Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Campfire Talk / Re: late night porch pirate
« Last Post by AzCal Retred on Today at 07:43:15 pm »
Three years of memory! I can only wish... ;D

https://en.wikipedia.org/wiki/Raccoon

The raccoon (/rəˈkuːn/ or US: /ræˈkuːn/ ⓘ, Procyon lotor), also spelled racoon[3] and sometimes called the common raccoon to distinguish it from the other species, is a mammal native to North America. It is the largest of the procyonid family, having a body length of 40 to 70 cm (16 to 28 in), and a body weight of 5 to 26 kg (11 to 57 lb). Its grayish coat mostly consists of dense underfur, which insulates it against cold weather. The animal's most distinctive features include its extremely dexterous front paws, its facial mask, and its ringed tail, which are common themes in the mythologies of the Indigenous peoples of the Americas surrounding the species. The raccoon is noted for its intelligence, as studies show that it is able to remember the solution to tasks for at least three years. It is usually nocturnal and omnivorous, eating about 40% invertebrates, 33% plants, and 27% vertebrates.
650 Interceptor & Continental GT / Re: Question about stock tires
« Last Post by Groundhog on Today at 07:40:07 pm »
Hated the phantoms that came stock on my 2019.Very wooden in feedback.Went with Avon Roadrider Mk2 and what a pleasure they are.Standard front and 150 rear.
650 Interceptor & Continental GT / Re: Replacement Battery.
« Last Post by Groundhog on Today at 07:36:37 pm »
Just replaced mine on a 2019 because it was due.Better to be proactive and save wear and tear on the charging system.
Campfire Talk / Re: Україна і Родина
« Last Post by AzCal Retred on Today at 07:36:18 pm »
Thankfully this could NEVER happen here... ::)

German lawmakers assail far-right party over alleged China, Russia links following spying arrest ; April 25, 2024
https://apnews.com/article/germany-far-right-afd-parliament-china-russia-9d837d9b14edc6edcaec421b0ac7ac60
The German government and opposition lawmakers assailed the far-right Alternative for Germany for its alleged closeness to Russia and China Thursday after an assistant to a legislator for the party was arrested on suspicion of spying for Beijing.
This week’s arrest of an aide to European Parliament lawmaker Maximilian Krah cast an unflattering light on the Alternative for Germany, or AfD, which has long faced criticism for Russia-friendly positions. Krah said he would dismiss the employee, Jian Guo, but remain the AfD’s top candidate for the European Parliament election in June.
One reason why Germany is a focus of Russian and Chinese spying is “the existence of a right-wing extremist party ... that is prepared eagerly to take up every narrative from China and Russia and spread it,” Konstantin Kuhle of the Free Democrats, one of the parties in the coalition government, told a debate in the German parliament in which mainstream lawmakers lined up to criticize the AfD. “So one must say very clearly: AfD is a weak point in German democracy when it comes to our defense of our liberal democracy.”
A lawmaker with the conservative opposition Christian Democrats, Marc Henrichmann, accused the AfD of “betraying and selling out the German people.” He referred to recent allegations involving the party as “Russia today, China tomorrow.”
AfD lawmaker Stefan Keuter accused mainstream politicians of trying to “distract from your own political failure” with help from security services, portraying his party as the victim of a campaign. “Why is this issue popping up now, at the time of an election campaign? That’s very obvious,” he said.

350 J Platform / Re: Bullet dual seat on classic??
« Last Post by GreyGhost on Today at 07:27:32 pm »
No good for me with a 29" inside leg,I had to fit the low rider seat. Height doesn't matter it's inside leg that matters.

Hey! We should start a club. My wife says I have "Hobbit" legs.

I've wondered if you could put a Classic 350 low-rider seat on the Bullet. I just got my gunmetal grey Classic a few weeks ago, but if would have known the black Bullets would be available in the states by the time I took delivery, I would have gotten one of them and added a solo seat. I do like the paint/badge scheme on the Bullet.
350 J Platform / Re: Bullet dual seat on classic??
« Last Post by gilburton on Today at 06:53:01 pm »
No good for me with a 29" inside leg,I had to fit the low rider seat. Height doesn't matter it's inside leg that matters.
535 Continental GT / Re: Geoffs Modifications
« Last Post by Geoff Vader on Today at 06:44:57 pm »
Hi Ben, thanks for the comment.

Glad you’re getting a mill, I noticed you do a lot of your milling in the lathe. I like your bars and how they’re mounted, really nice. I always promised myself that if I ever won the lottery, I’d buy a small lockup and put a 3 motorised axis Bridgeport mill, a decent sized lathe, a horizontal grinder and a cut off saw at minimum in there.

I haven’t, so I’ll have to stick with what I’ve got. The mill is small, but as long as you don’t try big cuts, it works just fine. In the pictures below of the rearset adapters I’m taking a 50mm wide cut with a fly cutter but only at a 0.15mm depth of cut. Takes a long time, but it’s not production engineering, I enjoy it.

First 2 pictures show the blanks being cut and the counterbores being made. 3rd and 4th are of the blanks fitted to the bike and the rearset brackets fitted. I’ve added a few more mounting holes and I’m now happy with their position. The rearsets are for a gsxr1000, but I’ve used others in the past. I can now finish off the brackets to the final shape and thin them down here and there.
650 Interceptor & Continental GT / Re: Replacement Battery.
« Last Post by Quest on Today at 06:21:31 pm »
Something to keep in mind is this:
A freshly charged weak battery is still a weak battery.
I  also have had batteries that last a very long time. I've had some that quit without notice.

For the always on-the-tender crowd, I would suggest that every so often you leave it un-tendered for about a week. Then see how it does.
Hey Gotham, welcome to the forum, and good on you for participating in the DGR.

I'm a regular rider in Orange County, CA. Regarding city traffic and degenerates, I used to do the L.A. ride, but it's gotten a bit too big and hectic for me. Question for you, Gotham... I know that for some of the biggest rides, like San Francisco, they block the streets so the riders don't have to contend with traffic. Do they do that in NYC?

This year is particularly important to me. I recently lost a friend to cancer, and a cousin was just diagnosed with prostate cancer. Funny thing... right now is when I think of all of my friends who I've reached out to but haven't donated yet... I need to do some more prodding.
Campfire Talk / Re: Україна і Родина
« Last Post by AzCal Retred on Today at 05:41:01 pm »
Tide may be turning!   :)

Ukraine war: Kyiv uses longer-range US missiles for first time ; 25 April 2024
https://www.bbc.com/news/world-europe-68893196
Ukraine has begun using longer-range ballistic missiles against Russia that were secretly provided by the US, American officials have confirmed.
The weapons were sent as part of a previous US support package, and arrived this month. Officials said they were not announced publicly to maintain Ukraine's "operational security".
They have already been used at least once to strike Russian targets in occupied Crimea.
Further US aid is now heading to Kyiv.
More American weaponry is expected to be sent imminently, after President Joe Biden signed off on Wednesday a new package of economic and military support for Ukraine worth $61bn (£49bn).
The missiles that have already been quietly provided are the longer-range version of the Army Tactical Missile Systems (ATACMS), a state department spokesman confirmed on Wednesday.
The US previously supplied Ukraine with a mid-range version of the ATACMS, but had resisted sending anything more powerful, partly over concerns about compromising US military readiness.
Officials were also concerned that the Ukrainians could use the weaponry to strike inside Russian territory, causing the conflict to escalate, according to NBC, which first reported the news.
The Ukrainians have long called for the systems, which can fire missiles up to 300km (186 miles). Mr Biden is said to have secretly given the green light in February.

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10