Author Topic: Recommended torque wrench and T-wrench for RE Interceptor  (Read 84 times)

normski

• Neophyte
Hi Everyone,

My first post (gulp!)

I've got a new Interceptor recently and am looking to equip myself with the necessary tools for general use and possibly for carrying out servicing myself.

So I've just purchased crash bars and need to fit them. I need a torque wrench so I do not overtighten the bolts. I will also need it for adjustment and service. So any recommendations?

A t-wrench for undoing bolts might also be a quick and useful tool. What 3 sizes would I most often be adjusting? Thanks in advance.

I should like to also mention I have already been busy modding the bike. A dart Classic flyscreen, A DNA air filter and cover and rear carrier fitted so far. I have adjustable levers and usb connectors waiting for me to fit. I plan to use soft panniers when touring so am researching what is out there - no rush whilst winter is just upon us in the UK. It looks like the RE carrier frame is a bit of a poor fit i.e. it sticks out more than needed. Anything available that is relatively discreet for users who will only use panniers now and then? I guess also that my crash bars rule out the 2-1 exhaust mod so what is out there that saves weight, sounds good and really does boost performance?

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: November 12, 2021, 03:55:50 pm
I bought a Craftsman 3/8" torque wrench. Also, I got a 1/4" drive wrench.
Figure allen wrenches or sockets. 4, 5 and 6 mm will be your most used sizes.
Although I have 3/8" sockets and drivers, I got a 1/4" sockets and driver. It's handy, easy to use, light, fits into places. A lot of times, our bikes don't need a high torque application.
Then there's socket extensions, a U joint.
On the big sizes of sockets, I usually by one at a time as needed. The biggest ones can cross over SAE as metric when the fit is close. Then there's long handled socket drives - breaker bars for extra torque.
Chems = VibraTite. Lube = 3 in 1 oil. Rust cleaner/protector = ACF 50.

https://www.amazon.com/gp/product/B07BVR92TC/ref=ppx_yo_dt_b_search_asin_title?ie=UTF8&psc=1
ACE Motors - sales & administration