Author Topic: Anyone have a source for these?  (Read 1287 times)

Deathwish

• Deathwish
  • Grand Gearhead
on: August 03, 2023, 01:54:38 am
Just need these or similar seat cowl bolts. Haven't found anyone who sells them separately so far, though I have a couple emails I'm waiting to hear back from. Thanks!

Jon_98

• Bulleteer
Reply #1 on: August 03, 2023, 03:00:36 pm
Lowes actually has a very good a la carte selection of this type of hardware. They're probably M8 size.
When you reach a fork in the road, take it.

Deathwish

• Deathwish
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #2 on: August 03, 2023, 04:39:11 pm
Lowes actually has a very good a la carte selection of this type of hardware. They're probably M8 size.

Thanks. I think they are M4 x 10mm. Anyway, I have some knurled thumb wheel screws on order from Amazon and will see if they fit, but would really like the RE bolts if I can find them for sale without the cowl.

Deathwish

• Deathwish
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #3 on: August 03, 2023, 06:54:22 pm
I was able to locate a seller willing to sell me a set without the cowl. Life is good.

Landisr

• Scooter
Reply #4 on: August 07, 2023, 02:35:10 am
Just need these or similar seat cowl bolts. Haven't found anyone who sells them separately so far, though I have a couple emails I'm waiting to hear back from. Thanks!

I've been waiting for a round tuit to see whether I could find some sort of eyebolts (black) that would function as attachment points for bungee cords.  If I'm successful I will post here.

I hope to meet up with you when the oven outside is set back to Medium..

Ron
I don't know about an inner child, but I have an inner idiot that surfaces every now and then.

Deathwish

• Deathwish
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #5 on: August 07, 2023, 03:49:19 am
I've been waiting for a round tuit to see whether I could find some sort of eyebolts (black) that would function as attachment points for bungee cords.  If I'm successful I will post here.

Ron

Sounds like a plan, Ron.

NVDucati

• Grand Gearhead
  • USA 2020 INT
Reply #6 on: August 07, 2023, 10:39:45 am

Ron
Do a search for "Lifting Shoulder Eye Bolts M6" (or M8, etc). You will find them everywhere,
Member: AMA
Current Rides: '14 DL1000 ADV, '06 SV650N, '93 900CBRR, '74 Ducati 750GT, '14 Honda CB1000-R

Landisr

• Scooter
Reply #7 on: August 08, 2023, 09:20:54 pm
Thanks!  I'll do just that.

Ron
I don't know about an inner child, but I have an inner idiot that surfaces every now and then.

Landisr

• Scooter
Reply #8 on: August 09, 2023, 07:30:57 pm
I was able to locate a seller willing to sell me a set without the cowl. Life is good.

Now that I know what to search for (thanks, NVDucati), I followed his "link" and found what could very well work for me.  However, do you have any specifics on the exact thread size/pitch on these screws, so I know what to order?

Thanks.  Ron

Deathwish

• Deathwish
  • Grand Gearhead
Reply #9 on: August 17, 2023, 02:24:45 am
Now that I know what to search for (thanks, NVDucati), I followed his "link" and found what could very well work for me.  However, do you have any specifics on the exact thread size/pitch on these screws, so I know what to order?

Thanks.  Ron

They are M5 -.08 x 10mm