aboard

Recent Posts

Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10
Vintage Royal Enfield/Indian / Re: A short ride on a 750 Interceptor 1A.
« Last post by Arizoni on Today at 06:58:10 pm »
Thanks for the ride.  It was fun. :)
Have used fuel treatment from new and methanol free gas since it became available here in Waco a couple years ago so no rust in tank.

Methanol free  ??? ??? :)
Media launch Wednesday 26 Sep    https://www.royalenfield.com/motorcycles/twins/

It doesn't count until dealers have them.
What's the recipe for the citric acid blend, Otto?
Are there any hipsters left to buy it?
Campfire Talk / Re: Perfect World
« Last post by tooseevee on Today at 03:33:20 pm »
I would not fully agree to it, lot of things got better over last century and the consumers just moved to something that deliverd more value for money. The latest regulatory mandates are however just..... ya, you know what I mean. Still missing a proper 100W bulb and there is still no proper alternative in nearby grocery stores at least.

The new "smart homes" will query you first (like Windoze) before you screw that incandescent bulb in:

"Dave? Are you Really, really sure, you want to insert that bulb"?

But then again, the Mogul base will be long gone soon probably so it becomes moot.

What do you do first? Why, change all the definitions, of course.

And in reference to my last, I meant more sociologically and politically than "why can't I buy decent duct tape any more"?
Got my daughters "nearly vintage" 03 Ducati 620 Monster back from the local shop (used to be the dealer).   Wouldn't start - fuel issue.    Fuel pump was fine but the 15 year old plastic mesh filter screen had deteriorated as had the "rubber" hoses inside the tank.   Who knew they used "rubber" hoses inside the tank?  Have used fuel treatment from new and methanol free gas since it became available here in Waco a couple years ago so no rust in tank.

Have been restoring a tank from a Triumph TT600 this summer. We have about 10% ethanol in the fuel. No big surprise there was about one pound of rust in it and the fuel pump was gone. Two days in citric acid blend solved the problem exceptionaly well, it's as good as a new tank.
Got my daughters "nearly vintage" 03 Ducati 620 Monster back from the local shop (used to be the dealer).   Wouldn't start - fuel issue.    Fuel pump was fine but the 15 year old plastic mesh filter screen had deteriorated as had the "rubber" hoses inside the tank.   Who knew they used "rubber" hoses inside the tank?  Have used fuel treatment from new and methanol free gas since it became available here in Waco a couple years ago so no rust in tank.
Campfire Talk / Re: Perfect World
« Last post by oTTo on Today at 09:18:33 am »
          The data gathering machines (since Tofler and McLuhan, Skinner and Alinsky) e.g. Google, Facebook, Amazon,et.al., in the modern era, have been shaping what we buy since birth. They also shape how we think and what and who we vote for. If you're "inside it", of course, you don't even see it. The unaware and too busy to bother don't even see that they're being fucked with because they're being "paid" (rewarded) not to see it in one way or another. We are being nudged and manipulated every second of every day now and it's being made easier to do with every new kindergarten class.

(All these "we" and "you" references are, of course, universals. Nothing personal here).

I would not fully agree to it, lot of things got better over last century and the consumers just moved to something that deliverd more value for money. The latest regulatory mandates are however just..... ya, you know what I mean. Still missing a proper 100W bulb and there is still no proper alternative in nearby grocery stores at least.
Pages: [1] 2 3 ... 10