Author Topic: 2020 Classic 500 battery loosing power after 3 days,  (Read 1000 times)

Thistle

• Neophyte
on: November 10, 2021, 07:50:07 pm
Fitted new battery, charging system fine 14.3v ,new harness fitted,reg/rec, after 3 days dead battery Help!!!

axman88

• Grand Gearhead
  • Vintage Motorcycle Fan
Reply #1 on: November 11, 2021, 11:00:55 pm
I suggest posting this same inquiry in the  "Bullet with UCE engine" section, where it will get a lot more eyes, and responses.  This forum section is not really for asking advice.

That said, I'd say you have either a parasitic draw constantly on the battery, or the battery has an internal short.  I'd disconnect one battery cable and use my digital multimeter to see if any substantial current draw is occurring with the ignition off.

If not, I'd disconnect the battery, charge it fully ( voltage at least 12.8 volts three hours after charging is complete), and let it sit on the bench, checking the voltage twice a day.  I would think it would take at least 6 weeks to self discharge down to 12.3 V.  If it did this in a matter of days, I'd be looking for a refund.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #2 on: December 14, 2021, 08:07:37 pm
No need to repost. As you can see, I just punted the whole thread over here.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.