Author Topic: Craigslist 2016 Royal Enfield Continental GT - $2,800 (Long Beach) 18k miles  (Read 1859 times)

AzCal Retred

• Chennai Wrencher
  • Grand Gearhead
  • a journey of a thousand li starts under one's feet
A trifecta of Pre-Unit Bullets: a Red Deluxe 500, a Green Standard 500, and a Black ES 350.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Nice looking bike, good price. Interesting story, the owner developed a fear of riding !?!

Only HD riders around or what?

Boxerman

• Grease Monkey
  • Lancashire UK
I don't know how things work in the USA, but if someone told me that they owed 1,900 dollars or pounds on the bike to a finance company, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.
I suspect most people over here would think the same.

Frank

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
I don't know how things work in the USA, but if someone told me that they owed 1,900 dollars or pounds on the bike to a finance company, I wouldn't touch it with a barge pole.
I suspect most people over here would think the same.

Frank

If it was in Sweden, it might even be the guy from the finance company who would come to pick it up on a bargain. Hundreds of f##ing out of control finance & security companies occupied by literally morons.

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
If it was in Sweden, it might even be the guy from the finance company who would come to pick it up on a bargain. Hundreds of f##ing out of control finance & security companies occupied by literally morons.

Derottone - The fun’s over. The ad is down.
  Maybe I should start a business of renting Royal Enfilelds.
ACE Motors - sales & administration

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
Derottone - The fun’s over. The ad is down.
  Maybe I should start a business of renting Royal Enfilelds.

Do you own so many? ...every month a new one for a test ride sounds like a good idea.

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
You know Bill, no fun, no work. I doubt a business of renting RE's is worth much, neither fun. Interesting idea though..... 8)

Guaire

• Grand Gearhead
You know Bill, no fun, no work. I doubt a business of renting RE's is worth much, neither fun. Interesting idea though..... 8)

The only competition would be all these guys with ads trying to sell theirs. Renting can ‘cut to the chase’. Rent it. Ride it. And, you didn’t have to buy to put on 127 miles on it!!!
ACE Motors - sales & administration

gizzo

• Grand Gearhead
  • purple people
Yep. It makes me laugh to see ads where they're "reluctantly selling my beloved 2014 RE with only 2000km". They can't have loved it that much if they've only done a few 100km a year on it. My one is almost 50,000 and it'd be double that if I weren't riding other bikes as well. At the price of that one in the ad, RE ought to be paying me to ride it by now.
simon from south Australia
Continental GT
Pantah
DR250
DRZ400SM
C90
GSX250E

Arschloch

• Grand Gearhead
  • ...all is lost
At the price of that one in the ad, RE ought to be paying me to ride it by now.

With the amount of disgrace from the "miracle" consumers, I would say yes.