Author Topic: removing bar end for new mirrors  (Read 873 times)

TrixieNOLA

• Scooter
on: August 19, 2021, 04:47:53 pm
Has anyone removed the cylinder from bar and to add new mirrors? It seems impossible. Also, is this a good idea?

thanks,

TrixieNola

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #1 on: August 19, 2021, 06:27:56 pm
Yeah, it's possible and a good idea. You have to pull hard though to get these bar end weights out of the bars.

TrixieNOLA

• Scooter
Reply #2 on: August 19, 2021, 07:37:40 pm
Thank you for the quick response. I have some pretty cool square mirrors with wide visibility that will look really great. I'm wondering, though, does that cylinder provide vibration mitigation? Will I lose anything by taking it out?

--TrixieNOLA

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #3 on: August 19, 2021, 08:03:28 pm
Thank you for the quick response. I have some pretty cool square mirrors with wide visibility that will look really great. I'm wondering, though, does that cylinder provide vibration mitigation? Will I lose anything by taking it out?

--TrixieNOLA

Yes, the cylinders have a vibe mitigation, however you will not feel much difference on the clip ons since they are too short and rigidity mounted to the fork. So don't worry about it...

...the long bars on the classic would be much more prone to amplifying vibrations.

TrixieNOLA

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: August 19, 2021, 08:23:36 pm
That's great news! Thanks for the information. I'll let y'all know how it goes!
Ride safe!

--TrixieNOLA

hpwaco

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: August 19, 2021, 08:37:50 pm
Do a search on this topic.   Remove cap from inner end of bar.   Insert long thin screwdriver etc to keep nut (see parts manual) from turning while unscrewing/removing bolt from weight.   Easy when u know how!!!