Author Topic: Correct spacer for 2011 B5  (Read 523 times)

NPLO

• Scooter
  • 2011 Bullet B5 in Dorset
on: June 23, 2022, 11:37:45 am
I have just removed my front wheel to have a new tyre fitted. For some reason I was looking through the Hitchcocks on-line parts book and it shows that the spacer on the disc side should be stepped (see photo). My spacer is not stepped and has been like this since new. It is the same as the spacer on the speedo cable end, but a bit longer. All fits well and has never been a problem.

Any observations would be appreciated.

Nigel

Carl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: June 23, 2022, 01:59:43 pm
Well it might be a change they made to the spacer but if it all fits snugly l don’t think l would worry if you get no free play on the wheel and it rotates OK. Sometimes those spacers are machined to fit in to oil seal others are not if in doubt ring Hitchcocks it is impossible to say without knowing year and model of bike so my engineers drawings are useless. It might be registered 2011 but that does not mean it was made much earlier they can be in showrooms a long time. As l recall changes were made about 2014 to the B5. BMW did this with the R80R and R100R used lots of left over parts from K75 to use them up.
« Last Edit: June 23, 2022, 02:26:57 pm by Carl Fenn »

NPLO

• Scooter
  • 2011 Bullet B5 in Dorset
Reply #2 on: June 23, 2022, 06:55:50 pm
Well it might be a change they made to the spacer but if it all fits snugly l don’t think l would worry if you get no free play on the wheel and it rotates OK. Sometimes those spacers are machined to fit in to oil seal others are not if in doubt ring Hitchcocks it is impossible to say without knowing year and model of bike so my engineers drawings are useless. It might be registered 2011 but that does not mean it was made much earlier they can be in showrooms a long time. As l recall changes were made about 2014 to the B5. BMW did this with the R80R and R100R used lots of left over parts from K75 to use them up.

Thanks for your comments. The B5 had only just come in 2011, so it should have been manufactured not too long before that.

I’m not too bothered about it, just interested as to why the discrepancy in the part.

Carl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: June 23, 2022, 09:01:24 pm
Well you can soon get it checked out not a big issue.