Author Topic: Alloy barrel  (Read 2714 times)

Mr_84

• Grease Monkey
Reply #15 on: July 26, 2021, 09:09:19 am
Just fitted that. I went from an iron 535 barrel with the same H's piston though so no change in power for me. It's alot lighter and a bit noisier that's currently my only observations.

Looks nice too

Wr6133  did you fit your 535 to an alloy rod or a steel one?
Was curious as to what others are doing with these kits
« Last Edit: July 26, 2021, 09:15:10 am by Mr_84 »

wr6133

• Scooter
Reply #16 on: July 26, 2021, 10:10:26 am
Wr6133  did you fit your 535 to an alloy rod or a steel one?
Was curious as to what others are doing with these kits

Stock (alloy) rod. Head has had some love from a dremmel (nothing crazy just tidying up the factory mess) and better valves + springs. Previous owner also fitted cams but I'm pondering going back to stock on them as (I assume it's them) seem to create a bit of a "powerband", that sometimes off-road catches me off guard and results in (often amusing) loss of traction at the rear. I suspect to really wring the power out of it I need a bigger carb, current is 30mm, I would have thought 32 or 34 would be more suited though as the current has less than 400 miles use it can stay for a while. Dirt bike so I'm not chasing power figures, though the temptation to 612 is always there  ;D

More mundane stuff, boyer powerbox and ignition, oiling mods, pumps, spindle, rocker relief thingy, Samrat rockers. Next on the todo list will be Hagons on the rear, if you are going for a trials build invest in rear shocks, my 350 with Hagons is luxurious in comparison to the various stock and cheapo shocks I've tried on this one.

Mr_84

• Grease Monkey
Reply #17 on: July 27, 2021, 09:29:51 am
Wr6133 thanks for sharing the details of your build , I have a TM32 carb seems to work well , something you may consider in the future, I'm a dirt biker most of the time and have zero interest in running the Enfield on the hard trails ,rather enjoying it exploring country back roads etc and town runner. I find the plethora of parts and combinations available for the bullets intriguing as I'm trying to work through all this wealth of information for the best results of longevity and some small gain in performance