Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
650 Interceptor & Continental GT / Re: Question about stock tires
« Last Post by ryguy76 on Today at 11:34:34 pm »
By the way the BT46s I have are the same size as what you mentioned

Bridgestone doesn’t seem to offer the front 110/80/18 in an H type.  Did you buy a rear H or get the V to match the front?  I don’t suppose it really matters as the tread should be the same and they are both overkill for this bike for speed rating.
Bullet Iron Barrel / Re: Electrical issues
« Last Post by stinkwheel on Today at 10:40:40 pm »
Double check you connected the battery and the starter solenoid posts the right way round.
Well that’s me fooled then. Not for the first time 😂😂

Hey, I read that post like 10x to see what I was missing...at that point I said fuggit!
Maybe it's not the same, but I quit  ;D
Campfire Talk / Re: ישראל כחזית השלישית
« Last Post by Richard230 on Today at 10:33:07 pm »
Nobody else is talking Red Sea news today. The Indian Navy is in the thick of it.

Houthis Planning Big Action Amid Iran-Israel Tension? 'Indian Ocean, Red Sea, Arab Sea' Call Issued
Hindustan Times; 24 April 2024

https://www.youtube.com/watch?v=6_qkVY9jQYk

Yemen's Houthis have called for an escalation in operations against vessels linked to Israel. The group reportedly issued a statement after the discovery of alleged mass graves in Khan Younis. In the statement, Houthis cited the "brutal massacre" of Palestinians in Khan Younis. The Houthi rebels have been attacking ships in the Red Sea since November 2023 to oppose Israel's war on Gaza.

The TV news said yesterday that the Israelis claimed that the bodies were already buried when they found them. They then dug them up to see if they were any Israeli citizens, hostages, or army personnel. Once they didn't find anything interesting they buried them back in the graves where they found them.
Campfire Talk / Re: E-Bike developments
« Last Post by Richard230 on Today at 10:29:20 pm »
"They are also considering some other requirements, but I can't recall what they are."
Pretty sure those will be use taxes  ;)

Don't forget yearly registration fees and safety inspection fees.  ::)
Campfire Talk / Re: Україна і Родина
« Last Post by Richard230 on Today at 10:28:10 pm »
Putin and his cronies are not happy.  ;D
Bullet Iron Barrel / Electrical issues
« Last Post by Chillywilly184 on Today at 10:15:12 pm »
Hey guys I’ve been working on my dads bike, I replaced the sprag clutch now I’m having a weird electrical issue that I can only assume I caused. So I went to try to electric start it and it doesn’t seem to have the juice to turn it over fast enough (new battery and starter solenoid) but when I let off the starter it continues to try to start even if I take the key out. Luckily I was able to disconnect the battery before a fire. I also found a wiring connection that I can’t find what it’s supposed to go to, it is in the compartment with starter relay it has 5 wires (yellow, black, orange, red/blue, red/white. From the wiring diagram I think it may be the auto start cutoff which I don’t remember removing but Im not entirely sure. Any help is appreciated thank you.
Royal Enfield News / Re: April 2024 Launch
« Last Post by deadbat on Today at 10:12:29 pm »
I've seen somewhere that RE was testing 650 scrambler which would suggest that they may want to also add 650 classic somewhere down the line. This would make sense for North America and Europe.
« Last Post by deadbat on Today at 10:05:01 pm »
I have the same experience. I am one who thought the stock CEATs are ok to wear out but at 3 years and 6,000km there is a noticeable degradation in grip and feel just in the last few hundred kms or so.  Part of it will be squaring off as the profile changes but the other day while having a reasonably brisk but not super fast (I’m an ex racer) hustle through the twisties I was getting little rear wheel slides as I applied the power. My conclusion is just that the compound has hardened a little. I have a set of BT46s which I will put on now rather than wait any longer. I did notice that the tire tread depth is quite low in the centre grove but fine elsewhere which is a little weird. I am definitely going a little slower through the turns now than when the tires were new. By the way the BT46s I have are the same size as what you mentioned

Same here, still on the stock CEATs and managed 9000 miles on them. Front still have a litlle bit of life left, but the rear is on the limit. Guys here seem to rate Avon Roadrider MK2s, Bridgestone BT46s and Michelin Road Classics.
« Last Post by whippers on Today at 09:51:49 pm »
Hey all…

It’s my 3rd season with my Interceptor and I only have just over 3000km on my bike. 

I’ve noticed myself losing confidence in the stock tires and can’t wrap my head around what might have changed.

Imperfections in the road, especially ones that are parallel to the line of travel have always caused my bike to move laterally beneath me in ways that feel similar to turning with tar snakes on the road.  That doesn’t bother me much though.

What has me weirded out is my back tire sometimes feels like it’s sliding out slightly when I accelerate out of a turn. 

Perhaps it’s because there might still be debris on my local roads that hasn’t been swept up by street sweepers yet as it’s still early in the riding season in my area. 

I checked my tire pressure recently and adjusted to 32PSI in the front and 36PSI in the rear to remove that from the equation.

Anything else that could be causing this somewhat new lack of confidence in my stock tires?  Just wondering if swapping the tires is the best strategy or if there might be something else at play here as I don’t really ride that hard so would be a shame to have to replace stock tires before they wear enough to warrant the upgrade.

Thoughts?
I have the same experience. I am one who thought the stock CEATs are ok to wear out but at 3 years and 6,000km there is a noticeable degradation in grip and feel just in the last few hundred kms or so.  Part of it will be squaring off as the profile changes but the other day while having a reasonably brisk but not super fast (I’m an ex racer) hustle through the twisties I was getting little rear wheel slides as I applied the power. My conclusion is just that the compound has hardened a little. I have a set of BT46s which I will put on now rather than wait any longer. I did notice that the tire tread depth is quite low in the centre grove but fine elsewhere which is a little weird. I am definitely going a little slower through the turns now than when the tires were new. By the way the BT46s I have are the same size as what you mentioned
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10