Author Topic: Selling my 06' on Ebay  (Read 1365 times)

motoguzzibill

• Scooter
on: July 30, 2021, 03:31:27 pm
Please excuse the spam. Listing my 06' Electra on Ebay today, 7/30. Like to see it go to a good home.
Regards,
Bill

greenie

• Scooter
Reply #1 on: July 30, 2021, 06:30:31 pm
got a link? thanks
95 ural tourist w/ 98 motor (650)
06 electra

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
Reply #2 on: July 30, 2021, 07:41:41 pm
Maybe this one??
Item location: Billings, Montana, United States
Ships to: Local pick-up only

https://www.ebay.com/itm/334095360181?hash=item4dc9a2a0b5:g:90AAAOSwHH5hBAOR

2007 Royal Enfield Bullet Electra
Condition:Used
Time left:Time left:6d 22h  |  Friday, 10:00AM
Starting bid: US $2,350.00

2007 Royal Enfield Bullet Electra. I am the second owner. I bought the bike with 91 miles on the odometer, previous owner didn't finish running a tank of gas through it. There was an electrical short where the gas tank rubbed through the wiring harness and he couldn't keep it running. Easy fix but hard to find; I've owned the bike since 2013.

During my time of ownership I've enjoyed making some improvements. If you've ever ridden a "stock" Royal Enfield Bullet you know what a dog they are. To improve it's performance I have installed "Bullet Whisper's" performance cams. If you follow the RE owner's  discussion site, https://forum.classicmotorworks.com/?mc_cid=06a50c565b&mc_eid=6f8ce68d10, you will know these were produced in small numbers and available only from BW in England. To round out the performance improvements I installed a 32 mm Mikuni flat slide carburetor and a "goldstar" type exhaust system (no header pipe restriction). The engine breaths as well as can be expected and the performance is "snappy" for a RE 500 single. This model has the 5-speed transmission and electric start. I primarily use the kick start (easy once the technique is learned) and once warmed up the electric start will fire the bike up. I wouldn't bet my life on the electric start when cold.

Bike has a classic English motorcycle look and sound. I have added the luggage rack and leather bags for handy carrying. The original (ugly) taillight has been replaced with a 60's Lucas style unit, a classic look. The 5 inch headlight has been replaced with a 7 inch unit, again a more traditional English motorcycle look and better functioning. The original seat foam is a bad joke. I had the seat reworked adding a firm foam layer between the seat pan and original memory foam (cut down). You sink in a bit then are supported instead of bottoming out on the seat pan. Included in the sale is a RE cover and shop manuals. In true English style it does leak a bit of oil from the head gasket around the oil drains from the rockers. I believe a copper head gasket from Hitchcocks (https://accessories.hitchcocksmotorcycles.com/) would solve the problem, but this gives the next owner something to consider working on. I'll also dig up and send along the original parts (cams headlight).

The bike is a lot of fun to ride and tinker with. Easy rider and easy to work on. I've put enough money into it (isn't that the fun) and have enjoyed it but now am ready to pass it on and buy something else. Bike is solid cruising at 65-70 mph. I've had it up to the low 80's but it only shortens the bike's lifespan. It's a thumper and the exhaust note is like a cannon. The Bullet is no longer in production so get one while you can! Feel free to ask questions.

A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

greenie

• Scooter
Reply #3 on: July 31, 2021, 01:23:44 am
thanks azcal! must be as it’s in mt. listed as 2007, not 2006.
95 ural tourist w/ 98 motor (650)
06 electra

motoguzzibill

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: August 02, 2021, 03:05:36 am
That is the correct bike for sale on Ebay. Looked at the Title and it said 2007 instead of 06'. That happens when you have too many bikes in the stable. Any questions feel free to ask. Want it to go to a good home, someone who will enjoy it as much as I have. Always thought about adding the Hitchcock's 535 piston but my son convinced me it really wouldn't go much faster, but it would have a bit more torque. Those stock AVL heads will only breath so much fuel/air mixture. I did lighten and trim the edges of the rockers a bit. The stock items look like they were hammered out by cavemen. It winds up pretty impressively compared to a stock bike.
Regards,
Bill

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #5 on: August 02, 2021, 12:50:21 pm
Those stock AVL heads will only breath so much fuel/air mixture.

Still enough for Bullet Whisperer's tuned Electra-X to make 103 mph with a totally stock head.  ;)

Tuning 500 AVL heads is fun, too.

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #6 on: August 02, 2021, 02:58:30 pm
If it weren't way the hell up in Montana I'd be astonished there haven't been any bids yet on that pretty and apparently well sorted out AVL.

For those of an adventurous iron butted disposition, perhaps someone should note that flights to Billings from the East Coast can be bought all day long for about $200-$300, often less, and that Google Maps' "Avoid Highways" option for a pleasant return trek eastwards will sluice you right through Sturgis, where that rally will be cranking up next week (see: https://www.sturgismotorcyclerally.com/).

I'll just leave that thought there to percolate...
« Last Edit: August 02, 2021, 03:03:11 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #7 on: August 09, 2021, 04:40:13 pm
Just for the record, it looks like that lovely 2007 AVL got a high bid of $3,051 after 5 bids with 3 bidders. That last wi ning bid looks to have been a last second "snipe", possibly automated.

So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

heloego

• A 2x4. My kingdom for a 2x4!
  • Grand Gearhead
  • USA '12 C5, '06 ElectraX
Reply #8 on: September 07, 2021, 06:01:47 pm
Saw the bike the last time it was up for sale. Loved what I saw, but too far away and my '06 AVL is keeping me busy anyway.
'18 Bonneville T-100, Blue/White
'12 C5 Classic
'06 Electra X AVL w/32mm Mikuni and Gold Star system.