buying a $60-80K $15 MPG diesel pickup or $40K hybrid.

Peoples needs & inclinations are guided via advertising, and now "social media", to maximize corporate profits. That's a long & hallowed American tradition. It's the Golden Rule in action: " Them what has the Gold makes the Rules".
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Mad4Bullets

• Grease Monkey
  • 2014 Classic 500
Reply #36 on: November 16, 2020, 04:27:19 pm
A bit distracted?!!!

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #37 on: November 16, 2020, 04:30:37 pm
A Meteor for 2.7 Lakh/$2300 is pretty frugal. Even if it is $3500 here that'll help them fly off the shelves. Should be a big aftermarket speed part cottage industry springing up at those prices.

ace.cafe

• Grand Gearhead
  • World leaders in performance/racing Bullets
Reply #38 on: November 16, 2020, 04:53:02 pm
A Meteor for 2.7 Lakh/$2300 is pretty frugal. Even if it is $3500 here that'll help them fly off the shelves. Should be a big aftermarket speed part cottage industry springing up at those prices.
Not from me.
Home of the Fireball 535 !

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #39 on: November 16, 2020, 06:16:38 pm
But many governments are, helped along by the commercial news media, of course.  ::)

::) ...can't say that I would have never done anything similar, but it might be a good idea to have a practicable solution in the backhand.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #40 on: November 16, 2020, 06:18:26 pm

Since France is going to get the Meteor indicates to me that it's became an emerging market.  ;)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #41 on: November 16, 2020, 06:46:17 pm
I liked France - the food was excellent everywhere and they drove on the CORRECT side of the macadamized roadways. They also have an inordinate fondness for the Pre-Unit Bullet there. The countryside has small & medium sized fields bordered by trees & hedgerows, maybe 10' - 20' wide, 12' - 20' tall. These serve to control wind evaporative moisture losses from the soil and provide wildlife habitat. I had zero food allergies or illnesses during our 2 weeks there, none. Until I got back to the good 'ol USA where Cheap food = Good food. They are doing something right.
« Last Edit: November 16, 2020, 06:54:42 pm by AzCal Retred »

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #42 on: November 16, 2020, 06:59:19 pm
I know for a fact that the thing to do when your Corona ends is to open up a Negra Modelo and have another ceviche taco - words to live by!

Until that time comes I'm enjoying this one. Tastes better than the Fireball, not as sweet and with a flavour of coffee arabica instead of cinnamon.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #43 on: November 16, 2020, 07:23:06 pm
Seems a prudent time to imbibe a tasty & germ-killing mixture! I'd like to try the "Crystal Skull Onyx" myself, but the $55 per 750ml is off putting. I'm sticking with low-buck Armagnac and Bushmills for now.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #44 on: November 16, 2020, 08:22:31 pm
I liked France - the food was excellent everywhere and they drove on the CORRECT side of the macadamized roadways. They also have an inordinate fondness for the Pre-Unit Bullet there. The countryside has small & medium sized fields bordered by trees & hedgerows, maybe 10' - 20' wide, 12' - 20' tall. These serve to control wind evaporative moisture losses from the soil and provide wildlife habitat. I had zero food allergies or illnesses during our 2 weeks there, none. Until I got back to the good 'ol USA where Cheap food = Good food. They are doing something right.

You definitely want to have a good local food supply of un-tuned vegetables and meat. Except of Argentinian Steaks, those should be exported everywhere they can afford it. The commies over there must be doing something right too. A good Argentina Steak and couple of shorts of that "Republica" liqueur and you may feel as good as a global overlord including the rude awakening.  ;D