Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
350 J Platform / Re: Protecting cover from theft
« Last Post by indibiker on Today at 01:11:37 pm »
Something like this could be useful in the future.
650 Interceptor & Continental GT / Re: Small screw, big problem
« Last Post by zimmemr on Today at 12:53:59 pm »
Glad to help. I'm confident you'll do a fine job.  ;)
Bullet Iron Barrel / Re: Catastrophic gearbox failure
« Last Post by Adrian II on Today at 12:50:03 pm »
"Get me a crocodile handbag gearbox lay shaft and make it snappy!" ?  ::)

The oddest failure I heard of was (I think) on an old BSA single, whatever was supposed to be securing the drive side half of the crankshaft in the flywheel failed, result was that the engine was still running with the drive side flywheel spinning merrily on its main shaft, just nothing getting through to the transmission.

A.
Thank you this is reassuring to know
i saw your pics and thought "hmm, that looks familiar". sure enough, when i went to look, threads and all.
535 Continental GT / Re: A "Rockers" GT535
« Last Post by GUNR on Today at 11:14:47 am »
Ben, did you stay with the 2 original holes but open them up to to 8mm? That's what I did (instead of following the instructions which say to have 4 holes in total) and as you say, the difference is night and day. I used a long 'pickle grabber' tool to seat the YSS emulators after the oil was poured in, so reaching them again will be easy enough.

Did you get your fancy new rockers installed and did they look better than the original 'plasticine looking' ones?
650 Interceptor & Continental GT / Re: Small screw, big problem
« Last Post by Breezin on Today at 11:08:24 am »
Thanks so much for your incredibly generous and detailed lesson, Zimmemr. And for the encouragement.  I'll get a tap and give it a go.  :)

Campfire Talk / Re: YouTube suggestions?
« Last Post by Hoiho on Today at 10:44:52 am »
It's not often you get to say 'I agree with Hitler..'

https://youtu.be/I9MwJ2nYf3w?si=dFSvgN8Zf1l6QHKX
There's not a huge selection of 110 wide R17 tires available here in Europe, when I was looking I got Pirelli Rally STRs which IIRC come stock on an Indian (the brand, not the country) scrambler or something.  They're an ok 60/40 tyre, grip well on the road and do fine on most non-extreme off roading.  They're quite pricey though.

If there's space to go up to a 120mm wide tire on the hunter there's a lot more choices.
650 Interceptor & Continental GT / Re: problem in my new gt 650
« Last Post by Haggisman2 on Today at 08:54:08 am »
Go straight back to the dealer and get them to fix it.
I'm guessing spark plug area drainage for rain/snow/condensation. Water can eventually rust the plug into the hole. Maybe the factory drilled them to preclude warranty work?
Thank you that sounds a good design feature
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10