Author Topic: Pine Flat Dam & North Piedra Road loop  (Read 136 times)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • Laissez le bon temps rouler! Fresno, CA
on: April 22, 2021, 09:01:50 pm
Took the East Trimmer Springs Road to Pine Flat Dam & saw the lovely park there. The Kings river exits the dam and heads towards Sanger, Reedley & Kingsburg. Lots of camping/picnicking/fishing opportunities below the dam. A bit further South on East Trimmer Springs Road at Winton Park there is a bridge over the Kings River where North Piedra Road starts. This road takes you south through thousands of acres of blossoming orange groves, thru the "towns" of Piedra & Avocado. That's something you can't buy, drifting along at I.B. Bullet speed thru 8 continuous miles of orange blossom fragrance filled 72 degree air. After 30+ years as a "Zonie", green scenery like that is heaven. North Piedra Road T's into the 180; take that west for a couple miles and you pick up North Oliver Avenue. Oliver T's into Belmont, where I turn right. Belmont soon becomes East Trimmer Springs Road, and back thru the mountains next to Pine Flat Lake & homewards. About a 70 Mile loop for me; and the new flat bench seat from Hitchcocks proved itself to be a welcome addition to Krasny Oktyabr.
A brace of 1999 Bullets: 1 Red Deluxe, 1 Green Standard. Also, 1 wee orphan 1956 Fire Arrow project.

Morgan60

• Bulleteer
  • NW USA
Reply #1 on: May 06, 2021, 11:14:28 am
Beautiful, thanks for posting your ride.
REs I currently own:
2007 AVL Bullet Electra Gray
2010 Bullet G5 Deluxe Black
2017 535 GT Continental Red
2018 Himalayan White
2018 Pegasus Green
2019 650 Continental GT Ice Queen or white
2020 Trials 500 Green and Chrome