Author Topic: Things Look Bad In India  (Read 9104 times)

TrianglePete

• Bulleteer
  • U.S. Spec RE parts & THE FIN intake.
on: April 29, 2021, 12:02:46 am
My thoughts and Prayers for our Brothers and Sisters in INDIA.

Hoiho

• Dead horse beater
  • Grand Gearhead
  • NZ - 2020 GT 650
Reply #1 on: April 29, 2021, 02:03:01 am
Absolutely agree. Horrific scenes...

muezler

• Scooter
  • Austria - Styria
Reply #2 on: April 29, 2021, 08:42:01 am
Yes it really does.
My department in Chennai is closed since Monday.
One guy who came back from a inner India business trip was tested negative at first but a view days later he was positive.
During that two days 10 other colleagues got infected, 5 of them severely.

It is really frightening to see how quick such a chain reaction can happen.
I hope that all this suffering and hardship will find an end soon.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: April 29, 2021, 02:01:54 pm
Yesterday afternoon a USAF C5 Galaxy cargo aircraft took off from Travis AFB, CA, packed full of over 100 tons of oxygen generators, tanks and other COVID-19 medical supplies. It is headed for New Delhi. So that should help a little.
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #4 on: April 29, 2021, 02:39:06 pm
My thoughts and Prayers for our Brothers and Sisters in INDIA.
+1

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: April 29, 2021, 03:04:55 pm
It's particularly bad for them at the moment with the mutations of the virus, total tragedy, and now switching to a cash less society is not in any way helping the poor either, they don't know what to do for money and no one is the least bothered.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: April 29, 2021, 04:37:40 pm
Seems to me poor people are suffering the worst not getting access to oxygen, a most horrific death on the only basis they are poor, there are masses of billionaires in India they should dip into their accounts and try and ease the situation this is after all a national emergency, not just let people die without a chance. Modi is certainly not the best leader in the world he has zero compassion for poor desperate people. All we can do is pray for a miracle our hands are tied.
« Last Edit: April 29, 2021, 04:48:36 pm by Karl Fenn »

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #7 on: April 29, 2021, 05:36:31 pm
All they have to fight this mutation with is proper mask technique, hand hygiene and try to maintain personal space. Modi opened up too soon and didn't emphasize the importance of these simple steps to slow the spread.  There is a lesson here for the rest of us. All the vaccine in the world won't help if your personal behaviour accelerates the spread faster than the innoculations can be given. Wear your mask, get the jab, don't give mutations another breeding opportunity within your own skin. The good news is that the CiC is trying to get vaccines flowing India's way. Brazil is another hotspot not getting attention, and it's within driving distance from us. Until around 80% of us have gotten the jab, mask up and slow the spread here. There's nothing stopping a new Covid mutation from being 10% lethal instead of 1%. Be responsible and do your part.
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

zimmemr

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: April 29, 2021, 05:58:42 pm
All they have to fight this mutation with is proper mask technique, hand hygiene and try to maintain personal space. Modi opened up too soon and didn't emphasize the importance of these simple steps to slow the spread.  There is a lesson here for the rest of us. All the vaccine in the world won't help if your personal behaviour accelerates the spread faster than the innoculations can be given. Wear your mask, get the jab, don't give mutations another breeding opportunity within your own skin. The good news is that the CiC is trying to get vaccines flowing India's way. Brazil is another hotspot not getting attention, and it's within driving distance from us. Until around 80% of us have gotten the jab, mask up and slow the spread here. There's nothing stopping a new Covid mutation from being 10% lethal instead of 1%. Be responsible and do your part.
+1

Warwick

• Grease Monkey
Reply #9 on: April 29, 2021, 10:46:28 pm
Its sad what is happening in India!! I hope it is controlled soon! My thoughts are with those impacted
2007 Bullet, 1999 Lightning, 2010 Honda VFR1200f, 2019 Interceptor, 2007 Kwaka GPX250R

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: April 30, 2021, 09:54:45 am
Well more bad news yesterday the government have just bought 60 million more doses of the vaccine they are expecting a new wave in the autum in the UK of mutated virus, that means three vaccines in less than 8 months, the endless cycle continues.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #11 on: April 30, 2021, 10:57:50 am
I suspect the Indians would love to swap our problems for theirs right now.

For those who want to help, please contact the relief organisation of your choice.

A.

Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

TrianglePete

• Bulleteer
  • U.S. Spec RE parts & THE FIN intake.
Reply #12 on: April 30, 2021, 12:45:07 pm
I suspect the Indians would love to swap our problems for theirs right now.

For those who want to help, please contact the relief organisation of your choice.

A.

Any idea which relief group can be trusted ???       You know    90% for  Adm.  10%  for help

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Reply #13 on: April 30, 2021, 01:20:17 pm
Any idea which relief group can be trusted ???       You know    90% for  Adm.  10%  for help

I believe if you send your money to Gretas foundation it will be put to good use.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: April 30, 2021, 01:28:39 pm
Well frankly you can't trust any charities these days, they all steal massive wages from the proceeds, much is held in world banks it's become a legal scam. Of course evil Modi is responsible for the crisis not doing his job and looking after the rich.