Author Topic: what connectors are used for MAP, injector and Throttle pos?  (Read 491 times)

FredBroers

• Scooter
Hi guys,

I'm prepping for an ecu change on my 535, I'll get it to work with a microsquirt.
Yes I know, not sensible to do, but hey I bought a royal enfield so don't talk sense to me.

I'm affraid to ask, but does anybody have a clue as to what connectors are used for the MAP, injector and Throttle pos?  The current ones still work, but I'd rather crimp a new set on my harneass than solder old bits together..

I Looked for clues on the connectors themselves, could not find a type or brand definitively.
Any hint would be much appreciated!

Fred

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Reply #1 on: November 26, 2023, 10:13:03 am
I see some here that I recognise.

https://www.cycleterminal.com/index.html

Maybe this guy would help if you sent him some images of the connectors you need.

I've found that most connectors are available at one or the other of my local electronic supply shops. The usual Weather Pack and Delphi type of thing.

Good luck.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

FredBroers

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: November 26, 2023, 03:27:08 pm
Thanks! I'll give him a try.

Geoff Vader

• 2 Strokes are better than 4
  • Scooter
Reply #3 on: November 26, 2023, 04:30:25 pm
Just type ‘ motorcycle electrical connectors’ into an eBay search and you’ll find every type available.
I can kill you with a tray!

axman88

• Grand Gearhead
  • Vintage Motorcycle Fan
Reply #4 on: November 27, 2023, 03:30:29 pm
When I was looking at this for my C5, it looked like I was seeing a lot of Sumitomo connectors.
https://sumitomo-connectors.com/connectors/

But, perhaps some were knockoffs.

FredBroers

• Scooter
Reply #5 on: December 02, 2023, 03:25:06 pm
Thanks for the help guys,

I bought a handful of different brands of 2 pin connectors, I'll keep you posted if anything fits!