Author Topic: Electric Classic called Photon?  (Read 3769 times)

Toontje

• Grand Gearhead
  • Barcelona, Spain
Ice Queen for sale in Spain (Was: Riding my Ice Queen through Spain).

viczena

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #1 on: January 30, 2021, 05:08:20 pm
90 minutes to charge 10kWh ist everything but "fast" charging.
www.enfieldtech.de
Harley CVO EGlide, Boss Hoss 502, BMW 1200 RT, Harley Panhead , Harley Davidson &Marlboro Man Bike BD2, Royal Enfield Trials, KTM EXC 500. And some more.

Nitrowing

• Grease Monkey
Reply #2 on: January 30, 2021, 05:17:43 pm
"125-130 km on a full charge, when ridden at around 85 kmph" nope :(
"speed limited to around 110 kmph" nope  >:(
"kerb weight of around 200 kg" nope  ::)
"re-charge at a fast charging public charge point in the UK takes about 90 minutes" nope  :o

If you want me on an electric bike, it has to do something better than a normal bike. This brings absolutely nothing to the table.
No wonder we no longer have a motor industry

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: March 25, 2021, 01:32:53 pm
Seems a few crumbs that turned out to be stale to say the least, where are all these charge points in the uk, they have not yet materialised.

Adrian II

• Grand Gearhead
  • Sharing my ignorance with anyone who needs it
Reply #4 on: March 25, 2021, 02:21:24 pm
Do we even have the generating capacity left in the UK to support widespread adoption of electric cars?

A.
Grumpy Brit still seeking 500 AVL Bullet perfection! Will let you know if I get anywhere near...

Nitrowing

• Grease Monkey
Reply #5 on: March 25, 2021, 04:11:20 pm
Do we even have the generating capacity left in the UK to support widespread adoption of electric cars?

A.
All night long!
I was commissioning a small unit (max 30MW) last year, we typically needed 4MW at night - no supplier was interested in buying our output excess. Indeed, we were told that exporting more than 1MW would see us being charged!
There's lots of spare power at night.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #6 on: March 25, 2021, 05:16:20 pm
Yea that's a fact, but with no charging points there's some way to go on this, like climbing Everest.

Nitrowing

• Grease Monkey
Reply #7 on: March 25, 2021, 07:15:09 pm
Yea that's a fact, but with no charging points there's some way to go on this, like climbing Everest.
A problem I highlighted to my MP - most of the housing in his constituency is terraced, with the majority having lots of trouble trying to park anywhere near their own house. How are they all supposed to charge their car?  ::)

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #8 on: March 25, 2021, 09:46:22 pm
Well we have identicle problem, when l moved here 50 Years ago hardly any cars, now there are so many with the housing crisis, children l live with their parents forever, many are five car households, they park on both sides of the road it's a nightmare, just leaving a single track through the middle, well , think realistically it can't be done, no way in the world can it be done, you're wasting your time with those un convicted criminal MPs grabbing all they can.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: March 25, 2021, 09:52:56 pm
Of course you must consider all these problems are being caused by a failure of government because none of them ever did their jobs in the first place, it won't be long before it all explodes and the rich will head off to sunny climbs, in fact many are prepared they have already purchased most of Cornwall and other regions, electric cars will only be a luxury preserve for the wealthy you just note my predictions.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #10 on: March 25, 2021, 10:14:45 pm
As near as I can tell, my granddaughters will likely be living with their parents for the rest of their lives. Smart kids with degrees from UCLA (with honors that they both received in only 3 years) in comparative literature and linguistics. But I don't think there are very many jobs in those fields that allow you to stay at home and still make a living.  On the other hand, they will not be clogging up the streets with their cars as neither girl are interested in driving a vehicle - since they don't need to leave home.  ::)

However, the neighbors are more creative. Not only are they renting out rooms in their home but they also pitched tents in their backyard and are renting those out too. So their cars take up any spare room in the public street. :o
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #11 on: March 25, 2021, 10:36:09 pm
Nowadays all my riding is "pleasure riding," so my Bullet scratches that itch rather brilliantly. That said, before I retired and was still commuting approx. 60 miles a day, I'd have been happy enough with some electro-ovum. Practically speaking, some sort of hybrid might have been wiser--even if it topped out with its IC engine at only roughly 60 mph or so (say, 100 kph) for after its batteries went poop, since I just wouldn't want to get stranded on longer hauls. But so long as I could plug it in at home 99% of my driving would have been just fine. But hybrids were always crazy expensive. As for an eBike like that Enfield Photon, while wouldn't be my first choice to own, certainly now, I'd happily rent one on holiday/vacation or grab one from time to time like those little eScooters littering most cities' sidewalks. I would miss all that thumping and clattering and gearchanging inherent in gently coaxing around my "Iron Belly", but like the old Russian maxim goes: "If they're giving--take; If they're beating--run" (It's a lot "snappier" in Russian: "Дают--бери, а бьют--беги").

Like I've prophesied here before though: One day, sooner than you think, some of us will hear that old pickup struggling up a hill with a busted exhaust or some bellowing Harley with straight-throughs on some newfangled operational "Carbon Day Pass", and instead of thinking, "obnoxious bastard", you'll be overcome with a wistful nostalgia. Mark my words.
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #12 on: March 26, 2021, 12:24:03 pm
Well it's much the same situation here, rooms being converted in to bed sits, we don't have the tents yet but they have them along river banks, it's a dire situation so many hidden homeless, we keep taking migrants but we can't house our own people, l have never witnessed anything like it in my life, diabolical state of affairs people living with parents at 45, this all came about when the rich invested in property for corporate profit charging high price rent and then creating a demand by deliberately creating housing shortages.

Richard230

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #13 on: March 26, 2021, 02:15:04 pm
Here is the street leading to the RE dealer in San Francisco, Scuderia West's service department.  :(
2018 16.6 kWh Zero S, 2009 BMW F650GS, 2020 KTM Duke 390, 2002 Yamaha FZ1

Karl Fenn

• Grand Gearhead
Reply #14 on: March 26, 2021, 07:39:07 pm
Seems familiar but here they are a bit off the main drag, god it's like the third world, bad situation, still a bit like India.ls that your bike parked on the left, it must be great riding round these places and seeing the real world.
« Last Edit: March 26, 2021, 07:42:21 pm by Karl Fenn »