Author Topic: Machined Alloy Wheel Set for C5 Classic 2018+  (Read 233 times)

Navi

• Scooter
on: October 06, 2021, 01:53:32 am
Selling a brand new OEM unopened set of the machine alloy wheels for the C5 classics that have both front and rear disk brakes. I ordered them and then realized that I have a drum brake in the rear so they wouldn't fit on mine. They fit both ABS and non ABS models. This is the link to them on the RE website: https://www.royalenfield.com/in/en/gma/1990612/

Looking for ~$250 as they normally cost around 300 shipped and delivered and even more if you want to order them from a dealer here. Located in California. Can potentially ship if the price is right.

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #1 on: October 10, 2021, 08:07:33 pm
Navi -- those wheels fit your C5 Classic

The rear wheel has two sides.  One side mates to the disk brake and the other side mates to the rubber isolators on the back of the drum brake.

If you want to wait a few days I'll go out to my Descanso workshop and take a picture for you.
2016 RE Classic 500 CA version Fair-Weather Mountain Bike
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod

Navi

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: October 10, 2021, 08:18:30 pm
Yeah, can you please let me know! As far as i knew, i thought these only go on disk brakes. My front wheel is disk so that’s fine but my rear brake is just drum.

Bert Remington

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: October 10, 2021, 09:24:08 pm
Front wheel: remove front wheel.  Using a high-quality hex (Allen) driver (I believe M8) on a 3/8" drive, remove the six disk machine screws.  They were installed with Red Loctite so expect about 60lbft removal torque.  Heating to about 120-140F will soften the Red Loctite.  Install the disk on the new wheel using the six provided machine screws.

Rear wheel: remove rear wheel.  Pry out the four rubber insulators.  Lubricate them with soap and water or something that doesn't harm rubber and install them in the new wheel.

Since I haven't installed tires on my new wheels I can't tell you which spacers in the wheel kit are used.  I suggest you start without the new spacers and go from there.

Are you going to install tubeless tires?  I'm installing K70s keeping the tubes because I don't think K70s have the proper bead profile.
2016 RE Classic 500 CA version Fair-Weather Mountain Bike
2014 Can-Am Spyder RT-S SE6 Freeway Commuter Pod