Author Topic: Bar end mirrors for the Meteor 350  (Read 5132 times)

byteofthecherry

• Scooter
Reply #15 on: September 01, 2021, 09:11:06 pm
Thanks! Appreciate that and I will give it a thorough looking over in the morning.

Available from a 'popular  auction site' £12.50(pair) I tend to fit singly.
« Last Edit: September 01, 2021, 09:22:51 pm by byteofthecherry »
West Somerset U.K.

Bikes: Himalayan(X2)/Interceptor 650/Meteor/'New' Classic 350J/MotoGuzzi V50/T4/SP1000/Convert/Honda trail CT125(2021)

20MarkIII

• Grand Gearhead
  • East Central Indiana, USA
Reply #16 on: September 02, 2021, 03:15:46 am
We have a saying around here, 'snooze ya lose'. Gave my dealer 2 days to respond about the mirrors, no joy, so just ordered from Hitchcock's. The mirrors, adaptors, tank side pads and a 14 mm hex head socket. I've been using a SAE 3/8" bolt (hex head) to remove the inspection cover on the INT but now can add a bit of couth to the valve lash job. ;)

Indobiker

• Scooter
Reply #17 on: October 14, 2021, 11:37:26 am
Wondering if the Tec Bike Parts bar ends for the Continental GT and Interceptor would work, along with the Meteor bar end adapters from Hitchcocks? Any thoughts? Tec is reluctant to confirm this before they get their own Meteor, but it would sure be a cheaper option than the expensive OEM mirrors (33 pounds versus 112), and they also come in silver as well as black.
Meteor 350 Supernova Brown

HollerinJer

• Scooter
Reply #18 on: October 19, 2021, 09:58:57 am
First post here.  For what it is worth, I have replaced my Meteor's stock mirrors with a pair of CRG Blindspot mirrors, mounted under the grips and oriented inboard.  I wanted a low-profile look and to avoid a typical bar-end setup.  I found enough space to clamp the mirrors by moving the controls and grips inward by 10mm on each side and kept the stock bar end caps.  The CRG mirrors, admittedly smallish at 2", have excellent optical quality replaceable glass.  Properly aimed, they provide all the essential information I need.

Dexter

• Grand Gearhead
  • British Columbia, Canada
Reply #19 on: October 19, 2021, 04:04:50 pm
First post here.  For what it is worth, I have replaced my Meteor's stock mirrors with a pair of CRG Blindspot mirrors, mounted under the grips and oriented inboard.  I wanted a low-profile look and to avoid a typical bar-end setup.  I found enough space to clamp the mirrors by moving the controls and grips inward by 10mm on each side and kept the stock bar end caps.  The CRG mirrors, admittedly smallish at 2", have excellent optical quality replaceable glass.  Properly aimed, they provide all the essential information I need.

Without pics, this post is useless.
Past rides:
1966 Honda 65 Sport
1967 Honda CB160
1973 Honda CB750
1982 Honda V45 Magna - the most uncomfortable bike I ever did a cross country tour on!
1983 Honda CB1000
1995 Honda ST1100 - sold 2015 after 175,000 km
1996 Honda ST1100
Current ride:
2021 Royal Enfield Stellar Blue Meteor 350

Bimble

• Scooter
  • Cumbria, England
Reply #20 on: October 19, 2021, 10:46:56 pm
Rather harsh on a first time poster! The response falls within the topic title and adds information to the topic. Not everyone has photos to hand and sufficient info is given to allow a simple Google search.
RE Meteor, RE Classic 350, RE Himalayan, Ducati Monster 937, Kawasaki Z900RS, Triumph Trident 660.

HollerinJer

• Scooter
Reply #21 on: October 20, 2021, 12:19:42 am

Dexter:  Sorry 'bout that.  I appreciate that some peeps are visual learners.  If you google the product named in the post - BAM!  1st thing ya get is a pic.  More importantly, read the product reviews (stellar!)

What was salient about my post was how I hung them down under the grips and oriented inward - which avoids using any sort of bar-end adapter AND adding 6" of unnecessary width to my bars.

Dexter

• Grand Gearhead
  • British Columbia, Canada
Reply #22 on: October 20, 2021, 02:31:12 am
Rather harsh on a first time poster! The response falls within the topic title and adds information to the topic. Not everyone has photos to hand and sufficient info is given to allow a simple Google search.

Maybe you are new to motorcycle forums, but my comment was in no way meant to offend. It is a common phrase used on other motorcycle forums, to spur the poster to show us what he/she has done. Why make others bother to search for something, which many won't bother to do, if you have the goods at your fingertips with a few clicks?

From another forum, if this makes it more palatable. The gif is active on the other forum, with the little guys jumping up and down.

« Last Edit: October 20, 2021, 02:43:44 am by Dexter »
Past rides:
1966 Honda 65 Sport
1967 Honda CB160
1973 Honda CB750
1982 Honda V45 Magna - the most uncomfortable bike I ever did a cross country tour on!
1983 Honda CB1000
1995 Honda ST1100 - sold 2015 after 175,000 km
1996 Honda ST1100
Current ride:
2021 Royal Enfield Stellar Blue Meteor 350

Bimble

• Scooter
  • Cumbria, England
Reply #23 on: October 20, 2021, 08:43:01 am
Nope, not new to motorcycle forums. Still believe that OP post was constructive and not useless but we all have different views.
RE Meteor, RE Classic 350, RE Himalayan, Ducati Monster 937, Kawasaki Z900RS, Triumph Trident 660.

Indobiker

• Scooter
Reply #24 on: December 22, 2021, 03:48:31 pm
I'm thinking about replacing the mirrors on my Supernova with the official RE bar end mirrors. They are a bit on the expensive side (and aesthetically different as they are black vs the chrome stock ones), so I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has done this and what is the feedback, good, bad or indifferent?
Meteor 350 Supernova Brown

20MarkIII

• Grand Gearhead
  • East Central Indiana, USA
Reply #25 on: December 23, 2021, 10:51:39 am
I'm thinking about replacing the mirrors on my Supernova with the official RE bar end mirrors. They are a bit on the expensive side (and aesthetically different as they are black vs the chrome stock ones), so I'd be interested to hear if anyone else has done this and what is the feedback, good, bad or indifferent?
I love the RE bar end mirrors on my Fireball Yellow Meteor. The forward view is much cleaner and unobstructed with them.

andif62

• Bulleteer
Reply #26 on: January 22, 2022, 08:55:13 am
Would like to install my Halcyon bar end mirrors, that have been left over from my SR500. Any idea how this can be made?
Royal Enfield Classic 350 Chrome Red
BMW F800GS

YOUR NAME HERE

• Scooter
Reply #27 on: January 22, 2022, 12:57:47 pm

Same. Ever since bringing the supernova in the house for winter (no garage but hooray for double doors off the back), it means walking past the poor thing with morning coffee and contemplating mods...

And it hit me that those RE bar-ends would be nice, coupled with the dark flyscreen. Looks like the position of the actual mirrors wouldn’t be too far off where they are now, just a bit further out horizontally, which would be ideal.

The flyscreen curiosity is due to other threads where people have conflicting views of the big touring screen. I dig mine, but trying to diagnose the wind noise drowning out the Sena speakers. Can’t hear a thing at speed (screen? helmet? Old man disease?) But that’s OT, worthy of another thread. But the bar-ends seem like a natural fit.