Author Topic: For Dantheman, et al. and Word Wrap Bug Diagnosis  (Read 2543 times)

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
on: November 23, 2020, 11:51:06 pm
For Dantheman and the IT Folks:

I am continuing our ongoing PM discussion about that perennial "Word Wrap/Margin Loss Bug" here as a topic on the main Forum instead of via PM, since the Forum allows for image and other attachments that the PM module lacks.

Having managed to revive my ancient and ailing Windows laptop and its better diagnostic tools, as requested attached you will find 2 jpegs of screenshots of your earlier PM to me, both of its displayed "Elements" and also how it actually appears on my screen, illustrating the bug. Also attached is a text file named <SourceCode.txt> containing the complete HTML source code of the same message.

I hope these examples may help us finally come to grips with this recurrently nagging bug that intermittently affects many Forum users.

Regards,
Bilgey

So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Bilgemaster

• Just some guy
  • Global Moderator
  • Grand Gearhead
  • 2005 Bullet 500ES in "Mean Green" Military Trim
Reply #1 on: December 11, 2020, 11:39:03 pm
UPDATE: If you should experience that perennial but mysterious "Word Wrapping" issue on the Forum, where the right-hand margins just go on and on towards the horizon, please mention it here.

It's been a recurrent problem that affects some users, but not others, often occurring just for a while, say a week or so, now and then, but then often just as mysteriously curing itself somehow. It seems to occur independent of platform or browser type, whether Android or Windows, Chrome or Firefox and with Macs too. Like the reputed "Good Times Bug" of the early '90s, at the Dawn of the Internet, its ways seem ineffable and mysterious (See: https://www.cs.rutgers.edu/~watrous/goodtimes-spoof.html), yet is very real.

The Forum's esteemed techs have been trying this and that tweak to help identify the cause and resolve the issue. Having myself recently succumbed to "Word Wrap Failure", and not for the first time, I appear to again be cured of it. So maybe those Admins hit that sweet spot. But if they haven't and you succumb to it, please pipe up!
« Last Edit: December 11, 2020, 11:46:22 pm by Bilgemaster »
So badass my Enfield's actually illegal  in India. Yet it squeaks by here in Virginia.

Willbrunei

• Reborn biker
  • Bulleteer
  • 2022 Halcyon Black Classic reborn
Reply #2 on: December 13, 2020, 09:51:25 am
I have the bug. iPhone 6s. I have tried switching between mobile view and desktop view to no avail.

It is a pain
Used to have:
Fs1E; Yamaha V90 step through; MZ125; Harley badged Cagiva 125; Cm250T; DT250; 750 four F2; XS 650; GS400; W650; '07 iron barrel military 500; Royal Alloy TV175

Now have: '22 classic reborn

cyril31

• Grease Monkey
Reply #3 on: December 25, 2020, 09:13:47 am
as said on the other thread, i have the same problem... and always had it since the start. Using firefox on windows 7 on this computer and 10 on another. Also using the ghostery plugin on both .