Author Topic: Electra-X Parts Book  (Read 975 times)

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
on: July 24, 2021, 05:40:08 pm
  Why are there two (2) Item #9s in my Parts Book in the 03-10 Chain Case Inner Diagram? Just a simple mistake, I 'spose. Like Breaks ;)

(I'll hate myself for this. I know it)...
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #1 on: July 24, 2021, 06:05:32 pm
What's the corresponding part in the On-Line Parts Guide? What's the year of your X? Enquiring minds need to know... :o ;D

(2005 Electra X)  https://www.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/partsbook-pages/2166#page-2166-position-10
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

tooseevee

• Grand Gearhead
  • Everybody's havin' them dreams
Reply #2 on: July 24, 2021, 08:27:16 pm
What's the corresponding part in the On-Line Parts Guide? What's the year of your X? Enquiring minds need to know... :o ;D

My parts book is exactly the same one you see on Hitchcocks online parts book. It's just a later Rev.. And there is only one (1) Number Nine nut on Hitchcocks Rev. of the manual. As it should be.

Mine is`the 2004 Edition of Royal Enfield's Electra-X Parts Book Part #597395.

My copy also doesn't show the stud and nut that were adadadded later at the after end of the inner primary.

(It's all down at the bottom of all my posts). and I don't have an Electra-X motorcycle. I have an '08 Classic which HAS the Electra-X engine. From the fack torey. Mine has front drum. The Electra-X has front disc. Engine same. Some of the tin is different. I hope I'm not typing away and you know all this already :) :) 
« Last Edit: July 24, 2021, 08:37:55 pm by tooseevee »
RI USA '08 Black AVL Classic.9.8:1 ACEhead/manifold/canister. TM32/Open bottle/hot tube removed. Pertronix Coil. Fed mandates removed. Gr.TCI. Bobber seat. Battery in right side case. Decomp&all doodads removed. '30s Lucas taillight/7" visored headlight. Much blackout & wire/electrical upgrades.

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #3 on: July 25, 2021, 05:27:07 pm
In my working daze, we just stopped ordering from suppliers that weren't online. The online stuff was current, catalog bits often were not, leading to a lot of frustration and wasted time. You can fix a website error in real time, printed copy not so much.  ???

I envy you your gear oil pumps!  :)

Stay vertical - ACR -
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.