Author Topic: What did you do to your Royal Enfield today?  (Read 1855588 times)

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7290 on: November 15, 2017, 08:14:12 pm
Ah, finally managed to log on to the forum. apparently my session had times out. Anyway. I can't remember when I last cleaned the bottom piston out. Might have been early this year. I didn't use a new seal then or how long the brake stayed good for. Not long probably. Which has meant I learned to live with it and rode accordingly. Braking in now has a lot more feel. I don't think it will lock up though. I have a set of new pads waiting but these have quite a bit of life left for the moment.

I might even treat them to one of those fancy braided lines once the time comes  :)

I've also taken the screen off again. A couple of windy days has made it too noisy and I can never seem to find the sweet spot even if it's not. I may try to make a smaller one out of it and see if I can make a clip mount similar to the headlight peak. Or sell it. I don't fancy shelling the cost of the smaller fly screen that's available.

wildbill

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7291 on: November 15, 2017, 11:21:58 pm
but that Hitchcock's flyscreen really works well...I tell ya!

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
  • Rebelling Against The Rebels
Reply #7292 on: November 16, 2017, 03:04:15 am
Took the Rumbler in for an oil change today.  I'd rather do it myself, but disposing of used oil around here can be complicated so usually opt for the dealer doing it - which turns out to be a good thing.  They've kept records on the bike since it was new and when I asked the mechanic about a new knocking sound that started on my trip last week he fired it up and said "That's your connecting rod"  :o Then, "Don't worry, the company will cover it."  Turns out they've been having problems with some 2015 500 CC UCE engines and are doing a rebuild even though they're not under warranty.  They pick up the parts tab, the customer foots the labor.  So for around $150 US I should be getting my engine rebuilt around the first of next month.  So the oil DIDN'T get changed today after all...
Paul

2015 Royal Enfield Rumbler 500

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #7293 on: November 16, 2017, 04:59:06 pm
Ah, finally managed to log on to the forum. apparently my session had times out.

This happened to a lot of us for a couple days.

And a lot of the Left margin stuff is still missing.

It can be complicated sometimes running these websites. This one runs really well actually.
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

hpwaco

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7294 on: November 16, 2017, 07:24:09 pm
Session time out - couldn't log in.  Had the same problem a couple of days ago.  Now magically all better.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7295 on: November 16, 2017, 07:44:21 pm
Session time out - couldn't log in.  Had the same problem a couple of days ago.  Now magically all better.

The same thing happened to me.  I finally managed to log in and set my log-in time for "forever". No more problems.  :)
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Carlsberg Wordsworth

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7296 on: November 16, 2017, 08:47:50 pm
This is rapidly turning into the 'What did you do to your Royal Enfield Forum today' lol

Password reset fixed it for me.

Arizoni

• Grand Gearhead
  • "But it's a dry heat here in Arizona
Reply #7297 on: November 16, 2017, 09:24:12 pm
Well, I really didn't do anything to my Royal Enfield but ride it but, I did buy myself a new helmet.

I've been wearing a HJC CL-16 ever since I bought my RE G5 in 2011 and I considered it as the best helmet I've ever worn (and that includes Bell and Arai).

Anyway, I bought a new CL-17.

I only rode with it on for about 6 miles but it seems to be even better than the -16.
Especially the air vent they added to cool off my forehead.  It really works making a noticeable blast of air.

I guess now that I have a new helmet, I'll have to buy a new 650 Interceptor if they ever get around to importing them here.  ???
Jim
2011 G5 Deluxe
1999 Miata 10th Anniversary

AmBraCol

• Grease Monkey
  • Rebelling Against The Rebels
Reply #7298 on: November 17, 2017, 02:49:31 am
I guess now that I have a new helmet, I'll have to buy a new 650 Interceptor if they ever get around to importing them here.  ???

Was talking with the local dealer yesterday.  He says that the U.S. and Europe get dibs on the first batch of Interceptors and GT 650's.  I'm looking forward to your review!
Paul

2015 Royal Enfield Rumbler 500

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7299 on: November 18, 2017, 12:06:52 am
Well, I really didn't do anything to my Royal Enfield but ride it but, I did buy myself a new helmet.

I've been wearing a HJC CL-16 ever since I bought my RE G5 in 2011 and I considered it as the best helmet I've ever worn (and that includes Bell and Arai).

Anyway, I bought a new CL-17.

I only rode with it on for about 6 miles but it seems to be even better than the -16.
Especially the air vent they added to cool off my forehead.  It really works making a noticeable blast of air.

I love my CL-17!  Bought it last summer.  Seriously the comfiest full face I've ever owned and worn.  I sell a lot of them at work as well.  We actually just got in the new IS-17, which is the CL-17 with an internal sun shield.
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

High On Octane

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7300 on: November 21, 2017, 01:26:48 pm
I started tearing her down for a complete engine rebuild.  She's always ran well, but she leaks oil like crazy.  I should have the engine completely out this morning.  Then will hopefully get the engine disassembled over Thanksgiving break.
2001 Harley Davidson Road King

jackedoz

• Scooter
Reply #7301 on: November 22, 2017, 10:20:13 am
Fitted new solo seat added hagon lowered shocks chopped off front guard

Haggis

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #7302 on: November 22, 2017, 11:45:08 am
Couple of left over nuts on the garage floor there, hope they are not important? ????
Off route, recalculate?

jackedoz

• Scooter
Reply #7303 on: November 23, 2017, 04:11:38 am
Nah off the old seat test ride today very comfy seat also tested out Uni foam filter much smoother ride

Fragman

• Bulleteer
Reply #7304 on: November 23, 2017, 11:56:12 pm
Finally got out for a 30 min scoot around the area today after 5 days of rainy shyte, only to be forced back home by another incoming rain system. No biggie, as any ride is better than no ride.

My new chain sure works wonders over the stock boil that should never have been on the bike. Shifting is much more positive now with chain snatch hugely reduced and no backlash worries to boot.  :)
Nothing better than a nice putt on an RE.
It's a serene way to travel at an unhurried pace.

-2013 Classic Maroon-